1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 35 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a KA-BAR Becker BK5 Magnum Camp , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, August 31 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

2019 GEC 93 Ram's Foot and Waynorth Cutlery Real Lambfoot Thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waverave, Apr 26, 2019.

1. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Getting Bill to stamp blades is like pulling teeth!!

2. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    I look forward to seeing it there my friend .

Harry

3. cigarrodog

cigarrodog Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 18, 2014
  4. TheFactor

TheFactor Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Simplicity at its finest to top off this beautiful Sunday evening . NewYork steak hand picked and fresh from my local butcher she always picks me out the best NewYork steaks and some corn on the cob . With a side of Rams foot but there’s only one thing missing ... hmmm
    I know it’s a Waynorth Lambsfoot!
    [​IMG]

5. Old Engineer

Old Engineer Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Nice picture and the Steak and Corn is certainly tempting .

Harry

6. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thank you :) If I told you how good it was that would be a understatement :D
    Pretty proud of myself lol everything came out perfect . Seared both sides to seal in the juices then Slow cooked smoking it with some Oak , hickory and apple wood chips cooking the steak to between medium and medium rare . Boiled the corn for about 15 minutes then smothered it with some Tillamook extra creamy butter . Then wrapped it in tin foil threw it on the grill for about ten minutes :thumbsup: then gave it another light coat of butter .

7. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 7, 2016
    ...If only some generous friend on this forum bought 1 too many Waynorth Lambfeet, you could really help them out...:rolleyes:

8. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Yes indeed :D
    Hint Hint :rolleyes:

9. bax229

bax229 Gold Member Basic Member Gold Member

May 7, 2016
    Good luck on the hunt...If I had two...one would be coming your way

10. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    Thank you kindly :)

11. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    And it's a GREAT pleasure to read that you will be there. It would be fantastic to be with all of you :(

Â

12. Rose and Thistle Custom

Rose and Thistle Custom Josh Mead Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 9, 2018
    Hope you guys get lots of pictures for those of us who can't make it.

13. Ron Sabbagh

Ron Sabbagh Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Beautiful! Throw a slice of apple pie somewhere in there and that's Americana at its best.

JohnDF and TheFactor like this.
  14. TheFactor

Feb 26, 2015
    That sounds good great idea !

15. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Ok .... ( allow me to take a long deep breath first )
    Here we go !
    [​IMG]

16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    You'll be fine @CelloDan - that is a good system if you are patient. You might find that the factory edge is not quite consistent so the 1st effort could be time consuming without some diamond rods. Once you get the full accurate bevel, maintaining a keen edge will be a cinch. Enjoy :thumbsup:

Ray

JohnDF, gaj999 and CelloDan like this.
  17. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Yeah, same problem with Wright's Charlie :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

18. CelloDan

CelloDan Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 2, 2017
    TY Ray ! It went well.

You nailed the description and the best use for the Sharpmaker. I was afraid I may need to re profile if things did not work out with the sharpmaker as i have limited experience/don't practice often enough with my flat diamond stones (I did re profile a couple of cheaper knives with the stones and it was a huge learning curve).

The thin blade, type of steel and minuscule bevel of my Ram facilitated touching it up on the Sharpmaker with good results. It probably did not need it for real world use though. Just yesterday my daughter commented on how sharp it was and how easy it was to cut tomatoes with it ... BUT I could no longer cut and S in a piece of paper... and it bothered me LOL :)

I think sharpening is like playing a string instrument... one day you feel you sound so good, your teacher is impressed, you feel proud of your self ... and the the next day for whatever reason you can't even play in tune LOL
    [​IMG]

19. Modoc ED

Modoc ED Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Well folks, without any hints or prompting from me today the wife out of the clear blue sky says; "Does a fried Spam sandwich sound ok for lunch today?" I immediately responded; "Let me get my Ram's Foot knife." Things started happening fast. The Spam got sliced, fried, and put between two slices of white bread with mayonnaise and diced, white, onions. I didn't take pictures of everything but got this nice shot of the Spam and my Ram's Foot knife.

[​IMG]

This just goes to show that great minds like mine and Vince's @Prester John along with @r8shell think alike.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  20. Prester John

Prester John Gold Member Gold Member

May 20, 2018
    I may make one with mustard tomorrow. Maybe even add tomatoes and onions.

cigarrodog, Half/Stop and Modoc ED like this.