2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Beautiful polished stag conversion!! Just enough file/chisel work in the right place!! Who is the artist Â??

My friend Stéphane Thomachot did it . Thanks for him.

kamagong kamagong , I know that it's a difficult mixture between the sadness to see an original Waynorth Lambfoot disappear and the pleasure to see a different version of this great knife .

Â

A french mutation ?

48330520322_7276f08b15_z.jpg

48330386666_b2c9b106da_c.jpg

48330385806_75f783fe6b_c.jpg

48330517187_2d62dd96cc_z.jpg

48330384441_7006bba56b_z.jpg

Â

Very nice. I like the rivets (?) used to attach the covers to the liners.

Only sadness if it's the bone covers that were replaced. I am only too happy to see a black hole (sunken pins) disappear. They are not objectionable on rough materials like stag and jigged bone, but on smooth ebony they are a blemish.

Only sadness if it's the bone covers that were replaced. I am only too happy to see a black hole (sunken pins) disappear. They are not objectionable on rough materials like stag and jigged bone, but on smooth ebony they are a blemish.

Since you mentioned it... why are there sunken pins on wood covers? Only thing I can figure is they’re installed after the finish grit is done...for some reason. I’ve wondered about that one myself.

My friend Stéphane Thomachot did it . Thanks for him.

kamagong kamagong , I know that it's a difficult mixture between the sadness to see an original Waynorth Lambfoot disappear and the pleasure to see a different version of this great knife .

Â
Nice job from Stephane!! Thanks Â!! Variety is the spice of life!!!

Now I have to decide which Ram to EDC?!?!:D
View attachment 1164916 View attachment 1164917
Charlie, if I were faced with that decision, I'd simply get a tetrahedral (4-faced) die, assign a number to each knife, and roll the die each morning to tell me which knife to carry that day! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:
(But if my "name" was on the tang stamp of two of the knives, I think I could simplify things and just toss a coin each day: "Heads" I carry the ebony lambsfoot, "Tails" I carry the jigged bone lambsfoot! :D)

- GT

waynorth waynorth , to have to choose between all these beauties can be a hell every morning :D

Rose and Thistle Custom Rose and Thistle Custom , it's just a european stag. When I ask for it to my friend Stephane I asked him to polish it very well. Like this it gives a look between the stag and the bone. Stephane added some rings to the rivets not to break the stag .

Â
I haven't seen rivets done that way before, really like it.
I'm working on stag covers for a Proper right now, not enjoying it but think I do want to do some from caribou and take it down past the texture to a high polish like the Scandinavians do.

Back