Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

I found reading the comments and debate very interesting and informative of how others think and their preferences (for example, widespread dislike for the standard GEC shields). Because so many people were passionate and vocal, you got a really informative narrative on those preferences. I also learned some new stuff.

This type of market research is highly valuable to companies.

When GEC starts producing Jobillo with federal shield as the standard option on all of its runs, instead of micarta and hotdog shield, I will look back on this thread and be grateful

:D:D

Levi's Carpenter Pants with a Buck 110 in the fifth pocket.

iJZVLaK.jpg

Agreed. And now for some radical counter-culture thinking...

What JohnDF said is self-evident truths that are strong arguments in favor of conducting future BF Trad Annual Forum Knife polls so that the future polls have running vote tallies that aren't visible to anybody other than those who are running the show--until after the poll has been closed --and so the voting threads won’t accept participant posts. Let the selection process be clean, pure and without all the histrionic, daytime TV soap opera quality, self-obsessed ranting and let all the histrionics go on (and on and on and on) in other threads.

Give the guys running the show a break and stop making them listen to all the incessant sobbing and wailing. There could be one thread in favor of every voting option, which would be open to everybody who wanted to say anything--pro or con. TPTB could ignore all those threads and just manage the poll threads and the ordering process.

Think about it. 100x the drama and 1/100 of the stress on TPTB. A pure win/win all the way around.

These are interesting ideas. The secret ballot is possible. I'm not certain the software will allow voting without allowing posting. But, that's an interesting idea and we'll look into it for next year should there be a next year.

I found reading the comments and debate very interesting and informative of how others think and their preferences (for example, widespread dislike for the standard GEC shields). Because so many people were passionate and vocal, you got a really informative narrative on those preferences. I also learned some new stuff.

This type of market research is highly valuable to companies.

When GEC starts producing Jobillo with federal shield as the standard option on all of its runs, instead of micarta and hotdog shield, I will look back on this thread and be grateful

:D:D

Too bad folks are asking to change the process. I think the comments are what lead to a well rounded final product. Looking at the 10 years of forum knives had turned out some nice knives - with the exception of the micarta TC.

Next year’s knife will be a fixed blade bird and trout with a knice leather convertible neck sheath. ;) :D (~);-}
Did you just start more voting for 2020 Ted? At the pace this knife went, we can have at least 6 more knives by the end of the year :D The convo hadn't really seriously started last year until after April o_O Going to be an empty feeling the rest of the year, 8+ months of forum knife building withdrawals. :oops:

Did you just start more voting for 2020 Ted? At the pace this knife went, we can have at least 6 more knives by the end of the year :D The convo hadn't really seriously started last year until after April o_O Going to be an empty feeling the rest of the year, 8+ months of forum knife building withdrawals. :oops:

Frankly, I'm glad it's pretty much done and over with... The Porch really drags me down when Forum Knife discussions are active.

Back