ZT Knives Cutting through Bolts and copper

Let me ask you something, would you buy knife after some real life video where is clearly shown how expensive knife cracks like glass?
Chris Reeve knives are much weaker and they are made of powdered steel too. Best knife for money now and then is Glock 78, 81 and that's fact. Cold Steel True Flight trower you can break so easy and its much cheaper.

1. I would and did.

2. Feel free to make your own video hammering the Glock knife through bolts and copper pipe to see what happens.

3. Realize that the Glock knvies are not folders!!!

here is a REAL WORLD HARD USE test for the knife abusers:

- cut apart cardboard boxes day in and day out
- cut thick binding straps and zipties for several hours
- skin out and dress game for a season
- cut poles for shelter and traps all season
- cut ropes and string and haybail twine all season
- make fuzzsticks all season
- cut kindling and firewood all season
- prep food
- trim hooves
- cut open feed bags all year
- cut seatbelts and clothing in a rescue situ
- cut sightlines for shooting lanes
- cut bolts of fabric
- cut rubber hose
- cut rubber reinforced hose
- cut apart plastic barrels for planters
- cut carpet

ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC all real world use of a knife, unlike the BS we keep seeing by the Jack:eek:ss internet set today.

anything else (like using a ********* hammer to smash a knife thru pipe) is nothing more than a complete waste of a functional tool, complete and utter abuse of a tool, and blatant attention whoring. "look at me look at me! I'M BREAKING TOOLS! i'M A JACK
:eek:SS AND PROUD OF IT!) sorry, this is NOT a personal attack to the OP, its a general statement at the idiocy that abounds in this world since the internet and idiot"u"tube started . :mad:

rant mode off

Last edited:
1. I would and did.

2. Feel free to make your own video hammering the Glock knife through bolts and copper pipe to see what happens.

3. Realize that the Glock knvies are not folders!!!

0100 we talk about. Knife tests are all ready did this to Glock.
Jason Whoreheese finished knife by jumping on blade.
Fact is that Glock is toughest of all knives with same dimensions and costs all most nothing. If you not believe your own eyes - buy and try - I did.

Or give yourself a big hug. You actually need LOVE!!!!!

There's something about these destruction videos that I always find interesting, but I really can't tell how some (not all) of the "tests" provide any valuable information. One of those tests was the whacking with the 2x4. I can see why someone might think it's providing some useful info, but I just can't get myself to think that it actually does.

I can't tell the difference between doing that and setting it on fire for example. Would the people that are in favor of those types of tests disapprove of setting knives and fire and seeing how long they would last?

How fast You can get money for knife? Much easier for Ka Bar, Buck, Cold Steel or Glock whose knives have same quality ( as a knife ) and don't cost so much. ZT 0100 is too expensive knife for field use.

How fast You can get money for knife? Much easier for Ka Bar, Buck, Cold Steel or Glock whose knives have same quality ( as a knife ) and don't cost so much. ZT 0100 is too expensive knife for field use.

Huh? :confused:

It makes me wince to watch videos like that.I can't imagine doing that to my knives,period.

I like the tests for the same reason production companies destroy their knives, to see how they break. Since that information is normally not shared with anyone, it's nice to see when other people are willing to show us the failure methods of knives.
Yes, standardized tests would be nice, but you take what you can get.

is there any way that we can get these people who like to destroy multi-hundred dollar knives my contact info? i really can't afford a $200 folder, so if those guys are just going to break theirs, maybe we can get them to send them to me instead. i will use them as they are intended: to cut things. not see if i can come up with new and creative ways of throwing my hard earned money in the trash can.

Industrial cutters that cut or shear steel have hard tool steel edges that are not tough enough to be hammered, yet are very strong and hard enough to cut steel all day long. They use great force to cut, but do it without shock loading the cutters. Cutting by hammering is more about hammering than it is about cutting.

If you really think there is a chance you are going to have a life or death need to hammer through metal, aren't you going to need another knife if you actually need to cut the seatbelt or ? afterwards? If that is one of your requirements for a knife, carrying a "survival" cold chisel is going to save you a lot of aggravation, broken knives, & money.

A hammer test places a premium on many characteristics that reduce cutting effectiveness.

There's something about these destruction videos that I always find interesting, but I really can't tell how some (not all) of the "tests" provide any valuable information. One of those tests was the whacking with the 2x4. I can see why someone might think it's providing some useful info, but I just can't get myself to think that it actually does.

I can't tell the difference between doing that and setting it on fire for example. Would the people that are in favor of those types of tests disapprove of setting knives and fire and seeing how long they would last?

I absolutely think we need to see fire tests on these knives now... after all, one might wake to find that they are in a burning vehicle, and their ZT is on fire. Would it still cut a seatbelt, and survive repeated attempts to cut an escape hatch in the roof? I think we also need to see real time tests on the hammer he used. I for one would like to know if it will still cut a chicken in half, slice a tin can, and then make paper thin tomato slices.

But seriously - nobody in their right mind would ever use a knife to do what he did with those. That is a given. If you are one of the people whining about how he wasted his money, the you need a reality check. He was given those knives by Kershaw to test to the point of failure, not to carry around in his pocket. Honestly if he had stuck it into the log and then hooked it to a winch and measured the exact ammount of force it took to snap it off - would that have been any better? I think those demonstrations (no they were not tests) showed that the ZT line is tough as nails to say the least.

I carry Kershaw because I love their designs and the warranty they offer. They have a wide variety of different opening options, as well as locks. They price their knives right too. That 0300 Strider/Onion collaboration is very nice, and only costs around $250. The very similar 0200 can be had for half that much and uses cpm154, and a liner lock with no assist. The 0200 will soon replace my Ken Onion Blackout that I've EDC'd for the last 5 years. And yes - like many of you - I too died a little inside when he set the edge of that 0300 on that bolt and proceeded to treat it like a $1 harbor Freight chisel.

Does anybody know about what we talking? What is such value of knife that it must cost 300 $? Glock is official army knife - ZT isn't, cost ten times less than ZT and I'm sure that much more soldiers on duty carry just this knife than anyone else.
But I order it one! Why? Because this knife ( ZT 0100 ) is great utility knife for nature lovers like me. This knife can be used as a weapon, but WICH ONE can't?

Hmmmm...when I worked construction for over 10 years, I didn't recall any bricklayers using 200+ dollar knives to cut bricks...maybe their methods were out of date. I will send them that video.:rolleyes:
By all means we need more morons to prove time and time again that any knife will break if used by an idiot:rolleyes:
By the way..I used my 30 dollar buck 110 to cut the entire top floor off of my house..and it still sliced tomatoes nicely:D
I have also used that same 110 to cut through the leaf springs on my Ford Bronco and then used it to prepare a delightful dinner:D I personally am waiting for the nuclear holocaust test,then will see who's blade is the best!!!:cool:

You are partially right. Idiot is idiot but still is significant difference between 30 dollars and 300! By all respect that this isn't way how to use knife, this man (with absolutely right ) was thinking that this isn't knife for 30 $! I sayed once and I say it again " Steel isn't instant drink! That means that powdered steels aren't even close in toughness to forged steels. 154 CM or even better, ATS 34 are PREMIUM steels, they wont breake so easy ( but they will at the end ). Conan wasn't right, it was Toolsa Doom, flesh is most toughest material. Didn't you see Randy Courture in last fight?

Back