What's going on in your shop? Show us whats going on, and talk a bit about your work!

My former knife vice was due an upgrade, so I threw it out and made a new one. It's a proven design, nothing fancy. But it's rock solid and will be of great assistance in the workshop.

nblSIFH.jpg

tefObQO.jpg

Guys , is it good or bad if blade after tempering still scratch glass ? I have no Hrc tester ...........

wrflnr.jpg

Natlek, what it can scratch isn't really a good indication of a good temper...

Look up "brass rod test" either on here or elsewhere for a good functional test on temper performance.

IMG_4090.JPG Decided to build a second grinder and mount the new 3hp 3ph motor to it and keep the old one with the treadmill motor for sharpening. By the time I spent $30 on cut off wheels to cut all the steel off to mount the new motor figured I'd spend $30 more and just buy the steel and build a new one. Added another tool slot in this one. Still need to built a second flat platen. New wheels are in the mail and picking up the steel tomorrow.

lovely knives ! Currenthill that is a sweet looking vice, i need one of those :)
I agree with Laurence, HSC you are cranking out some beauties...i want a san mai slippy dammit

Kosa, that thing is a BEAST! Are you going to use it to chop down the world?

Back