Attention 2019 Forum knife question thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until all 2019 purchases are accounted for, neither Gary nor I are going to even give a passing thought to any 2020 knife. There is a large amount of pre-work that must be accomplished back stage before any serious threads are started about any 2020 knife effort.

Are you saying all the 2019 knives haven't been paid for? That's crazy! I'd be willing to help out if there still some around that need dealt with :) I am truly sorry that you guys have had such a rough time with this years knife. It is quite hard to imagine as the knife is an absolute work of art, IMO, and the secondary market is going crazy for them. I've seen some pretty high end stuff get offered up as fodder.

Are you saying all the 2019 knives haven't been paid for? That's crazy! I'd be willing to help out if there still some around that need dealt with :) I am truly sorry that you guys have had such a rough time with this years knife. It is quite hard to imagine as the knife is an absolute work of art, IMO, and the secondary market is going crazy for them. I've seen some pretty high end stuff get offered up as fodder.
They're all paid for. We're just holding things open to make sure everyone received them.

I think he means not all the international orders have been received yet by the buyers, due to customs taking so long.

Someone just posted one on eBay with a buy it now price of $499! Is this guy serious?

...I saw that, too. What a parasite. He often has some knives FS but mostly high end, unused briar pipes. He has a LOT of them to sell.

I ended up with a forum knife at original cost through the good will of two forum members. Seeing that auction reminded me that sometimes (thankfully, less frequently) you see the polar opposite of a display of goodwill. I sincerely hope he's not a forum member and/or a troller in the FS section.

Last edited:
tmd_87 tmd_87
Lol yeah the mayo before the pencil ;)
I love using mine,its one of a handful of knives I consider my "lifetime" knives. Knives I wouldn't part with as long as I'm alive,knives that were either passed to me from family and knives that are gifts from people. This is my first forum knife and as the porch and its community has come to mean a great deal to me. Whether or not any of the votes went in someone's favor doesn't matter,that everyone had a hand in it means quite a bit to me. If there is a 2020 knife I know it wont quite mean as much to me as this one does:thumbsup: Besides I done wrecked its value, I sharpened it, used it,its got a good patina going and swirls on the bolsters and shield. Might as well just keep using the crap outta it :p:thumbsup:

tmd_87 tmd_87
Lol yeah the mayo before the pencil ;)
I love using mine,its one of a handful of knives I consider my "lifetime" knives. Knives I wouldn't part with as long as I'm alive,knives that were either passed to me from family and knives that are gifts from people. This is my first forum knife and as the porch and its community has come to mean a great deal to me. Whether or not any of the votes went in someone's favor doesn't matter,that everyone had a hand in it means quite a bit to me. If there is a 2020 knife I know it wont quite mean as much to me as this one does:thumbsup: Besides I done wrecked its value, I sharpened it, used it,its got a good patina going and swirls on the bolsters and shield. Might as well just keep using the crap outta it :p:thumbsup:
Mine too David, a true user that is. I like it so much I just washed it Saturday:eek: unintentionally, but the early clank in the dryer was my cue;) blew it dry via my air compressor, a drop of rem oil and very very snappy:thumbsup: Quite a few swirls, scuffs from the porcelain washer tub, but just screams character:D

The one on the bay for $499 sold. And since then, two more popped up at over $450, and another one at auction.

The one on the bay for $499 sold. And since then, two more popped up at over $450, and another one at auction.
I know we aren't supposed to discuss "flipping" on this forum, but I hope in the future we can find a way to get rid of this ugly part of our forum knife process. Perhaps staying away from GEC produced knives in the future is the best option.

I think the best option is to let the dealers put a nice markup on the knives from the start, and give Spark a % too. Maybe advertise them on FB, etc., so everyone who wants one can get one at the original price, thus eliminating the after market.

I think the best option is to let the dealers put a nice markup on the knives from the start, and give Spark a % too. Maybe advertise them on FB, etc., so everyone who wants one can get one at the original price, thus eliminating the after market.
facebook? It wouldn't really be a Bladeforums Traditional Knife then, would it?

I don't think you can eliminate an after market markup for these things because they are always going to produce less that what will saturate the market. I think being able to account for the people who are flipping and prevent them from acquiring during the next go around is about as good as you are going to get. There is a justice in the world that is often hidden or delayed, and the folks who step on the generosity of others won't find the happiness they think they achieve through their abuse. I think folks who want to turn a profit on such a generosity are more to be pitied than hated, personally.

The one on eBay by “pontooncapt”, he is a member here with a different username. He did the same thing last year with the Buck knife. I alerted Gary and Frank back then, guess there’s avenues around the blacklist.

Actually, I just went through the 2019 order thread and he posted for 2 of them. Guess he got them.

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any way to find out who the "flippers" are, and post their usernames in a "shame" thread? If they find that nobody will converse with them, or buy/sell on the exchange with them, and they are not allowed to purchase any more forum knives... it would be a sort of self-policing effort.

Well, there's a start. I'm not sure how the mods would view a BF Knife Blacklist Shame thread, though. Seems a shame to have to go to those lengths just because of a few money-grubbing jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back