18" Keffeler Sword (K18), AKA The KOD Piece

Holding the K18 it’s impossible not to smile ear to ear.

This is a beast, yet feels like Nathan made the handle just for me. I can rotate it with a few fingers (don’t recommend this). It defies logic and I’m reminded how lucky we are to be a part of this.

Here’s a pic to add to the K18 and Busse pictures.

edit - post #14 on the pre-order

LZWamSy.jpg

Last edited:
Busse's that always bring a smile to my face when holding them- the EU17 Magnum( I hear you Ron!)and the BIBB(bolo inspired battle blade) and maybe the DSF(desert storm fighter). When I hold a CPK, I have never thought about balance( it's a done deal). My only consideration in a CPK is concealability(hence the scaless edc I carry) and blade shape( the boot dagger is a marvel).

Holding the K18 it’s impossible not to smile ear to ear.

This is a beast, yet feels like Nathan made the handle just for me. I can rotate it with a few fingers (don’t recommend this). It defies logic and I’m reminded how lucky we are to be a part of this.

Here’s a pic to add to the K18 and Busse pictures.

edit - post #14 on the pre-order

LZWamSy.jpg

I had to get the mbc out and put it next to my bc to get an idea of how big the k18 is.

NMZEVOG.jpg

Jeepers! That is a sizable piece of ∆3v.

If I recall, the handle was all Bo.......

I forgot about that. Some people are just blessed.

I had to get the mbc out and put it next to my bc to get an idea of how big the k18 is.

NMZEVOG.jpg

Jeepers! That is a sizable piece of ∆3v.

Yeah, so much ∆3v goodness!

Here’s another. I had to borrow this from the wife. She confiscated it as soon as I received it.

If there are any requests I can try to make it happen.

OPAutTS.jpg

Last edited:
This <Hog-Nosed War Sword> is the closest thing I know of in the Busse/Kin arsenal that would compare to the KOD18, but even then it's still apples : oranges, or, perhaps, apples : pears.

The sharpened top edge of the CPK would be a huge advantage over the HNWS in a KOD type competition, imho. But it sure would be fun to watch!

Busse's pic:
Hognose%20War%20Sword_zps4sdpo9hv.jpg

Specs:
OAL: 22.875"
Blade Length: 16"
Blade Width: Approx. 1.85" - 2.5"
Thickness: Approx .250"
Steel: SR-101
Hardness: 58-60 Rc
I’ve had a Hognose as well. It is a broader blade so a little closer in dimensions but the extended handle and pommel make a huge difference in the balance, dynamics, and handling of the K-18. The Busse choppers are pretty much one trick ponies - they chop. The K-18 moves.

Back