2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Ewww if your version were to have been stamped instead of etched....then us users would forever view "real lambfoot knife". Which leads me to wonder, why did they stop stamping?

Those are some pretty knives Charlie. And all you other members really make this thread a joy to follow.
Getting Bill to stamp blades is like pulling teeth!!

7C6F880A-F037-4D31-885F-9552890E39FB_zps20jly3wm.jpeg

Simplicity at its finest to top off this beautiful Sunday evening . NewYork steak hand picked and fresh from my local butcher she always picks me out the best NewYork steaks and some corn on the cob . With a side of Rams foot but there’s only one thing missing ... hmmm
I know it’s a Waynorth Lambsfoot!
QlUbwGS.jpg

Simplicity at its finest to top off this beautiful Sunday evening . NewYork steak hand picked and fresh from my local butcher she always picks me out the best NewYork steaks and some corn on the cob . With a side of Rams foot but there’s only one thing missing ... hmmm
QlUbwGS.jpg
Nice picture and the Steak and Corn is certainly tempting .

Harry

Nice picture and the Steak and Corn is certainly tempting .

Harry
Thank you :) If I told you how good it was that would be a understatement :D
Pretty proud of myself lol everything came out perfect . Seared both sides to seal in the juices then Slow cooked smoking it with some Oak , hickory and apple wood chips cooking the steak to between medium and medium rare . Boiled the corn for about 15 minutes then smothered it with some Tillamook extra creamy butter . Then wrapped it in tin foil threw it on the grill for about ten minutes :thumbsup: then gave it another light coat of butter .

QlUbwGS.jpg
...If only some generous friend on this forum bought 1 too many Waynorth Lambfeet, you could really help them out...:rolleyes:

QlUbwGS.jpg

Beautiful! Throw a slice of apple pie somewhere in there and that's Americana at its best.

You'll be fine CelloDan CelloDan - that is a good system if you are patient. You might find that the factory edge is not quite consistent so the 1st effort could be time consuming without some diamond rods. Once you get the full accurate bevel, maintaining a keen edge will be a cinch. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Ray

You'll be fine CelloDan CelloDan - that is a good system if you are patient. You might find that the factory edge is not quite consistent so the 1st effort could be time consuming without some diamond rods. Once you get the full accurate bevel, maintaining a keen edge will be a cinch. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Ray
TY Ray ! It went well.

You nailed the description and the best use for the Sharpmaker. I was afraid I may need to re profile if things did not work out with the sharpmaker as i have limited experience/don't practice often enough with my flat diamond stones (I did re profile a couple of cheaper knives with the stones and it was a huge learning curve).

The thin blade, type of steel and minuscule bevel of my Ram facilitated touching it up on the Sharpmaker with good results. It probably did not need it for real world use though. Just yesterday my daughter commented on how sharp it was and how easy it was to cut tomatoes with it ... BUT I could no longer cut and S in a piece of paper... and it bothered me LOL :)

I think sharpening is like playing a string instrument... one day you feel you sound so good, your teacher is impressed, you feel proud of your self ... and the the next day for whatever reason you can't even play in tune LOL
JR1Inn5.jpg

Well folks, without any hints or prompting from me today the wife out of the clear blue sky says; "Does a fried Spam sandwich sound ok for lunch today?" I immediately responded; "Let me get my Ram's Foot knife." Things started happening fast. The Spam got sliced, fried, and put between two slices of white bread with mayonnaise and diced, white, onions. I didn't take pictures of everything but got this nice shot of the Spam and my Ram's Foot knife.

ToDY9A4.jpg

This just goes to show that great minds like mine and Vince's Prester John Prester John along with @r8shell think alike.

Last edited:
Well folks, without any hints or prompting from me today the wife out of the clear blue shy says; "Does a fried Spam sandwich sound ok for lunch today?" I immediately responded; "Let me get my Ram's Foot knife." Things started happening fast. The Spam got sliced, fried, and put between two slices of white bread with mayonnaise and diced, white, onions. I didn't take pictures of everything but got this nice shot of the Spam and my Ram's Foot knife.

ToDY9A4.jpg

This just goes to show that great minds like mine and Vince's Prester John Prester John along with @r8shell think alike.
I may make one with mustard tomorrow. Maybe even add tomatoes and onions.

Back