Important Info! 2019 Forum Knife : Poll Schedule / Content

I live 20 miles from the factory. Maybe I'll skip delivery through the mail, and just drive over to pick mine up!

If it's along your way, stop in and ask Bill to EO notch the entire 86 run and give us the 2 lined bolster back please :)

I already have my meako decoder ring on order...they are in short supply so get yours soon:D:p:D

No worries...ive got a container load on route from China....they were fairly cheap and work just as well as the google subtitles on the Graham Norton or Jimmy Fallon clips on youtube...biplane No vacuum chalks plentitude of diary produce.

No worries...ive got a container load on route from China....they were fairly cheap and work just as well as the google subtitles on the Graham Norton or Jimmy Fallon clips on youtube...biplane No vacuum chalks plentitude of diary produce.
Will you ship those out with trial size containers of Vegemite? I'm a big Marmite fan. Wanted to compare and contrast.

it would be extra nice if there was a small paper explaining this knife, 10 years of bladeforum knives, this forum, etc. like was done last yesr with the "porch" paper insert.
It wasn't disclosed who put those together last year and I want to make sure we have something lined up for this year. If anyone knows anything about an effort already underway please make that public info. Otherwise, maybe throw some ideas my way and I'll help with it. I really like the graphic from last year's and it was a nice touch to the whole package.

I already have my meako decoder ring on order...they are in short supply so get yours soon:D:p:D
If your narrative is published on the back of the BF Knife's tube, one should be include with the knife.:thumbsup::cool:

It’s a shame too, because many more people are grateful and humbled by the charity that’s required to make the forum knife a reality. None of it is deserved no matter how many years it’s been happening. Blessings upon those who have kept it going and are keeping it going still

Many thanks - that's about it
The thanks is to you. To you Mike first and foremost (and I did pray for you :)) and to Gary and Frank. Thank you Darren. Thank you Bill Howard.

I thought it went very well. There will always be a few knuckleheads. But as a group the porch folk are the best in my book.

Last edited:
I can't help but feel that if Mr. Howard were more forthcoming as to his reasoning for his restrictions on our forum knife instead of leaving it up to speculation, there would be a lot less criticism.

And just where exactly was that ever stated to be an obligation of the manufacturer of a Forum knife? Dumb arse attitudes like this will be the death of future Forum knives. You can wish for whatever the heck you want, piss off people that can supply it? You get nothing. This Forum has absolutely no power to express its will over manufacturers to supply an annual knife. It is a blessing that they even choose to partake in this endeavor with all the childish banter that ensues. Lordy, just how selfish people choose to be when the object of desire is a simple knife? How the H*** do you act whensomething in life really matters?

If your narrative is published on the back of the BF Knife's tube, one should be include with the knife.:thumbsup::cool:

I bought last years knife of the secondary market, and never saw the insert you are talking about. Can someone PM me a picture or text of the writing.

Personally, I do not care for sabre grind knives. As others have stated, flat ground blades just cut and slice BETTER. That said, I will likely buy a forum knife anyway, but this may be the last.

Yes, yes they do. But I can’t buy every darn knife I buy based on slicing ability? In that case I would be unlikely to own anything other than an Opinel 6. There are a boat load of flat ground, sheepfoot bladed GEC out there now up for grabs. I have a few of them. How many sheepfoot slicers do I need? If you don’t like the knife as designed, don’t buy it. And we definitely don’t need to hear your opinions of how awful it may be. Sour grapes IMO make very poor wine...

Through the extensive unpaid work of two different dealers working with their suppliers, BF was able to offer three different options this year. This is the one that was chosen by majority vote.

There is nothing in the BF terms and conditions agreement that says that the forum knife has to be what you want each year. Neither is there anything that says you are required to buy the knife each year. If you do not like what is offered, do not buy it. Problem solved.

You're thinking about it wrong. We are a group seeking a company to do a special small run of knives at a limited price point with a specific delivery deadline. We are not "entitled" to anything, we can merely ask businesses if they will take the job and if so under what terms. They provide the terms, including hard and soft parameters, in response to our request. They are under no obligation to read and respond to each one of the hundreds and hundreds of posts about the knife. If you find that unsatisfactory, go ahead and order your own SFO run to your specs, or buy a custom. But expecting a business to dote on all the posting members of this subforum, over a run of maybe 300 knives, just displays a misunderstanding of how a business is run.

Thank you, FF5. Well put.

Nice knife, love the sheep foot blade.

But the moment someone decided it was to be longer than 3,5" closed I was out..

Good luck freefloating this thing unless you wear XXL pants.

Back