2004 Midwes Khuk Khonvention sign up thread...

Cool...definitely want to see you there. Hope you can make it happen.

Just talked to my Bro-in-Law and he's interested in going
also if it's on the 3rd...
He checked my Khuk's out last week and has me lookin for a UBBB kagaskatne or a bilton for work now...hint hint ;)

I'll update the root thread with:
1.April 3rd date
2.Temperline etch demo

Roadrunner, should I add you to the confirmed attendees list? Sounds like you can make it. Cool!

WarrenR, should I mark you and your Bro in law down as confirmed?

I may also bring a good friend of mine, who also happens to be my tattooist and drummer. (I have these weird and talented friends, like Buckaroo Banzai or something...:))

If my math is right and all of the above are confirmed, that's 8 folks. Anybody else drag a friend in with the promise of khuks and comeraderie, and a shot at an M-43 and a rummage thru the blem box?

-------------
We also need to determine the raffle ticket price and rules. I like "one ticket per attendee" fer rules meself. Sorta flattens the playing field.

You guys are all making this sound like such a good time I went so far as to ask my Barbie just how far it is to Dayton. Regretfully it is too far unless we were going to go on to Pennsylvania and AFAIC April isn't the right time of the year to go on to PA. I freeze my arse off up there in July during the cold, to me, evenings.:(
When you're used to humid and 90* plus 24 hours a day it is cold when it gets to 65 degrees!!!!:rolleyes: :p :D ;)

Maybe one of these days a gathering can be scheduled for maybe Terre Haute(sp?) or even Indianapolis? Indy is about half way to where we go in PA and so wouldn't be but about a 12 hour road trip instead of a 20 hour journey.:D
I'm almost envious of y'all and I pray that all goes well and that an excellent and safe time is had by all!!!!:D :D :cool:

Yep. Indy is the Crossroads of America. I could host an Indy khon sometime, and I would certainly entertain a visit from you anytime you are passing through, Yvsa.

Keith

I would love to be there, if nothing else, to meet y'all. But, unfortunatly, The Navy Reserves has seen fit to send me to a quarry blaster school. School starts Mar 29, so I fly to CA. on the 28th, and get back home May 8th. I'm hoping to have access to the internet during this time. Have fun, and be safe.

Thanks for keeping up with the updates, Keith.

It's now officially the 3rd of April. Wahoo! (even closer/sooner....:D)

Ferrous, call me a probably. IF I can get the leave I'll be there. I'd say there's a 95% chance that they'll give it to me, but there are a lot of people moving around within my unit now so they may need me here. I'll know for sure next month.

Not to say that a little snow discourages me. I camp out all year 'round so I have the gear for being out in winter weather. However, you might want a "Plan B" in case it's 37f and raining. THAT sort of weather is a tad discouraging.

I agree about the weather thing. Not sure if an exact location is nailed down yet but later would be better for camping and stuff.

location is in or around Dayton, OH. Perhaps Nasty will chime in soon and let us know a typical forecast.

Originally posted by pendentive
location is in or around Dayton, OH. Perhaps Nasty will chime in soon and let us know a typical forecast.

He's out of town right??

I know Dayton. I meant more from the aspect of if we were going to be inside or outside or camping or what. At one point he mentioned a State Forest/Park. We'd need some sort of a big inside room right? Power tools? Outside for chopping pretty much for sure right??

I'm 4 to 5 hours East of Dayton. That time of year it can be snowing or sunny and in the 70's here.;)

My preference would be to meet indoors but have the tools outdoors - so we can be free to make a mess. :D

At the very least, a covered/protected pavillion.

To include Thomas Linton, WarrenR and WarrenR's Bro-in-law as confirmed, that's 7/10.

Mover Roadrunner to "possibly" list.

:cool: :cool:

Let's start hearing some requests on what I should ask for in my "box-o-blems"....

I have already put a ******** on the list...:eek:

(oops! can't reveal too much just yet...:D)

18" WWIIs, as many 12" AK's as Uncle Bill can round up, and a 25" Kobra. :) Maybe an 18th Century too.

Back