1st Friday Production Updates

I usually get up between 2-4. Early worm gets the bird and all that stuff.

This is insanity to me. :p
5:00 for me on work days to walk the dog before work.

I got a new alarm clock a little over a year ago and she doesn't let us sleep past 5:30 usually... even on the weekend. She's lucky she's cute.

I've gotten the 1st Friday newsletter done and scheduled to be sent out. But I don't think I am going to have time to post it over here on Friday so here is a sneak preview. I may not have a chance to check in here until Monday, so try not to get too rowdy. :)

- GSO-5 orders are getting sharpened and built. We are on schedule to have those all shipped out on or before September 14th
- Necker II sheaths are scheduled to start arriving in the next few weeks
- New spec GSO-5.1 blades are going to be in the SURVIVE! Workshop later this month. Those will be getting some finishing touches while the GSO-5.1 handles and sheaths are being produced.
- The GSO-4.7 blades are heading to production grinding in a couple of weeks
- GSO-2.7 steel is getting cut this month
- Next up for the water jet cutting will be the GSO-4.1
- That will be followed by the GSO-7/7, GSO-3.5, and then the GSO-12
- Looking at current preorder numbers the remaining models will be produced in the following order: GSO-4.5 Bushcraft, GSO-10, GSO-6, and then the GSO-8

C'mon GSO 6 and 8 people sitting on the fence. Lets get these knives moved to the front of the line! PLACE YOUR ORDERS!

Don't worry Ellie, we wont get rowdy:devilish:.

Ellie!!! You are AWESOME!!!!! Very cool that you could share the news early, I was looking forward to the Friday update like always.

Great news about how all these starters are moving along, very exciting. AND breaking news on the order of the next round of models.

You 3 must really be busting balls if you'll have all the 5's done in a couple weeks. Can't wait! :thumbup:

Speak for yourself, Mac. I'm getting rowdy over here :D:D:D

Edit to add: get out of my way, bushcrafters, daddy wants his 10!! :p

Wow, the 4.5 leaped to the front of the second set of runs. I would have bet on the 10.

I thought the 8 would be right up there. I'll have to get my order in soon.

Noticed the old style 4.1 I'm still waiting on (April 29th) is no longer even included in the update. I get the reasons for the delays, but I ordered when all options were available etc...

Noticed the old style 4.1 I'm still waiting on (April 29th) is no longer even included in the update. I get the reasons for the delays, but I ordered when all options were available etc...

I really don't want to be insulting, but you're sure you ordered an old model and not a starter? I thought the only old model not in customer hands was the 5. Hang tough, man!

I really don't want to be insulting, but you're sure you ordered an old model and not a starter? I thought the only old model not in customer hands was the 5. Hang tough, man!

Ordered before the tumbled fasteners and blades with jimping were sold out. How in the hell would I not know exactly what I ordered? Wait time was something like 15 days when I placed the order. Lol. I've been patient. Now I'm something other than thrilled about this entire experience. I never participate in pre-orders/starters. My previous 4.1s were purchased from retailers. I purchased this one to replace one I gave away. At the time they were in stock all over the place. By the time I got around to wanting to replace it, they were just a little more popular. I waited forever for them to be available again. I'm still waiting...

I would definitely call regarding that old style 4.1. I can sympathize, trust me. I ordered my 5 the same day (4/29) and remains in "awaiting fulfillment" status. But there seems to be some solid people here vouching for Survive, so that helps to keep me patient.

As for my 5.1 Starter, I have my doubts I will see this in 2015, but I hope to have eat crow on that prediction. :)

Well they do have a section under your account that says "View Order Status".
They also have a phone number and an email account.
Definitely try this if you haven't already. Also look through your old emails. They must have something automatic that sends confirmation emails because I always get one immediately.

I would definitely call regarding that old style 4.1. I can sympathize, trust me. I ordered my 5 the same day (4/29) and remains in "awaiting fulfillment" status. But there seems to be some solid people here vouching for Survive, so that helps to keep me patient.

As for my 5.1 Starter, I have my doubts I will see this in 2015, but I hope to have eat crow on that prediction. :)
You may have seen here the 5's are said to be on track to be sent out on or before 9/14. I think I read on Facebook that the 5.1's are predicted to be out in October! If that's right I'll get you some ranch to dip your crow in :D:D:D

Ordered before the tumbled fasteners and blades with jimping were sold out. How in the hell would I not know exactly what I ordered? Wait time was something like 15 days when I placed the order. Lol. I've been patient. Now I'm something other than thrilled about this entire experience. I never participate in pre-orders/starters. My previous 4.1s were purchased from retailers. I purchased this one to replace one I gave away. At the time they were in stock all over the place. By the time I got around to wanting to replace it, they were just a little more popular. I waited forever for them to be available again. I'm still waiting...

You might want to check out the thread: Time to your door/post 223. I would definitely give them a call. (Last Paragraph)

Last edited:
Back