2018 Gaucho Group Buy Chat

With all the handle talk, I am going to throw my two cents at a high grind on at least one of those AEB-L’s in commando g10. :D

^+1 on the high grind!

+2 because, why not?? :)

The senior members of the tribe have spoken. High grinds rock on kitchen type knives. Plus, it makes the stainless AEB-L look more custom or handmade without the boring mill finished flats showing.

My personal preference is: High grind + slightly thicker handle = Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! :thumbsup:

Phil

Last edited:
With all the handle talk, I am going to throw my two cents at a high grind on at least one of those AEB-L’s in commando g10. :D

+4 on g10 high grind. My wife has smaller hands and find average to thinner scales to be more nimble and efficient. But I’m sure whatever the shop makes.... will be awesome.

The senior members of the tribe have spoken. High grinds rock on kitchen type knives. Plus, it makes the stainless AEB-L look more custom or handmade without the boring mill finished flats showing.

High grind + slightly thicker handle = Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! :thumbsup:

Phil
Hi Phil!

:thumbsup:
Except I'm not all that sure about a thicker handle. I don't like a "broomsticky" feel or getting lost on the broomstick as to which way the blade is oriented. I like my handles where you can feel some of the pinch grip area to them.

And on the handles, I think we'll be ok if they just keep on doing what is normally done.

+4 on g10 high grind. My wife has smaller hands and find average to thinner scales to be more nimble and efficient. But I’m sure whatever the shop makes.... will be awesome.

Hi Phil!

:thumbsup:
Except I'm not all that sure about a thicker handle. I don't like a "broomsticky" feel or getting lost on the broomstick as to which way the blade is oriented. I like my handles where you can feel some of the pinch grip area to them.

And on the handles, I think we'll be ok if they just keep on doing what is normally done.

My intent with the post above was to say that we seem to have a consensus so far on the high blade grind (at least on the AEB-L group.)

I should have been clearer on the 2nd part that it is my personal preference (i.e. “not a concensus”) for a slightly thicker handle. I edited my post above to clarify that.

Thanks for the comments guys. ;)

Phil

My intent with the post above was to say that we seem to have a consensus so far on the high blade grind (at least on the AEB-L group.)

I should have been clearer on the 2nd part that it is my personal preference (i.e. “not a concensus”) for a slightly thicker handle. I edited my post above to clarify that.

Thanks for the comments guys. ;)

Phil
I know what you meant with the consensus and appreciate that.

When it comes to handles and to taper types the preferences are just all over the place. I also didn't mean to dismiss anyone's preferences for wider handles and my comment about doing their standard really means that it would be an overall happy medium.

making some progress

2v2JiBYJ5xurAoi.jpg

2v2JiBYbdxurAoi.jpg

I want mine to be very slicey! If that means High grind, please do so, if it's not to late to order that. ;) I plan on using this in the kitchen and around camp, or as a belt knife. Slicey is good!

Really interesting. Why the different skeletonization holes? And why does the 4th one have an extra pin hole?
Exactly my thoughts too. :)

VANCE VANCE Not everyone will get this; Although the A Hole could be used in this group buy, it is alas no longer needed. hahahaha

Back