1 CRK Knife For 1 Year!

What happened exactly? Where do you live?
Heres my quote from last week….

“Lets just say I had the opportunity to review the local concealed weapons statutes with a fine member of our local law enforcement agency today. In particular how they pertain to knives with a blade length over 3.5 inches which are not covered by the Concealed Handgun Permit I hold.He was most thorough in his explanation of the consequences of violating the ordnance with respect to my CHP and its upcoming renewal.
As I am a fast learner he kept it at a verbal lesson.”

Interesting! Thanks for the story. I carried a knife over the blade length restriction (3") in LA for about a decade and never had any issues.

Interesting! Thanks for the story. I carried a knife over the blade length restriction (3") in LA for about a decade and never had any issues.
If I hadn’t had to report my CHP by statute there would never had been an issue. State law requires you announce if carrying when contacted by law enforcement. After I did he wanted to see my permit, which was in the same pocket as my Zaan. When I removed my Zaan he mention the 3.5 limit and recommended I follow it to avoid an issue when my permit is up for renewal.
He was very very cool and liked the Zaan. Actually said if they made an auto he would look into it. We talked glocks , rmr and knives for several minutes. Then he went back to writing a few tickets to the idiot that plowed into my truck at the intersection.

If I hadn’t had to report my CHP by statute there would never had been an issue. State law requires you announce if carrying when contacted by law enforcement. After I did he wanted to see my permit, which was in the same pocket as my Zaan. When I removed my Zaan he mention the 3.5 limit and recommended I follow it to avoid an issue when my permit is up for renewal.
He was very very cool and liked the Zaan. Actually said if they made an auto he would look into it. We talked glocks , rmr and knives for several minutes. Then he went back to writing a few tickets to the idiot that plowed into my truck at the intersection.
Ahhhh okay that makes sense. Ive never been stopped where I would have to tell them im carrying anything. Well Im glad he was cool. Sorry to hear about your truck!

Heres my quote from last week….

“Lets just say I had the opportunity to review the local concealed weapons statutes with a fine member of our local law enforcement agency today. In particular how they pertain to knives with a blade length over 3.5 inches which are not covered by the Concealed Handgun Permit I hold.He was most thorough in his explanation of the consequences of violating the ordnance with respect to my CHP and its upcoming renewal.
As I am a fast learner he kept it at a verbal lesson.”

Sounds like you need a small sebenza/inkosi for a work knife. I can carry any size blade I want here, but I love the small sebenza in the shop. it’s always got a “working edge” on it.

Sounds like you need a small sebenza/inkosi for a work knife. I can carry any size blade I want here, but I love the small sebenza in the shop. it’s always got a “working edge” on it.
owned and carried at least 8 small sebenzas. Wanted badly to love them but just never could. They are to me in that akward space between pocket knife and work knife and don’t excel at either. To big to drop into your pocket and too small to be worth the clip carry hassles. Ill stick with my proven Mnandi with just shy of 2 years in my pocket as my pocket knife and real/proper tools for my heavy work usage.

Last edited:
I think I’m going to have to start this challenge again when my, new to me, large Inkosi shows up!

In a deliberate effort to downsize my ever expanding collection, I bought a Sebenza off the exchange. I'm going to see if I can become a one knife man. I've been carrying this double lugger for a few weeks now and I think I can do this. Time will tell.

TJLT1cu.jpg

Im thinking about this. Ill check back in, in two weeks.

Last edited:
In a deliberate effort to downsize my ever expanding collection, I bought a Sebenza off the exchange. I'm going to see if I can become a one knife man. I've been carrying this double lugger for a few weeks now and I think I can do this. Time will tell.

TJLT1cu.jpg

I too often buy expensive knives in an effort to downsize my collection!

I'm not joking

I've decided I don't think I can do this. I have too many knives I like to carry. Congrats to those of you diciplined enough to complete this. Maybe I will one day.

Well I decided 2 weeks ago I was going to give this a go with my new small Sebenza Classic. While this would be practically impossible to replace as I bought is as new it was meant to be carried and used, I think that Chris would be proud.
I’ve been mostly using the slip case and generally also carry a Christy knife the Classic gives me a warm feeling as it sits in my
pocket.
68609844-23CD-4355-8C7B-E3BB6FD76CFA.jpeg7643820F-60D7-488B-9D9A-E01E14DD3F14.jpeg

Back