Your own personal modded 14 giveaway..who wants in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i probably dont post near enough to even be considered but hey its worth a try
id like to see
- change it to clip point
- nice leather handle
-nice but simple leather sheath
-convex the edge
- add a bottle opener somewhere
- paint or powder coat it od green or a cool dark grey
- and give it a badass new name

Now, I just thought about something that I would really... I mean REALLY like.
I call it, the Becker Peasant Knife.
Basically, you take a 14, grind the lower part of the handle away, drill a pivot hole and add a Svord handle (or atleast, something similar in size and looks).

It would make a nice friction folder and would look somewhat like this:

2hx0irp.jpg

As awesome as I think this is already, I'd like to see it full high convex (and stripped ofcourse). The wood would be nicer in Cherry or Cocobolo. Brass pivots, too.
Edit: I'd grind away the finger guard too. Just held the Svord, and I guess a fingerguard would get in the way of the operating system, no need for that.

Whereas the blades of the Eskabar/BK11 and the Svord are quite similar, the stock of the Becker is much thicker, making it more sturdy. The handle of the Svord is way longer and allows for a 4 finger grip, even with gloves I think for people with larger hands. This could tackle the complaint I see sometimes that the BK14's handles are not large enough.

Hmmm... I think I'm gonna dream about this knife tonight:D

Last edited:
This is simple, and I don't qualify for the contest. But this is what I'd like to see done to a 14. Blade reground something like this.
BK14_HalfSize_INFO.jpg

A more gracefully arcing spine, and the finger guard ground off. And some cocobolo or desert ironwood scales with three brass pins and a brass lanyard tube. Like I said, I don't qualify for the contest but I'd like to see this done.

This is simple, and I don't qualify for the contest. But this is what I'd like to see done to a 14. Blade reground something like this.
BK14_HalfSize_INFO.jpg

A more gracefully arcing spine, and the finger guard ground off. And some cocobolo or desert ironwood scales with three brass pins and a brass lanyard tube. Like I said, I don't qualify for the contest but I'd like to see this done.

Alright.........I'll ask the stupid question.........why don't you qualify?

Another idea. Raise the edge and make the blade shape wharncliffe style. Nice and pointy, much like GEC's slip joint wharncliffe blades. Polish the spine and put in some vine-like file work on the handle portion, extending about 1" onto the blade portion. Add a nickel or titanium bolster and black g10 handles over a thin blue liner, attached with 2 hollow flared pins.

I was also thinking much the same as above, but extend the belly of the knife and pattern the blade after the bk5/15 for a more upswept look with a false swedge.

I was kind of trying to visualize, so I could refine to find beauty and usefulness. I suck at photoshop, but got this far:

BK14crazywharnie_zpscb5b56c4.jpg

Then I got goofy...kind of reminds me of the Benchmade Skirmish:

BK14crazywharnieskeletonized_zps0e56e0bb.jpg

I'm not sure this adds anything, but I'm still thinking....

BK14_HalfSize_INFO.jpg

Sooo....you want an izula? Haha.

Basically, you take a 14, grind the lower part of the handle away, drill a pivot hole and add a Svord handle (or atleast, something similar in size and looks).

Oh, this is VERY cool. I cede my entries to Galeocerdoshark.
The tang area could be shortened a bit and the end bent to make a clever bottle opener when the blade is closed?? That might be a little grabby when exposed, but Todd is an expert craftsman and can probably solve that little problem. :D

The tang area could be shortened a bit and the end bent to make a clever bottle opener when the blade is closed?? That might be a little grabby when exposed, but Todd is an expert craftsman and can probably solve that little problem. :D

An expert craftsman says you. Aaaawwwww. Why thank you Daizee. Your not so shabby yourself! ;)

Well thanks, that's very kind! And yeah, I think a bottle opener wouldn't hurt, lol.

Now, I just thought about something that I would really... I mean REALLY like.
I call it, the Becker Peasant Knife.

It would make a nice friction folder and would look somewhat like this:

2hx0irp.jpg

As awesome as I think this is already, I'd like to see it full high convex (and stripped ofcourse). The wood would be nicer in Cherry or Cocobolo. Brass pivots, too.
Edit: I'd grind away the finger guard too. Just held the Svord, and I guess a fingerguard would get in the way of the operating system, no need for that.

Whereas the blades of the Eskabar/BK11 and the Svord are quite similar, the stock of the Becker is much thicker, making it more sturdy. The handle of the Svord is way longer and allows for a 4 finger grip, even with gloves I think for people with larger hands. This could tackle the complaint I see sometimes that the BK14's handles are not large enough.

Hmmm... I think I'm gonna dream about this knife tonight:D

My first though was a bk14 folder as well but this is taking it to a whole new level!!! I like this entry a lot. I've always loved the peasant knife look. This would be badass if it were ever made. IMO.....we have a winner!!

My first though was a bk14 folder as well but this is taking it to a whole new level!!! I like this entry a lot. I've always loved the peasant knife look. This would be badass if it were ever made. IMO.....we have a winner!!

I agree.
It bothers me that I didn't think of it first.:D

Like someone else said, I don't have near enough post to be taken seriously around here, and so, by default, my mod would be uninteresting.
My first mod idea was a simple push dagger military tribute...... yeah I know boring as f**k right? And then people started getting crazy, like way beyond the limits (IMO) of the BK styling, so here is my second and final entry.

Just bend the damn thing around, sharpen the outside and make it a goddamn throwing star with micarta(for that bushcraft feel) in the center.

I think with all the other crazy shit, this mod would be interesting and yet........quite stoopid.

I don't have much experience with blade modification to comment on that. This is probably sacrilege, but I'd like to see one w/ some type of antler or ram's horn handle. It'd make a sweet skinning blade.

image.jpg
This! Because its not just for looks or preference of shape and materials, it actually gives the knife a new function all together! Plus I think it would be a challenge to make. :rolleyes:

Everybody loves this, but what am I missing here? When the thing is closed, wouldn't that pointy tang/backbone/thingee be in my pocket, pointed right at something very valuable? :eek:

as-drawn the spine/tang thingie is too long and sharp, but that's a minor thing to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back