2013 Rumor Thread

Real light sabers on sale all colors are available at target. On a more serious note, great things are coming

This thread is like kindergaten. Nobody is taking it seriously. Almost everybody is just posting what their dream spyderco would look like. So now the threadtitle is very misleading.

Just my 2 cents.

This thread is like kindergaten. Nobody is taking it seriously. Almost everybody is just posting what their dream spyderco would look like. So now the threadtitle is very misleading.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah I was very disappointed with where this thread went.

I'm dead serious about this suggestion; I'd love to see Spyderco make a production version of the custom Barong featured in Michael Janichs column in the latest edition of Tactical Knives magazine.
I already started a thread to this end but, despite someone else posting a photo which should have gotten people excited, there wasn't much of a response. I don't get it, because as Janich says, it really looks like a survival knife for the end of the world . Come on Spyderco don't let Cold Steel beat you to the punch. [ although I'm that rarity on this sub-forum ; I like both companies so I'll happily buy either companies Barong.]

Yes... I'm ready for more Barong folders period. A blade like that should always be in production. Let's CQI the ricasso while we're at it, sprint model is fine but CQI would be ideal!

Yeah well it got out of hand and off topic by like the second or third reply (very early, not singling anyone out, didnt even check) and everyone just rolled with it. I'm not part of the "in the know" crowd and I suspect many others aren't either so we hope to at least push our own Spyderco agenda knowing sal and company are reading and value our opinion.

*Raises hand*..."Guilty"

Yes... I'm ready for more Barong folders period. A blade like that should always be in production. Let's CQI the ricasso while we're at it, sprint model is fine but CQI would be ideal!

I should point out that Michael Janich's Barong I'm referring to is NOT a folder! It's a massive fixed blade! If Spyderco were to put it into production it would be considerably bigger than the biggest knife they've ever offered [ to my knowledge at least] which is the Forester. I have the Forester and really like it although it seems that not that many people did. Of course admittedly, it does have a boring name. Maybe they should have called it the Woods Warrior.
That reminds me; where is the Pygmy Warrior?!

I should point out that Michael Janich's Barong I'm referring to is NOT a folder! It's a massive fixed blade!

Oh right, the one that he was asked if he had one knife etc etc. I'm all for it, being Filipino myself it is nice to see that people appreciate our contributions. We are blade crazy, Bolos, Machetes/Itaks, Barongs, Kalis born from necessity.

Someone should start a new thread with more clear instructions as to the purpose of the thread. :thumbup:

I'm not sure if you guys already know but there is a sprint yojimbo 2 and Manix 2 xl in Carbon fiber and s90v in the works. A certain site says there are expected in the third quarter of 2013

Police FRN with full skeleton liners, a 4 way clip, and a glass breaker on the butt.

from seki city:

not sure what they're going to call it; army, defense, ranger, peacekeeper, etc. blade shape, thickness and hole diameter, as well as the size and shape of the g-10 handle, all mimic the military. the only difference is a spine lock. available in both vg-10 and solid zdp 189.

from seki city:

not sure what they're going to call it; army, defense, ranger, peacekeeper, etc. blade shape, thickness and hole diameter, as well as the size and shape of the g-10 handle, all mimic the military. the only difference is a spine lock. available in both vg-10 and solid zdp 189.

Is this for real? Or a bad joke?

On the other forum( the Spyderco one) the purpose was that the everyday visitor or member finds out directly from Sal himself what new models are coming out , but this thread as it is right now seems pointless to me....

I can't believe no one has mentioned a Chad Nichols Damascus version of the Paramilitary 2 with CF. This would be a big time collectors piece. I hope you are listening Sal.

Dan

The Spyderco Dragon is coming soon. This is the full-size version of the Dragonfly, with a five inch handle and a four inch blade. It will have a compression lock and G10 scales with a XHP steel blade. While it is rumored to be released in 2013 we may not see it until 2015 or later, which would most likely lead to a change in blade steel.

Back