Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

No, I think Cherry is the only one, that looks OK but I'd prefer (Micarta but that cat won't jump :() Smooth Bone, then wood. Jigged Bone in some exceptional type like Horsecut would be ok too but not some Tractor Tyre Tread style:D

I think one of the 78 offerings had a checkered bone cover or at least it looks checkered. If they did a checkered ebony I'd pay twice as much! Here is the 78 I mentioned. I owned this one at one time. Pic borrowed from TKC online.

View attachment 1084934

GEC called that one "Golden Brown Jigged Bone," but I can see the what you're saying, it's similar to checkering. (Though if they wanted to sell that one as "checkered," they'd have to call it something like "Rustic Checkered Bone," which sounds nicer than "Sloppy Checkered Bone.") :D

I think they checkered wood on the filet knives. Or maybe it was Micarta?

You're right, they did to some checkering on those. They were Micarta.

We will not be offered Scratted bone or wood...not even if it were scratted by the
peg leg of Gregory Peck himself as worn aboard the Peqoud in Moby Dick....and a golden doubloon to him who spies the scales of the great beast first.
Now pull for yer lives! lest we flounder on to the rocks of indecision in the fog bank off the Isle of Poll.

there is nothing yet to say scratted is out.....

it is a super classy treatment of bone......

it would win any poll by a landslide.

scratted bone is the Cheryl Tiegs of whatever we were talking about

I agree ...I like it too....but I dont believe its on offer...from what Ive just read...in the scale poll...
Just out of interest...Where does Kate Jackson fit in to your
Knife scales /Hollywood beauties lineup?
:D:thumbsup:

I think we need a poll to decide which cougar should claw the bone..
Kate
Cheryl
Farrah
and I dont want to hear anything about those new fangled non traditional cougars either...Lucy Liu...Cameron thingamy and whatserface?..
wannabes.

Kate
Cheryl
Farrah
and I dont want to hear anything about those new fangled non traditional cougars either...Lucy Liu...Cameron thingamy and whatserface?..
wannabes.

Which one do I want to claw my bone? :eek: I sure hope that you're not using "claw" in the literal sense ... ;)

meako meako Kate Jackson was always the least sexy of Charlies Angels, but she was practical and smart.... so Kate is likely a GEC 15 with long pull, micarta covers, and spear point blade. Sorry Kate.

Some like it Wood
Some like it Bone
Some like it plastic but none to take home

I like bone randomly chopped no pattern at all
Sheepsfoot blade we’ll have a ball
Jigging here Jigging there Jigging every where
Random jigging the way to go
Jigged Bone randomly chopped!
Hurrah Hurrah

Kate
Cheryl
Farrah
wannabes.

You should think CLEARLY before posting, mate!

It has got to be Raquel Welch from One Million Years BC :cool::thumbsup::D I believe there are Sabre Toothed Tigers in that film as well as high temperature Cougars:cool:;)

Please forgive me.Of course Raquel gets a start although strictly squeaking she is not a Charlies Angel...but wait....Cheryl Tiegs was mentioned but I believe Cheryl Ladd was the CA.....and obviously if Im going to derail this thread completely we need to consider Raquels opponent in 1 million yrs BC ...the delightful Martine Beswick....she would be my choice of cougar for any scratting,jigging and clawing needed.:thumbsup:

Kate
Cheryl
Farrah
wannabes.
Cheryl.
Ladd

Back