2009 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I recently upgraded to a basic Member of Bladeforums. Glad to be official now. I was wondering if the Buck 119 sheath was still available. Have a great day.

Back up and running. :thumbup:

Hope all your electronics are fine. Rest up :)

Yeah, everything's good. Good storms usually knock my connection out for a bit when they come. The worst part is that my road floods out and I get stuck on a mountain with no internet connection. :grumpy: Seems to have let up now.

Playing around a bit last night and came up with this. Any interest in gradients? I think it looks sweet, but I'm a child of the 80's. :)

Figured I'd get opinions and see if it's worth doing.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Can you do a center stripe gradient as well? In the case of the mora above, a red line down the middle that fades out to black on both sides. That would be pretty awesome too.

Can you do a center stripe gradient as well? In the case of the mora above, a red line down the middle that fades out to black on both sides. That would be pretty awesome too.

Should be able to. Just have to heat and bend the Kydex in the middle and dip that way. Forgot to mention the gradient is dyed, not airbrushed. :)

Pretty cool. I like gradients. How durable is the dye? Will it scratch off easily?

For the underlying color to show the Kydex itself has to be scratched. The dye is part of the Kydex once applied.

That looks really cool. What other colors can you do? A tan or brown gradient over an OD green sheath would be a cool camo looking effect.

That looks really cool. What other colors can you do? A tan or brown gradient over an OD green sheath would be a cool camo looking effect.

Any colors really. Have to start with a lighter color and dye the darker. That sheath is red Kydex, the black is dyed and ends up more of a really dark wine color. I can start with white and do any combination. Just have to go in order of darkness and take color mixing into account.

I've been meaning to make up some camo stuff, but haven't got around to it. May do some this weekend if I get time.

I was tricked by the pic. Thought it was a black sheath with red dye :) Camo would be cool though, and I like the fading in effect.

Digital camo Kiah! :D

I like the gradiant. Maybe if it was more subtle colors, like a faded green to brown. :thumbup:

I just got a two sheaths from Kiah in the mail. A neck sheath for a Spyderco Tasman Salt, and one for the Swick.

First thing I have to say, is I don't know what you did, but these things rock! Retention is solid and crisp. Perfectly tuned tension on these things. :thumbup: Everything is smooth and contoured, no sharp or rough edges.

I heard you got some new equipment, but the definition you got on this thick of kydex, it's really unbelievable without holding it in your hand.

[pictures to come!]

Been thinking about getting some new wheels. Would this be a modest ride? I don't wanna look flashy or anything. Do you think they'd trade even on my 88 GMC? It's only got like 310,000 miles on it. Basically new. :confused::cool:

lb_performance_lamborghini_murcielago_lp640_main630-1119-630x360.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back