Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

This will be my first forum knife. What is the preorder process? If I missed that post, would someone please point me in the right direction? Again, thanks to Mike for all of his time and hard work!
You didn't miss it. See Gary's comment in post #584 in this thread.

Last edited:
I missed the end of the wood poll yesterday dang it. Congrats to all the AB boys :thumbsup:
It's going to be a great looking knife. I really thought che chen was going to make a late run....

Please excuse my ignorance, this will be my first year ordering. I’ve found out that I meet the criteria to preorder, but have no idea where or how? Will there be a thread or has that info already been put out somewhere? Thanks guys and thanks again to Mike, the mods and Darren for all the work! knifeswapper knifeswapper @waverave @knarfeng

Please excuse my ignorance, this will be my first year ordering. I’ve found out that I meet the criteria to preorder, but have no idea where or how? Will there be a thread or has that info already been put out somewhere? Thanks guys and thanks again to Mike, the mods and Darren for all the work! knifeswapper knifeswapper @waverave @knarfeng
There will be a thread posted in the next day or so that will explain the ordering process. Stay tuned!

Many thanks - that's about it !!

2019_bf_final-jpg.1091718

Now that's a beauty of a knife. So classic looking. I was fortunate, and my vision survived nearly all of the polls, other than the shield and match strike pull. But the bomb is so good, that change is of no consequence whatsoever. And I can live with the match strike, even if it looks a little odd next to the single lined bolster.

This is going to be a great forum knife.

Now that's a beauty of a knife. So classic looking. I was fortunate, and my vision survived nearly all of the polls, other than the shield and match strike pull. But the bomb is so good, that change is of no consequence whatsoever. And I can live with the match strike, even if it looks a little odd next to the single lined bolster.

This is going to be a great forum knife.
'Bout what I was thinking. Don't care for the match strike pull either, but definitely not a deal breaker. I'll get used to it! Awesome looking knife

I'm not hot about saber grinds, but hey that is what will make this #86 unique for us. The blackwood, however, kinda removes the element of surpise out of the anticipation of receiving and unboxing. Probably very welcome to those who don't like anxiety of being stuck with unattractive strag. However, were the wood covers to be ironwood, the biggest fear may be receiving one with very dark, solid iron wood..... which, ironically (ey!?), could be mistaken for african blackwood.

The race to post the first photograph of the received-in-hand knife will be high stakes, because almost every other photo of the 2019 forum knife will look the same, even moreso than the canvas micarta #15 two years ago.

Of course i'm going to buy one. :p

Speaking of great ideas that go horribly wrong... who's idea was it to end the wood poll yesterday (yes, I know I said wood poll... huh huh)? Sure it was open far too long, everyone was antsy, nerves were shot, and comments were getting rather salty... but now I'm bored! :D

Yeah. Me too. :oops:

The race to post the first photograph of the received-in-hand knife will be high stakes, because almost every other photo of the 2019 forum knife will look the same, even moreso than the canvas micarta #15 two years ago.

I live 20 miles from the factory. Maybe I'll skip delivery through the mail, and just drive over to pick mine up!

Back