Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

Through the extensive unpaid work of two different dealers working with their suppliers, BF was able to offer three different options this year. This is the one that was chosen by majority vote.

There is nothing in the BF terms and conditions agreement that says that the forum knife has to be what you want each year. Neither is there anything that says you are required to buy the knife each year. If you do not like what is offered, do not buy it. Problem solved.

Thank you, FF5. Well put.

There is nothing in the T&C about forum knives either Frank.;);):)

And I actually do like the knife and plan on buying one if the stars align when the emails come for payment.
If the timing is not optimal I will try to get one off the exchange at a later date like was the case last year.

What had me riled up was the first pics you posted in the first poll of the 86s from GEC with the big beautiful clip mains and I just wanted to know why it was switched to the sheepfoot for the forum knife when I thought we should have been afforded the opportunity to vote on it like I coulda sworn we had in the past.
But, going back and reading what I could find of the past years polls, (like I should have in the beginning) I see I was very wrong.:oops:

Sooo, with that said....

I humbly offer my sincerest apologies and thank you to Mike Latham knifeswapper knifeswapper , Bill Howard, you Frank and the rest of the community I pissed off with my ignorant ranting.
I blame it on the meds I take for nerve pain. It makes me stupid sometimes and I tend to get passionate about these Forum knives when they are in a pattern I actually like. Which isn't often.

I hope a little bickering, ignorance and thick headedness that's bound to arise when such an ever expanding, diverse and passionate about their hobby group of people get together to vote on the forum knife, doesn't dissuade Mike, Stephen or whoever has the means from helping us with future forum knives...

My apologies folks.
Myke

Yes, yes they do. But I can’t buy every darn knife I buy based on slicing ability? In that case I would be unlikely to own anything other than an Opinel 6. There are a boat load of flat ground, sheepfoot bladed GEC out there now up for grabs. I have a few of them. How many sheepfoot slicers do I need? If you don’t like the knife as designed, don’t buy it. And we definitely don’t need to hear your opinions of how awful it may be. Sour grapes IMO make very poor wine...

Wow, was I really being so negative by criticizing the saber grind? Am I not allowed an opinion on the 2019 BF knife, even after distributing past models for four years running? Sheesh, tough crowd.

Wow, was I really being so negative by criticizing the saber grind? Am I not allowed an opinion on the 2019 BF knife, even after distributing past models for four years running? Sheesh, tough crowd.
Don't stress it Barry, this process seems to bring out the best and worst in people. Some of the members feel entitled to get the exact knife they want, while others (like myself) get grumpy with all the entitled people whining about every detail. When things turned environmental/political, I was done and had to give myself a time out. :D

Your comment may have caught him off guard specifically because you have been so involved in the past and realize that negative comments after the fact are, in the least, divisive. I know you are a stand-up guy and just trying to be inclusive; but I think some are still a bit unsure of your intentions after the notice posted in the Buck forum on the original poll. I personally want to thank you for all your past work. And, yes, very tough crowd, of which you and I are a perfect fit...

Don't stress it Barry, this process seems to bring out the best and worst in people. Some of the members feel entitled to get the exact knife they want, while others (like myself) get grumpy with all the entitled people whining about every detail. When things turned environmental/political, I was done and had to give myself a time out. :D

Yeah, I didn't like the political BS or the environmental BS either.

I'm just sitting here waiting for the price quote for the Forum Knife so that I can complain about that:rolleyes::eek: if it's over $100.00.

I'm just sitting here waiting for the price quote for the Forum Knife so that I can complain about that:rolleyes::eek: if it's over $100.00.

:eek::rolleyes: are great emoji's for such irony even as you start the subliminal messages about pricing :D

If it comes in a bit over $100, I will cover your part to get it down to $99.99 - it is a good investment in my sanity (as it is).

:eek::rolleyes: are great emoji's for such irony even as you start the subliminal messages about pricing :D

If it comes in a bit over $100, I will cover your part to get it down to $99.99 - it is a good investment in my sanity (as it is).
You can always count on Ed to stir the pot!

knifeswapper knifeswapper - I know there was a lot of discussion about the blade (that's an understatement) but don't recall much talk about the blade stock. Do you have an idea of how wide/thick the blade will be at the spine of the blade - 1/8" , 3/16" , 1/4" ?

knifeswapper knifeswapper - I know there was a lot of discussion about the blade (that's an understatement) but don't recall much talk about the blade stock. Do you have an idea of how wide/thick the blade will be at the spine of the blade - 1/8" , 3/16" , 1/4" ?

more importantly, is it going to be a crowned spine? :D

Back