$200++ flippers from China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you sure seem to feel that someone not liking Chinese knives is somehow a personal attack on you. Why is that?

People spouting off lies and random gibberish is the worst possible thing for the knife community, or any community for that matter, it has nothing to do with not "liking" Chinese made knives. People can like what they want. Personally attacked? No. Annoyed at the ignorance when it is based on fallacy instead of an actual opinion, you betcha.

I cruise eBay quite often and just want to say I’m amazed at the prices ppl want to charge. Granted, I’m looking at m390 blades. But get out of town with that noise!

I picked up a Kubey 3507 for $150 because of the wicked tanto blade shape (well done) but the handle and clip are meh. The thin (un)usable space the clip gives would accommodate me if I was wearing only my Calvin Kleins undies, waistband mount. Anything like slacks and: bent clip. I see CH has the same knife, same model number btw, CH branding.

I lived in China for a while, who knows the chances that the steel is what they say it is. But still, even if - I’m not interested after my first toe dip with the Kubey.
Yes, as the Chinese-made knife prices creep up, I can't see a reason not to buy American-made. Their quality will never be as consistent as Taiwanese or Japanese or American, because if you don't watch them closely, Chinese will cut corners. Substituting cheaper steel, skipping QC, etc. This is not being racist either. My ex wife is Chinese, and she was one with more integrity than usual, but she still was just looking out for #1 all the time. She would gyp someone at the drop of a hat. I finally got sick of it and cut the chain.

People spouting off lies and random gibberish is the worst possible thing for the knife community, or any community for that matter, it has nothing to do with not "liking" Chinese made knives. People can like what they want. Personally attacked? No. Annoyed at the ignorance when it is based on fallacy instead of an actual opinion, you betcha.

Is that why you spouted off lies and gibberish about the knives he listed? It's only ok when you do it, or nah? Inconsistency in positions seem to be something of a recurring issue with you. Like remember before in that other thread when you dismissively said that CRK designs were stale, yet right there in your own sig, you're requesting people to let you know if they have a Sebenza for sale?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

This is a dead horse and you guys got trolled.

It's not a dead horse, it's a common, and moronic, position on this forum.

It is foolish, unrealistic, delusional, and borderline racist. Why should any of us allow the community to harbor and encourage such a stupid line of attack against at least a billion people?

It is foolish, unrealistic, delusional, and borderline racist. Why should any of us allow the community to harbor and encourage such a stupid line of attack against at least a billion people?

Calm down, Brenda.

Yes, as the Chinese-made knife prices creep up, I can't see a reason not to buy American-made. Their quality will never be as consistent as Taiwanese or Japanese or American, because if you don't watch them closely, Chinese will cut corners. Substituting cheaper steel, skipping QC, etc. This is not being racist either. My ex wife is Chinese, and she was one with more integrity than usual, but she still was just looking out for #1 all the time. She would gyp someone at the drop of a hat. I finally got sick of it and cut the chain.

Do you think it's ironic that your claim that you are 'not being racist' was immediately followed by you crediting your complaints about your ex to her national/ethnic background, and that you used a bigoted slur against a completely different group to do so?

Scene:

A man sits with a WE knife in his pocket.

Another man bursts in dramatically and yells, “LISTEN UP! I REFUSE TO BUY EXPENSIVE CHINESE KNIVES!”

The knife continues to be excellent.

End scene.

The OP's point is that they're not always excellent. Maybe in WE's case, they are expensive enough to be. But another point is that in the $150+ bracket, why chance it? Even if you really do believe they won't cut corners, why not support domestic labor?

I just bought Steel Will Cutjack Mini and Modus in the past couple weeks. Build quality and fit & finish are excellent. Some folks have doubts about the steel: for example, is it equivalent to Queen's D2 as far as chemical quality and heat treat? I'm too new into ownership to know for sure yet. First impressions are excellent, but I won't be terribly surprised if it turns out that it's 8Cr marked as D2. I do know that it doesn't sharpen like 8Cr though. ;)

Is that why you spouted off lies and gibberish about the knives he listed? It's only ok when you do it, or nah? Inconsistency in positions seem to be something of a recurring issue with you. Like remember before in that other thread when you dismissively said that CRK designs were stale, yet right there in your own sig, you're requesting people to let you know if they have a Sebenza for sale?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Go ahead and google Marfione stealing designs, or the piece of trash human being he is, that is fact, there isn't any debating something when he was caught doing such. On Emerson, it may be less fact than opinion, but that doesn't change the fact that his knives are of lesser quality, specifically fit and finish than most, let alone his customs which are a joke.

CRK is going stale, they have ridden the wave of the Sebenza since its incarnation, why does that mean I can't appreciate them? Saying something is stale is not stating that it is bad. I love pizza, but does that mean I want pizza every night? Hell no. Right now the only pizza I want comes in a variant with Honduran rosewood.

Pick your battles better, spout off less.

No one is attacking the good people of China. It's unethical business practices and the rest is political and can't be discussed here. Nothing racist about it. It's the same reasons that unethical American business practices get criticized and unethical American businesses get boycotted.

So you overpaid for a no-name knife from a country well known for shoddy manufacturing practices and intellectual property theft?

Chinese knifemakers do start at a disadvantage, because their country has a well earned reputation for corner cutting, fraud, and theft in industry. If you had done some homework, you might have learned which ones have earned a good reputation. There are in fact Chinese custom makers and manufacturers who enjoy quality knives and want to put out quality work. But it can be hard to sort the good from the bad unless you do some homework.
It's sad but true. I've spent a couple months in China, and work with Chinese frequently. If there's a way to cheat, they will do it without any hesitation.

One example: old businesses are very rare in China. Why? Because they see an opportunity for a cash grab and they take it. It kills their' company's reputation, but they don't care. Just close the business, move everything a block down, and re-open under a new name.

Go ahead and google Marfione stealing designs, or the piece of trash human being he is, that is fact, there isn't any debating something when he was caught doing such. On Emerson, it may be less fact than opinion, but that doesn't change the fact that his knives are of lesser quality, specifically fit and finish than most, let alone his customs which are a joke.

CRK is going stale, they have ridden the wave of the Sebenza since its incarnation, why does that mean I can't appreciate them? Saying something is stale is not stating that it is bad. I love pizza, but does that mean I want pizza every night? Hell no. Right now the only pizza I want comes in a variant with Honduran rosewood.

Pick your battles better, spout off less.

You should probably take your own advice, especially since your logic (and memory) is so poor. "Let me lecture someone for holding an opinion I don't like, using the same logic I'm lecturing him for using." My advice would be for you to read more and post less.

Really...? ANOTHER Chinese knife thread?

No wonder the trolls use that net so often. It always works!

Same guppies in the net, too.

Robert

Maybe the mods and admins might choose to do something about the trolls for once, instead of protecting them by locking threads and scolding their critics.

Maybe the mods and admins might choose to do something about the trolls for once, instead of protecting them by locking threads and scolding their critics.
"I want to be able to call people racists for having valid, relevant reasons not to like things I like, and I want the mods to punish those members for daring to have opinions I disagree with. Also, racism."

You should probably take your own advice, especially since your logic (and memory) is so poor. "Let me lecture someone for holding an opinion I don't like, using the same logic I'm lecturing him for using." My advice would be for you to read more and post less.

My memory is far from poor. I vividly remember laughing at your ignorance before, and ignored you for it since momma taught me not to talk poorly about those that cannot help it. There are huge differences between people stating an opinion, and people telling falsehoods to make them feel better about said opinion. Remove any of my opinions from any of my posts, and the facts still stand, with everything I stated still holding true. Instead of disproving any of it, you swarm towards the minuscule amount of opinion while not touching the facts. Read between the lines, and congrats on rehashing my ending line, very original, oh wait. Maybe you should take a hint from your username.

My memory is far from poor. I vividly remember laughing at your ignorance before, and ignored you for it since momma taught me not to talk poorly about those that cannot help it. There are huge differences between people stating an opinion, and people telling falsehoods to make them feel better about said opinion. Remove any of my opinions from any of my posts, and the facts still stand, with everything I stated still holding true. Instead of disproving any of it, you swarm towards the minuscule amount of opinion while not touching the facts. Read between the lines, and congrats on rehashing my ending line, very original, oh wait. Maybe you should use your username as a hint lmao.

"I don't have a real response to the fact that I just used my own opinions trying to state that another member was objectively incorrect with his opinions because I don't understand that my opinions don't constitute fact, and then I got called out and I wish this guy would go away because he's making me look bad."

"lmao" is right.

To each their own, good sir! I’d rather spend that $$$ at home in the 50 states, territories and protectorates. Not a big flipper guy to begin with, more of a one off novelty and I wanted this blade to practice sharpening on.

I’m looking at them, $250 - 400 and I’m like: who’s buying this stuff!?
Me I guess. I bought a midtech that WE did most of the work on. Great knife, one of the best I've ever held.

Those knives aren't made for us. They're made to compete in the "I don't really care about knives, but I need one and I'm not paying more than $19.95" market.

Spyderco makes most of their stuff overseas, including things like the Spydiechef and all of their designer collaborations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back