Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think we should have voted for Whenge wood.....:D:thumbsup:

And then what?
Toss it? Feed it to the dog? Use it for catfish bait?:D
Rat poison or yummy treats for halloween 2020...

Who is carving the Turkey?
o8OXNxg.jpg

That is disgusting!....but just out of interest ..is there a hole for the stuffing?

My Lords! Ladies and Gentlemen!
May I propose a competition to celebrate what can only be described as an entirely new art form ? The Art of Sparving...(spam carving)...the most nauseating Spulpture (spam sculpture) or Spatue (spam statue) to be judged by a panel of Sporcheteers..(spam porcheteers)..

I've got my "Can of Spam" ready!!:D Can't wait to get slicing!!:rolleyes::) or was it cutting or maybe dicing. No matter, It'll be nice to get it.

I think we were going to compete to see who can cut the thinnest slices of Spam. ;)

I hope these knives start showing up soon, otherwise I’m gonna have to buy one of these.

183287764960432p

And then what?
Toss it? Feed it to the dog? Use it for catfish bait?:D

Oh come on, now you’re just being insulting…

…to dogs and catfish. ;)

Been reading Patrick O’Brian’s Capt. Aubrey series since we started this process. It’s pretty fantastic, if you’re looking for something to scratch your nautical itch till this knife comes in, pick it up or check out the movie Master and Commander. Till then, quick’s the word and sharp’s the action.

It's going to be interesting to see how reactions are to that big Sabre Sheepfoot when it's finished and out of the tube, difficult to predict.

Personally im a little worried about how the brass pins with nickel bolster will clash. Ive seen it on other knives but more commonly I see silver/silver. Hope we didnt make a mistake there. Somebody help calm my nerves with some explanation why this is normal and will look good!
It's going to be interesting to see how reactions are to that big Sabre Sheepfoot when it's finished and out of the tube, difficult to predict.

Been reading Patrick O’Brian’s Capt. Aubrey series since we started this process. It’s pretty fantastic, if you’re looking for something to scratch your nautical itch till this knife comes in, pick it up or check out the movie Master and Commander. Till then, quick’s the word and sharp’s the action.
I love all of those books and the movies, too. Two Years Before the Mast is a really good book as well. Now I'm going to go to the GEC website and look at those piles of blades and wood again for the 20th time or so. Anticipation....

Personally im a little worried about how the brass pins with nickel bolster will clash. Ive seen it on other knives but more commonly I see silver/silver. Hope we didnt make a mistake there. Somebody help calm my nerves with some explanation why this is normal and will look good!
I don't know if you mean the brass cover pins clashing with the nickel bolster, but I'm sure the bolster pin will be silver/silver. I've never seen GEC use brass to pin a nickel bolster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back