2019 GEC Pemberton Thread

You guys made me buy one :D . Don’t know much about stags so what should I looks for when I receive it .
Every stag knife ever made is slightly different from the other. The beauty of stag is in the eye of the beholder. Some like smooth some like barky some like thin some like fat...if you look at it and hold it and it pleases you...then all good.

Congratulations. Choice of what to look for is highly personal. There’s no right or wrong. It either speaks to you or it doesn’t. My tastes tend toward what they call “Gnarly.” Deep Crags, browns and black, with dark yellow to brown outside the borders. Matching or close to matching covers are a plus. On the other hand, a smooth, polished Stag can really float my boat. Given that the 06 is small, we stand a decent chance of getting what we want. Finally, it’s not always possible, but when it is, most of us would prefer to be given the option of choice. No matter what you end up with, you will still get a very cool knife.

Last edited:
This new guy's Blue Bone Pemberton and my buddy's micarta version. Slick little watch pocket knives. I have a couple Northfields, and did not expect the Tidioutes to be so nice!

Y1maExCm.jpg

44vDW9Dm.jpg

This new guy's Blue Bone Pemberton and my buddy's micarta version. Slick little watch pocket knives. I have a couple Northfields, and did not expect the Tidioutes to be so nice!

Y1maExCm.jpg

44vDW9Dm.jpg
Welcome M Morrow7x :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: I think you'll find there is a lot of beauty to behold in the Tidioutes. Sometimes the flashy bits and embellishments on Northfields are a little too much in my opinion but each trim has its place.

The Stags were just ripped away! The speed of this batch was untrue! :eek:
The maximum each dealer was allowed was 20 stag knives, plus GEC only made 250, according to what I have read. GEC made 500 each of the Tidioute models. Is this a small run? I read that the 97s are going to number in the thousands. Is this the result of GEC getting a CNC grinder?
Mike

The maximum each dealer was allowed was 20 stag knives, plus GEC only made 250, according to what I have read. GEC made 500 each of the Tidioute models. Is this a small run? I read that the 97s are going to number in the thousands. Is this the result of GEC getting a CNC grinder?
Mike
I was corrected by @knifeswapper...500 each of the single blades and 300 each of the 2-blades. Each dealer gets a certain allotment so some have more than 20 of these single blade stags (closer to 40-50 for some of them).

Well got the email from Mike that the stag selection had commenced. Nothing fit my #1 criteria for stag (gnarly/popcorny) and I almost decided to take my chances in a few days with the rest of his shipment. I went back again and looked, and saw the "D" selection that fit my #2 criteria for stag (fat with deep lengthwise ridges) and figured I'd be better off getting that that one than waiting for Tuesday and landing a dud. It looks reminisant of the way Case does their 6.5 bonestag, except better stag coloration obviously, and I'm perfectly ok with that look.

...Sometimes the flashy bits and embellishments on Northfields are a little too much in my opinion but each trim has its place.

Yeah, exactly what I've been thinking about mine since I got the Tidioute. Realized these may be a little more my style...

Keeping the Northfields, though! :D

Well got the email from Mike that the stag selection had commenced. Nothing fit my #1 criteria for stag (gnarly/popcorny) and I almost decided to take my chances in a few days with the rest of his shipment. I went back again and looked, and saw the "D" selection that fit my #2 criteria for stag (fat with deep lengthwise ridges) and figured I'd be better off getting that that one than waiting for Tuesday and landing a dud. It looks reminisant of the way Case does their 6.5 bonestag, except better stag coloration obviously, and I'm perfectly ok with that look.
My exact feelings. In fact, it was because I had earned points that reduced my cost that my choice was made a little easier. I'm guessing all the gnarly examples I saw on GEC's site are going to the double blade frame (I hope). The one I picked looks cool and since I saw it on my phone I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I don't think I need exhibition stag on such a small knife.

That description you give sounds like it will be fine . Anxiously waiting for your pictures . I also like Gnarly and Popcorn but with this being a small single bladed knife , Fat Stag will be a plus for normal sized hands and Deep Lengthwise Ridges is also a very good thing . I am liking the sound of yours my friend . There is no Bad Stag . Some is just better than others .

Harry

Words to live by Harry.
Thanks Alan . Boy , if I had not bought Stag Pemberton a couple of years ago , I would be clamoring all over to get one now . There are some nice ones in the GEC pictures . It's just my luck that my wife also liked the Pemberton , so I gave it to her the day that I bought it . Then her collection started and that is fine with me and the rest is history. I really like the Pemberton or Little Coke Bottle . Will we see you at the Rendezvous this year my friend .

Harry

Thanks Alan . Boy , if I had not bought Stag Pemberton a couple of years ago , I would be clamoring all over to get one now . There are some nice ones in the GEC pictures . It's just my luck that my wife also liked the Pemberton , so I gave it to her the day that I bought it . Then her collection started and that is fine with me and the rest is history. I really like the Pemberton or Little Coke Bottle . Will we see you at the Rendezvous this year my friend .

Harry
Sounds like a plan.

Back