Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

Agreed. And now for some radical counter-culture thinking...

What JohnDF said is self-evident truths that are strong arguments in favor of conducting future BF Trad Annual Forum Knife polls so that the future polls have running vote tallies that aren't visible to anybody other than those who are running the show--until after the poll has been closed --and so the voting threads won’t accept participant posts. Let the selection process be clean, pure and without all the histrionic, daytime TV soap opera quality, self-obsessed ranting and let all the histrionics go on (and on and on and on) in other threads.

Give the guys running the show a break and stop making them listen to all the incessant sobbing and wailing. There could be one thread in favor of every voting option, which would be open to everybody who wanted to say anything--pro or con. TPTB could ignore all those threads and just manage the poll threads and the ordering process.

Think about it. 100x the drama and 1/100 of the stress on TPTB. A pure win/win all the way around.

Possibly, but neither of those are actually options that I can see. Thus, it would take some developing or force the process off-site.

I already have my 2019 Forum knife pants.:D

kvy6pMD.jpg
If y’all usually don’t wear pants like this all the time, do you wear skinny jeans or yoga pants?

Agreed. And now for some radical counter-culture thinking...

What JohnDF said is self-evident truths that are strong arguments in favor of conducting future BF Trad Annual Forum Knife polls so that the future polls have running vote tallies that aren't visible to anybody other than those who are running the show--until after the poll has been closed --and so the voting threads won’t accept participant posts. Let the selection process be clean, pure and without all the histrionic, daytime TV soap opera quality, self-obsessed ranting and let all the histrionics go on (and on and on and on) in other threads.

Give the guys running the show a break and stop making them listen to all the incessant sobbing and wailing. There could be one thread in favor of every voting option, which would be open to everybody who wanted to say anything--pro or con. TPTB could ignore all those threads and just manage the poll threads and the ordering process.

Think about it. 100x the drama and 1/100 of the stress on TPTB. A pure win/win all the way around.

The only response I can make to all that is "Wet Blanket"

Possibly, but neither of those are actually options that I can see. Thus, it would take some developing or force the process off-site.
Oh, well... At least I understand and appreciate what you’ve subjected yourself to and I empathize with your position, even if some others are pouting because they didn’t get their way. The amount of time you’ve put in on this project will hopefully be deducted from the amount of time you’re destined to spend in Purgatory (if you believe in Purgatory and it actually happens).

In the meantime, I look forward to ordering the (allowed maximum of) two knives I’m allowed to order--despite the fact that only one of the polls went the way I voted (a big HAAH! on me on that one).

The only response I can make to all that is "Wet Blanket"
You’re correct, but what’s your point? Beyond that, it’s interesting that you didn’t say that I was wrong.

Just FYI here is the size coinpocket we use i scandinavia. This is a Salt 2(same as Delica 4). I guess you see what I mean now. Coin pockets are ment for coins!! :D

rsTeEvy.jpg

Well, I just glad that want is more important than need. A well made wood handled sheepsfoot folder fits just right in my watch pocket. ;)

In the meantime, I look forward to ordering the (allowed maximum of) two knives I’m allowed to order--

Don't hurt yourself, patting yourself, on your back.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of your two knives, when we all get ours, and we all will be parading them out for all to see.

ArFom6I.jpg

tS2q7b7.jpg

I purchased this cheap knife online recently just to test the design. It’s a beast! At 4 1/4” its larger than the GEC will be, but it is well balanced and has the awesome ‘find me something to cut’ feel that knives with good ergonomics give when you have them in hand. The pinchable blade and hard snap are an awesome combo.

I don’t profess to know much about grinds, this one has a sabre grind (hollow ground) but then has a pronounced secondary bevel (?) at the edge. I don’t think knives are meant to have three grind styles on the blade :confused:

Call me crazy, but as I mentioned in another thread, voting ala March Madness bracket style might be useful.
There were 8 wood choices iirc, so you do a few down and dirty 48 hour polls.
First poll is 4 possible votes, one each in 4 categories, with similar woods bracketed head to head (ebony vs AB etc) and gradually reducing down to the winner.
Sounds like fun to me...

Call me crazy, but as I mentioned in another thread, voting ala March Madness bracket style might be useful.
There were 8 wood choices iirc, so you do a few down and dirty 48 hour polls.
First poll is 4 possible votes, one each in 4 categories, with similar woods bracketed head to head (ebony vs AB etc) and gradually reducing down to the winner.
Sounds like fun to me...
I think that's what we did last year...I think.

Bill told me that he is very hesitant about this new wondrous creation, solely because of the stock. He said it will be the first time he has used the water-jet on 1/2" stock..... But he said it is good practice for a run of axes he is designing.

WXA7QJc.jpg

Being an owner of several pair of big ass pants, (I use them to cover my big ass :D) I can just send you some of mine.:thumbsup:

As my jeans get larger, the back pockets get smaller...ever notice that? :p

aIUJ3Jm.jpg

4 1/8" Whalers with flat ground blades. Nice sized knives.

With Bail
jsg2ijy.jpg

Without Bail
XvV4q4q.jpg

Our forum knives will be just as nice.

Yes ED, but those Case Whalers are pretty darn nice too! :D

- Del

Back