1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2018 #82 Dixie Stockman and Possum Skinner Run

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Buzzbait, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Camillus

Camillus Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 3, 2015
    tmd_87, TheChunk91, Kiteman72 and 2 others like this.
  2. Jiki

Jiki Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 12, 2018
    I agree with your take. I was not going to even buy this model till I read this thread. Now I have both a Dixie and a Possum and could not be happier.

Will Power likes this.
  3. Pr3inar

Pr3inar

Oct 17, 2015
    Hadn’t even heard of «82» or «Dixie» before this thread, but no regrets :)

4. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Question for those of you who have the 82 Stockman. Is Blade rub common with this pattern? Mine just showed up yesterday, and the first time opening I have blade rub between the secondary drop point and warncliff blades. I know blade rub is a common occurrence with most stockman patterns, but I expected more out of this GEC. I’m considering returning it and re-ordering another, but I won’t bother if this is a common occurrence with this run. I have the north field elderberry version if that makes a difference....

5. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    IMG_20190603_200646.jpg

Pr3inar, knowtracks, Travman and 5 others like this.
  6. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Lots of people say theirs don't, but both of mine from the first and most recent runs have had a twinge of blade rub.

JOELSM likes this.
  7. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Thanks for the response. I’ve considered returning mine, but at this point I think I’ll just turn it into a user. The fit is a disappointment.....I have a AGR stockman and a Old Timer with better fit, but the GEC has a (much) nicer finish.

8. L.H.S

L.H.S Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Is it the AG Russell Serpentine Stockman?

9. JOELSM

JOELSM

Aug 30, 2007
    Yes it is. Both the AGR and Old Timer have the standard blades and configuration. The GEC blades are packed tighter and lower. I suspect the GEC construction lends itself to be more prone to blade rub.