2009 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about getting some new wheels. Would this be a modest ride? I don't wanna look flashy or anything. Do you think they'd trade even on my 88 GMC? It's only got like 310,000 miles on it. Basically new. :confused::cool:

lb_performance_lamborghini_murcielago_lp640_main630-1119-630x360.jpg

Does that 88 GMC come with box and papers?

The Lambo would only work if you could make a kydex snap cover. I'd recommend something a bit less flashy:

bugatti-veyron-164-t.jpg

i would like to get a mora 510 sheath in black and neck carry and wanted to know how much it would cost

Well look who's got the fancy logos and links!! Nice stuff.

I really like the color fades and schemes on that one.

Tried to reply to your form submissions, but keep getting failures. Guessing the addresses were mistyped. You can try again or email me at contact@customkydex.com

attachment.php

A little too red but the process is interesting.

Last edited:
Simulated leather. Bad lighting. Looks better than it shows up. Same sheath.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN1764.JPG
    DSCN1764.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 397
thats pretty cool. The uneven distribution of the black in the color gives it a grainy worn look. I like the leathery looking one.

Well, my modem took a dive a few days ago and I haven't had access to my email, so if your waiting on a reply I'll get back to you Tonight.

I'm getting the hang of the touchscreen on this phone now and am tethering to my desktop for email and ftp. So, I'm good till a new modem arrives.

No, it's back home. Saw it on youtube last week. :) . You can send one in for fitting though.

Cool. I may be doing that in the future here kind of soon. I have three that I'd like to get sheaths and I might as well send all of them in to make sure they each get a good tight fitting sheath. I'll drop you an email when I'm able to send them for address info.:)

Playing around with etching. A little uneven, but it was my first test. Logo is raised just a hair above the surface.

DSCN1855.JPG

What about "printing" onto the kydex? Get an ink jet printer and fill 'er up. :)

That'd be cool, but it'd be a mess with no boundries. A plotter with a felt feed might work, but mine won't take .093 sheet.

I've got it worked out to a point. Masking is still an issue. Built a railed planer last week that may solve this. Not sure. Will be testing this week.

By the way Josh. I just remembered I was supposed to send you some material. Will get it out in the morning. I'm scatterbrained.

That'd be cool, but it'd be a mess with no boundries. A plotter with a felt feed might work, but mine won't take .093 sheet.

I've got it worked out to a point. Masking is still an issue. Built a railed planer last week that may solve this. Not sure. Will be testing this week.

By the way Josh. I just remembered I was supposed to send you some material. Will get it out in the morning. I'm scatterbrained.

Thanks Kiah. :D

I'd love to see the ability to "print" with this dye. I've been using a Epson R1900 for photo printing, and I believe it will do straight through printing as well.

I think it'd rock to be able to take a full color image and transfer it to the kydex. :thumbup:

What would the odds be of coming up with some kind of kydex rig for a Vic Farmer (for example) that you could either attach a belt sheath too, or hook directly up to another fixed blade sheath? That would be rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back