2019 GEC 86 Oil Field Jack and Forum Knife Picture Thread

Thanks Rusty1 Rusty1 for posting I had called previously about the white bone ones and either he didn’t mention have any of these or I missed him mentioning it, so I thought they were gone, but your post prompted me to check again and I now have this one with another in teak wood purchased and I believe on the way.
72A64C61-AC26-47EB-9C5C-053B94DC9717.jpeg 4F6FAF34-BE89-4FD6-841D-281F23481B48.jpeg 41177B82-20D2-45E9-900F-25B7E1F3EEDD.jpeg 89DA6A98-3F87-4939-B821-B8585B7BAE2C.jpeg

Thanks Rusty1 Rusty1 for posting I had called previously about the white bone ones and either he didn’t mention have any of these or I missed him mentioning it, so I thought they were gone, but your post prompted me to check again and I now have this one with another in teak wood purchased and I believe on the way.
View attachment 1275148 View attachment 1275149 View attachment 1275150 View attachment 1275151
Very nice. I opted for one in teak myself. I am super excited. Been into high end knives for 12+ years and this is the first damascus knife I've ever purchased/owned.

Very nice. I opted for one in teak myself. I am super excited. Been into high end knives for 12+ years and this is the first damascus knife I've ever purchased/owned.

Between this one, the white bone, and the next one there have been quite a few emails and several phone calls. As near as I can tell this one is all from the Texas battleship, blade and handle, and the one I have on the way is all from the Lexington aircraft carrier. Either way though I think these are all great looking knives, so much so I ordered another one immediately, just in case something happened to it. I’ve never had Damascus either

View attachment 1275148 View attachment 1275149 View attachment 1275150 View attachment 1275151

That is a very nice example, they are some real stunners. My LS 86 is only the second Damascus blade knife I have owned. After many years of collecting I was never that interested in Damascus knives. This run of Lone Star knives has changed my perception.

Russell

That is a very nice example, they are some real stunners. My LS 86 is only the second Damascus blade knife I have owned. After many years of collecting I was never that interested in Damascus knives. This run of Lone Star knives has changed my perception.

Russell
I'm giving serious thought to carrying and using mine when it arrives. That's one reason I chose teak.

Russell
They sure are nice.

I'm giving serious thought to carrying and using mine when it arrives. That's one reason I chose teak.
Pretty sharp off the bat, I think they sharpened it and then did the acid etch so it’s nice and thin. Nearly the only GEC that didn’t require re-profiling, just knocked off the ridges.

I just now realized this has a shield on both sides. Very cool!

Lighting sucks, but you can get the idea — loving the stag I got! No popcorn, this is baby smooth and oh so sweet in hand. Probably wouldn’t have been my first choice but this is the only one I saw listed for non-markup prices and there are zero regrets. You can see a palm swell that’s perfect for right handers, which I am. The blades are even centered with great walk and talk. Firm 6+ pull on the clip with a conservative 5 on the secondary. No safe queen here, this one’s begging for use.
goz0Jau.jpg

g8EH05o.jpg

AyrskcX.jpg

I thinks that’s awesome how you prefer smoothness over popcorn. Just a sentiment on individual preferences. My preference is fat matching covers!

I just now realized this has a shield on both sides. Very cool!
Yes, it’s a nice addition and it has actually struck me several times while using it. I’ll be looking at the shield and realize it’s the pile side. I’m sure that will lessen with use until it’s switched out for another. My next one is on the way, can’t wait to see it, even though it will be substantially the same.

I just bought my second JSR Sports & More SFO #86 Oil Field Jack Chocolate Almond peach-seed jigged bone knife, at the release date price. That 2019 GEC Chocolate Almond bone color is so beautiful. My favorite GEC soft brown color with dark brown highlights. I needed a second one for everyday use and carry. I am so surprised and happy. I went fool with 11 #86 purchases. I got to save money for the GEC#23s.

I just bought my second JSR Sports & More SFO #86 Oil Field Jack Chocolate Almond peach-seed jigged bone knife, at the release date price. That 2019 GEC Chocolate Almond bone color is so beautiful. My favorite GEC soft brown color with dark brown highlights. I needed a second one for everyday use and carry. I am so surprised and happy. I went fool with 11 #86 purchases. I got to save money for the GEC#23s.

Thanks for posting up about it, I thought I had missed these and now have one inbound, really love the look of the bone and that shield is my favorite of this run alongside the BF knife. Haven't seen many of these around either. I wasn’t interested in this 86 run being a single blade fan, but I now have 3, and I’m hunting 2 more, though landing one of those Damascus battleship versions is unlikely.

I’m nearly positive the pine is hardened, the bolster transitions were so exact and the areas around the pins weren’t chipped or gouged like I would expect. I tried seeing if my fingernail would go in the wood at all, I’m not pushing as hard as I can but it’s not making a mark, either in the light or dark areas. Usually it will make a mark in most or all woods. I’m not going to test it too much though. It looks like the characteristics of this, I think it’s long leaf pine, and teak are pretty similar, I’m guessing the teak may be stabilized as well but I’ll have to wait and see. I think I’ve seen in a few places that GEC stabilizes softer woods they work with, like the beer barrel oak they used in the beer scouts. Seems like you should have yours soon if not already check it out and post some pics as well

Back