2019 GEC Rendezvous August 8th, 9th,10th

Many thanks to all for sharing! Really hoping to be able to swing by tomorrow and get a taste myself. Have a great day everyone.

Greatly appreciate the pictures everyone. Keep them coming. Some great Rendezvous Knives this year. Charlie, that White Bone Lamb Foot is amazing as well :eek:. Hope you all have a great weekend!

We love them rendezvous specials. I like all of them. Bruno's favorites are the bone handled ones! We scored an abalone #12 rendezvous knife, a 74 in white smooth bone with stainless blade, a 14 green smooth bone only 1 of 2 and a yellow smooth bone 14 also 1 of 2 made. both 14's have a star shield.

Great seeing everyone today.

My son's and I arrived early to find the Kifer's hanging out with Hose56. It was nice to chat with them and shake the hand of the man that brought the TK Cuban to fruition (Terry Kifer). Those that have followed me for a while know that my first GEC was/is a copperhead jigged bone TK.

We met Halfstop(+1), Waynorth, old engineer (+1) hose56, sabercat (plus 2), Mr. Latham, Mr. Frey and I'm sure others from here that I'm forgetting. Please forgive me.

It was fun to see my boys show off their collections to the sage collectors. You all were certainly appreciated. Thank you for making the boy's day.
We visited the store and each of us scored a unique souvenir for our first rendezvous.

As the morning progressed, we looked around out front. Looked at some fine knives from the Kifers, Maher and Grosh guys, Mr. Frey, and Waynorth.

Special thanks to @waynorth and Half/Stop Half/Stop for what you did for the boys. Very kind.

Knives, yes pics to come. I have trouble shrinking pics down from my phone camera, so I'll leave you in suspense for a day or two. Sorry.

If you havent guessed it by now, it wasnt really about the knives. They were a bonus.

I did have to walk away from a few knives that were just beyond what I can pull of at the moment, but the chase is the fun.

From the freezing cold pool at rhe Oil Creek Family Campground......
Take care,
Josh

We love them rendezvous specials. I like all of them. Bruno's favorites are the bone handled ones! We scored an abalone #12 rendezvous knife, a 74 in white smooth bone with stainless blade, a 14 green smooth bone only 1 of 2 and a yellow smooth bone 14 also 1 of 2 made. both 14's have a star shield.

Those 14's are wonderful great grabs!

First of all, let me compliment you, Ron on the beard.
Secondly, I'm very happy for you guys for the knives you were able to add to your fine collections. White bone is so classy! Harry, I know you love those LFs, but that 74 is going to demand some serious pocket time. What a beaut! And Ron, those two Orchard Gems are out of this world.

Mainly, gotta say I'd love to be there with y'all. Please give my best to Nancy and Pam!
Thanks Jeff! :)

Nice going on your score Ron! That picture of Harry at the grill is a framer for sure.

Russell
Thanks Russell! It was great seeing you again. Harry the grill master is an instant classic! :)

Great seeing everyone today.

My son's and I arrived early to find the Kifer's hanging out with Hose56. It was nice to chat with them and shake the hand of the man that brought the TK Cuban to fruition (Terry Kifer). Those that have followed me for a while know that my first GEC was/is a copperhead jigged bone TK.

We met Halfstop(+1), Waynorth, old engineer (+1) hose56, sabercat (plus 2), Mr. Latham, Mr. Frey and I'm sure others from here that I'm forgetting. Please forgive me.

It was fun to see my boys show off their collections to the sage collectors. You all were certainly appreciated. Thank you for making the boy's day.
We visited the store and each of us scored a unique souvenir for our first rendezvous.

As the morning progressed, we looked around out front. Looked at some fine knives from the Kifers, Maher and Grosh guys, Mr. Frey, and Waynorth.

Special thanks to @waynorth and Half/Stop Half/Stop for what you did for the boys. Very kind.

Knives, yes pics to come. I have trouble shrinking pics down from my phone camera, so I'll leave you in suspense for a day or two. Sorry.

If you havent guessed it by now, it wasnt really about the knives. They were a bonus.

I did have to walk away from a few knives that were just beyond what I can pull of at the moment, but the chase is the fun.

From the freezing cold pool at rhe Oil Creek Family Campground......
Take care,
Josh
Josh it was great to meet you and your sons. You are exactly right. The knives are a bonus. :thumbsup: :D

I bought two knives today. I’m going to take some pictures later. Here’s one photo I did take today. To me this is what this hobby is about. Four young men enjoy and being taught about their collections. Posted with permission from the father’s I call this photo “The future of the hobby!” On the left side are Ryan’s sons Sabercat Sabercat and on the right side Josh and his two sons Rockon75 Rockon75 .

9D599741-7D86-4112-ABB1-213D0947F8C7.jpeg

Thanks Jeff! :)

Thanks Russell! It was great seeing you again. Harry the grill master is an instant classic! :)

Josh it was great to meet you and your sons. You are exactly right. The knives are a bonus. :thumbsup: :D

I bought two knives today. I’m going to take some pictures later. Here’s one photo I did take today. To me this is what this hobby is about. Four young men enjoy and being taught about their collections. Posted with permission from the father’s I call this photo “The future of the hobby!” On the left side are Ryan’s sons Sabercat Sabercat and on the right side Josh and his two sons Rockon75 Rockon75 .

View attachment 1176178
Ron, thank you for taking that awesome photo of the boys together, and for the very generous gift you gave them!

I don't always get to say this about my sons, but they seemed to behave themselves (for the most part), and got along well with each other the entire time. Josh's boys are tremendous as well, and I was honored to get to see their collections.

I thought for sure that after sitting in line for 2.25 hours yesterday morning the boys would have had enough, but they said they had a lot of fun, and can't wait to do it again next year.

Great to see kids with an implement that is tangible and useful, and enjoying there collection of new knives. I can still remember the day i was gifted my first knife over 50 years ago. Fantastic photo's being posted, and everyone having a good time. We have nothing like that over here, wish we did, so enjoy it and take it all in, you may not realize how lucky you all are. That is not a criticism, just sometimes we can take things for granted, i know i am guilty of it. Have a good weekend everyone.

Back