18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Closer view of the "Sharpened Double edge"(TOP)

tWxy0Di.jpg
Tommy, I’m a little surprised to see that tree in one piece, I don’t think I’ll have that much restraint once I get mine in hand.:D

Mine arrived 2 weeks ago, I’ve just been too busy with a move to play with it yet and take some pics. But there’s a bit of a list status update for you.

I had a very thick cardboard tube in the kitchen. No room to swing, but I took a little partial jab at it, being careful not wreck the wall on the follow thru...and it nearly made a clean pass. Terrifyingly awesome blade!

Once I get the shipping notice - I may have to request a day off work to spend time fondling and caressing the K18; taking glamour shots, posing with picturesque backdrops, destroying the greenbelt, getting dirty looks of confusion by the girlfriend...ya know...the standard routine for any new CPK offering.

Either way, my anticipation and excitement has not faltered one iota. If anything, it has grown stronger since Chad started posting pics of the matching pants to go with it.

Once I get the shipping notice - I may have to request a day off work to spend time fondling and caressing the K18; taking glamour shots, posing with picturesque backdrops, destroying the greenbelt, getting dirty looks of confusion by the girlfriend...ya know...the standard routine for any new CPK offering.

Either way, my anticipation and excitement has not faltered one iota. If anything, it has grown stronger since Chad started posting pics of the matching pants to go with it.

Man I really need to know when you get yours, because mine is two spots after!

Random thoughts, K18 style:

Dan Keffeler is a good cutter.
I have a bad shoulder right now which limits my power output.
Oak is pretty tough, and smallish trees give way/move and absorb energy.
I do want to try the 2x4 smash with a fixed, rigid target.

All that said, here are some mediocre pics for your amusement:

I like that you can carry this Buford Pusser style without hitting the floor.
N8Xd6Oel.jpg

It is large and in charge.
aC96xRRl.jpg

YQOJ9oel.jpg

Probably the worst/thickest part of the edge (the tanto transition) to make this cut...but it still did it. This is not paper towel tube. It’s a bit thicker.
VaR3RYF.jpg

Some pine and oak hacks:
ecQp2qwl.jpg

2SvC3zSl.jpg

Random thoughts, K18 style:

Dan Keffeler is a good cutter.
I have a bad shoulder right now which limits my power output.
Oak is pretty tough, and smallish trees give way/move and absorb energy.
I do want to try the 2x4 smash with a fixed, rigid target.

All that said, here are some mediocre pics for your amusement:

I like that you can carry this Buford Pusser style without hitting the floor.
N8Xd6Oel.jpg

It is large and in charge.
aC96xRRl.jpg

YQOJ9oel.jpg

Probably the worst/thickest part of the edge (the tanto transition) to make this cut...but it still did it. This is not paper towel tube. It’s a bit thicker.
VaR3RYF.jpg

Some pine and oak hacks:
ecQp2qwl.jpg

2SvC3zSl.jpg
YES!!!! More vicarious living!

Thank you for sharing your awesome pic(s) and initial feedback. Anticipation is growing!

Last edited:
Back