Whats Your Favorite Concealed Carry Handgun ?

Are you left-handed?

No. Deceiving but that is a right hand holster. Works by sliding hand between long leather back flap and pistol grip and pull pistol out. The holster rides well in the pocket and conceals the gun completely. Because the pistol rides towards the inside and the leather rides toward the back it looks like a wallet in your back pocket. In the front pocket you can be walking down the street with your hand on your pistola and it looks like your walking with your hands in your pocket. Seecamps are close range pistols. There are no sights on these guns. You can slightly cant it and use the barrel edge as a sight. Great little mouse guns.

No. Deceiving but that is a right hand holster. Works by sliding hand between long leather back flap and pistol grip and pull pistol out. The holster rides well in the pocket and conceals the gun completely. Because the pistol rides towards the inside and the leather rides toward the back it looks like a wallet in your back pocket. In the front pocket you can be walking down the street with your hand on your pistola and it looks like your walking with your hands in your pocket. Seecamps are close range pistols. There are no sights on these guns. You can slightly cant it and use the barrel edge as a sight. Great little mouse guns.

OK, I have the same holster for another gun and am right-handed, but it just seems that it would be difficult to draw without fumbling since you'd have to work your fingers between the grip and the "backing plate", which would naturally be pressed against the grip .
I can see the concept for back-pocket carry, or being able have your hand in your front pocket, ready to draw (thought I think the hand would then disguise the pistol anyway).

Regardless, i don't use mine because it's too big for my pockets anyway :)

today was the day! micro 9 ....
002_zpsvl7svkrf.jpg

the extended mags i ordered from kimber arrived just in time
003_zpsllpbwcdu.jpg

i will say that the strip and reassembly was no picnic though. a bit of a buzz kill. i hope it goes a bit smoother tomorrow night. taking it to the range tomorrow morning.

Oh that's pretty! I was considering that for my wife actually. Love to hear your opinion on it after you take it to the range. [emoji2][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's pretty! I was considering that for my wife actually. Love to hear your opinion on it after you take it to the range. [emoji2][emoji106]

first, welcome to the JK forum. unfortunately, the day didn't go as planned. if i'm lucky, i'll get there tomorrow. but, i'll make sure to post back when i do get there....

first, welcome to the JK forum. unfortunately, the day didn't go as planned. if i'm lucky, i'll get there tomorrow. but, i'll make sure to post back when i do get there....

Thank you for the welcome. Cool! Looking forward.

today was the day! micro 9 ....

the extended mags i ordered from kimber arrived just in time

i will say that the strip and reassembly was no picnic though. a bit of a buzz kill. i hope it goes a bit smoother tomorrow night. taking it to the range tomorrow morning.

That looks very similar to my Sig, which has a not-too-difficult disassembly (it ain't a Glock though).
What were the irritating points?

That looks very similar to my Sig, which has a not-too-difficult disassembly (it ain't a Glock though).
What were the irritating points?

i assume you mean the sig 938. i was deciding between the two. i definitely like it, and would love to try it some day.

you have to pull the slide back to line up the half moon on the slide with a spot on the slide stop (i.e. to get the slide stop out). i do not like that it is difficult to push the slide stop pin to raise the slide stop enough to grab it and pull it out. it took me a handful of tries before i was able to do it. even grabbed a wooden skewer to help assist me. but, that was nothing compare to getting the slide stop back in. you had to line it up just right, and get the barrel to just the right spot to push the slide stop pin through. wow. tough one. i am hoping that once the gun has been warn in a bit (and maybe the recoil spring loosens up), it will become easier. (i have read that it will)

now that i know what to do, that is half the battle. the manual was terrible as far as instructions go. fortunately, i found a youtube video on it. keep in mind that i have never owned a 1911 style gun before. i am not sure if this is the normal breakdown/assembly procedure. but, someone that doesn't have strong (enough) hands would never be able to clean this gun.

i assume you mean the sig 938. i was deciding between the two. i definitely like it, and would love to try it some day.

you have to pull the slide back to line up the half moon on the slide with a spot on the slide stop (i.e. to get the slide stop out). i do not like that it is difficult to push the slide stop pin to raise the slide stop enough to grab it and pull it out. it took me a handful of tries before i was able to do it. even grabbed a wooden skewer to help assist me. but, that was nothing compare to getting the slide stop back in. you had to line it up just right, and get the barrel to just the right spot to push the slide stop pin through. wow. tough one. i am hoping that once the gun has been warn in a bit (and maybe the recoil spring loosens up), it will become easier. (i have read that it will)

now that i know what to do, that is half the battle. the manual was terrible as far as instructions go. fortunately, i found a youtube video on it. keep in mind that i have never owned a 1911 style gun before. i am not sure if this is the normal breakdown/assembly procedure. but, someone that doesn't have strong (enough) hands would never be able to clean this gun.

Yep, pretty much the same operation for the Sig.
Not something I'd want to do in a hurry (or in the field the -4 temps we have today) and it could certainlybe easier, but it's not horrible.
I did almost hit a snag on my very first attempt by not pushing the ejector bar out of the way of the slide during reassembly, but I've learned the hard way too many times not to force things that should go together smoothly ("crossthread is better than no thread" didn't work very well well when working on race cars :)

Enjoy the new gun!

Yep, pretty much the same operation for the Sig.
Not something I'd want to do in a hurry (or in the field the -4 temps we have today) and it could certainlybe easier, but it's not horrible.
I did almost hit a snag on my very first attempt by not pushing the ejector bar out of the way of the slide during reassembly, but I've learned the hard way too many times not to force things that should go together smoothly ("crossthread is better than no thread" didn't work very well well when working on race cars :)

Enjoy the new gun!

thanks rob

I carry a Glock 17. Some of you may think this is too big of a gun to carry but with a comfortable holster it works great.

Sig Sauer P320 subcompact - Replaced the S&W Shield 9mm. Just got in the extended mag and xgrip for it. It is a little top heavy as a 3 finger grip w/ the original 12 round mag, but with the 15 round my pinky grips perfectly and the balance is noticeably better. Only a centimeter or so longer in the handle with the extended mag.

Still looking for, well actually saving up for, an OWB holster for the Ruger. I carry the S&W in an IWB Hidden Hybrid Holster. It being heavier I prefer the Sig, but every now and then you just have to carry a 1911.

so, my sons are home from school. my youngest says, "can we go shoot while i'm home sometime?" uhhh, yup. had a great day at the range today....

IMG_35381_zpscgjjboek.jpg

and, to followup with the stunnerable request, i had an interesting day with the kimber micro 9. it didn't start well. the first 4-5 mags yielded many failure to feeds and failure to return to battery. but, the last several mags i fired were great. no problems. and the last one, i finally got things figured out. btw, for me, it made a big difference triggering from the tip of my finger vs. the crease of the joint. once i switched to the crease, i got groups like this from 7 yards....
IMG_35321_zpsdxxx6m9p.jpg

not bad for a tiny gun, especially first time out.

His and Hers Sig 938s and Spydercos

8424442c79c772d1acfa678e2f9bb6a9.jpg

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Back