2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

Was going to pass on the Dark Blue Jigged Bone Pemberton but after polishing they look to be the perfect shade of blue so I broke down and ordered one. Still have a Muslin on order so hopefully those will turn out just as nice.
Same here. Just got in an order for the blue jigged bone. The jigging looks a bit like worn tire tread, but I really like the blue! Have a muslin and white bone on reserve.

What does un-X-ld mean? Unaccelled? If its shorthand for a longer word, that is also a mark of "modern" logos. Like Amazons short version AMZN. Anyway what am I missing about this popular shield?

Unexcelled: Incapable of being bettered or improved upon : unsurpassed, superb unexcelled craftsmanship an unexcelled performance a landscape unexcelled in its beauty. I like it and the Tidioute shield.

Shew, IF that price is indicative of the MSRP, that mean dealer prices in the upper 80s-low 90s?? I sure hope not. I've got 6 or 7 of these #06s on pre-order. I'll have to go work the streets!! :oops::confused::eek:

Probably starting around $78 and going up from there depending on blades/covers.

Anybody know why they used a center steel pin and brass for the other two?

I would expect those who live closer to their dealers to start getting their Pembertons tomorrow...looking forward to some photos :)

My fiancee almost never likes jigging. If a knife has jigging, regardless of what other characteristics it has, she probably doesn't like it.

Weirdly enough, she likes this jigging. She said it looks better than any other jigging she's seen. haha I can't account for it. I think it looks okay, but not the best.

this is another forum members photo, but goodness look how nice this jigging came out?!

https://www.bladeforums.com/attachments/c6c38779-e395-411a-a93d-e645628c184d-jpeg.1059091/

Yeah I agree, that's some of the best they've done.

Now we know the badge shield will be on the Northfield white bone version.
View attachment 1059446

That's a very welcome surprise! I like that shield quite a bit, as shields go.

Dark Blues hit the dealers today I'm excited! These are up next...
View attachment 1060804

Boy those look good. I like that bar shield a lot, as shields go.

Maybe I don't dislike shields quite as much as I thought.

The Knife Connection’s pics make these look very blue, just what I was hoping for!View attachment 1060903 View attachment 1060904 View attachment 1060905

The color on these is looking really nice. More blue and less black than other GEC blue.

Last edited:
Thanks Barry @gunstockjack for the fast shipping.

waverave waverave here ya go! :)

Nice dark blue, pull is slightly lighter than recent 14 run which is nice because it's easily pinched. Halfstop ever so slightly proud, superior fit and finish compared to other brands. Tire tread jigging not as grippy as it could be, but overall a very nice little slipjoint.

gec09bluejiggedbone-1.jpg

Size comparison top to bottom, single clip 15, single clip 14, single wharnie 09.

gec09bluejiggedbone-2.jpg

The Knife Connection’s pics make these look very blue, just what I was hoping for!View attachment 1060903 View attachment 1060904 View attachment 1060905

Nice dark blue, pull is slightly lighter than recent 14 run which is nice because it's easily pinched. Halfstop ever so slightly proud, superior fit and finish compared to other brands. Tire tread jigging not as grippy as it could be, but overall a very nice little slipjoint.

Size comparison top to bottom, single clip 15, single clip 14, single wharnie 09.

That blue does look really nice. The end caps and shield do a great job of distracting you from the so-so jigging but overall, a very handsome knife.

Looks great (and nice photos as always!).
Mine came in today as well. Off-hand, I find it to be exactly as you just described. Beautiful little knife :) Can't wait for the smooth white bone!
GEC_06_Blue_01.jpg

My fiancee almost never likes jigging. If a knife has jigging, regardless of what other characteristics it has, she probably doesn't like it.

Weirdly enough, she likes this jigging. She said it looks better than any other jigging she's seen. haha I can't account for it. I think it looks okay, but not the best.
I
Strange indeed. My wife just saw a picture I took of my new blue jig bone 06 and she said, “that’s a cool knife”. She has never commented on a knife before.

Travman Travman your pics show the blue color better than mine (slightly underexposed, in a hurry to beat waverave waverave lol). E Elgatodeacero are you sure that isn't streaks from oil? Mine and others look to be polished.

Travman Travman your pics show the blue color better than mine (slightly underexposed, in a hurry to beat waverave waverave lol). E Elgatodeacero are you sure that isn't streaks from oil? Mine and others look to be polished.
Thanks for noticing. The blue came out really well in the low light close to sunset.

Here is another picture taken early this morning.
sQrvvbS.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps it's just me, but I am almost taken by surprise each time I go through a dealer's site and these blue Pembertons scroll by.

It's been so long since we had a true blue offering from GEC that these really stick out - in a good way.

I'm loving how these have turned out, and can't wait to get my 2 blade.

Thank you Bill for making some more blue jigged knives!

I just received 2 Blue jigged single blade 06's...……. Boy, they are a sweet little knife...… They came from 2 different sources...… One is a little lazy closing but that will clear up...……. I'm am tickled to death with these...……. 06-1.jpg

Back