2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

Here are some pictures to show the size in comparison to the #18 Coyote. In the hand these two feel pretty much the same.
Efjjk30.jpg

With some sunlight the blue changes to a lighter shade.
mE8oi9L.jpg

Here are some pictures to show the size in comparison to the #18 Coyote. In the hand these two feel pretty much the same.
Efjjk30.jpg

mE8oi9L.jpg
Thanks for the comparison shots. That should save me from buying an #18... at least for a little while ;)

Thanks for the comparison shots. That should save me from buying an #18... at least for a little while ;)
Ditto. The fruitless hunt for a Coyote is what led me down this trail of GEC madness in the first place as I was looking to upgrade my blue jigged bone Case Mini Copperhead. Now a few years later and the blue Pemberton swoops in to seal the deal.

Efjjk30.jpg

mE8oi9L.jpg
Evidently, these two use the exact same blade, only a slightly different position for the pivot hole.

Got my blue Pemberton today and am very impressed. Perfect centering, easy to open. Seems super handy. Small, of course, but doesn't feel cheap. Have both the single and double blade white bones in my future as well.

Efjjk30.jpg

mE8oi9L.jpg
Thanks for the comparison pictures. :thumbsup:

the inconsistent jigging from knife to knife seems weird.
your bottom knife seems nicer than the top as far as jigging.
nice pair.

Let me throw in another pic. Have had this one for a full day now, and have to say that I like it a lot. I will say that I like my 18 coyote a little bit better ... but this 06 is definitely a keeper for me.

YHgk23T.jpg

Better light / accurate color.

gec09bluejiggedbone-3.jpg

Colorchecker used for color accuracy. The row of squares on the left are certified grey, giving an easy way to adjust white balance for accuracy. Even expensive cameras can only guess.

gec09bluejiggedbone-4.jpg

I like a pinchable slipjoint.

gec09bluejiggedbone-5.jpg

Better light / accurate color.

gec09bluejiggedbone-3.jpg

Colorchecker used for color accuracy. The row of squares on the left are certified grey, giving an easy way to adjust white balance for accuracy. Even expensive cameras can only guess.

gec09bluejiggedbone-4.jpg

I like a pinchable slipjoint.

gec09bluejiggedbone-5.jpg
Great photos they really show the true color. We haven't had good light here since I got mine. Interesting jigging on that one where it meets the bottom bolster I really like how everyone's has a slightly different jigging personality and varying shades of blue...it all makes them very unique.

Let me throw in another pic. Have had this one for a full day now, and have to say that I like it a lot. I will say that I like my 18 coyote a little bit better ... but this 06 is definitely a keeper for me.

YHgk23T.jpg
Beautiful photo and a superb shade of blue on that one!

Back