2020 GEC #19 Little Rattler Thread

4:03 eastern time in Canada.

I just sat there, refreshing my phone every 30 seconds looking on as they were being taken.
Wanted it :thumbsup:, but this was not the time for it.

KmQJ2hTl.jpg
That screen shot gave ma a chuckle...so our customers can relax. My how times have changed., the best laid plans of mice and men. Another thought came to mind, imagine a product so sought after that dealers had to institute a lottery to allocate available product. Nah, folks would still get upset. Not intending to ruffle any feathers in any way shape or form, I am a big fan of the early reserve, just an observation of the state of things today.

I love the Hee Haw reference! I was definitely experiencing that this week when I missed out on the reserve.

I honestly thought I had plenty of time.

I realize that missing the CK reserve is not the end of it. There is still time for all of us to get one or two.

Good one, John. I don't remember a lot from Hee Haw, but I do remember Nurse Goodbody!
Got a good chuckle out of this and it got me thinking about how my dad used to tell my mom that he enjoyed Hee Haw for the “music” even thought I never heard him listening to country music, and how my grandpa told my grandma that he like Playboy for the “articles,” even though I don’t remember him being an avid reader! I finally understood it all when I started watching Hee Haw with my dad and found my grandpa’s stack of Playboy magazines in the closet! Fond memories of growing up in simpler times.:D

Sounds like it's going to be a bigger run.
This may give me time to admire them and see if I'm tempted.
With you on that one, John. The scarcity of the #74 ironwoods, I find myself feeling a little hollow, and the cure is another knife.

I’m glad they decided to stick with smooth bone. On a small knife like this the jigged bone might turn out light as the 06’s did last run.

GEC always does this to me. On the initial news of covers I was interested in smooth bone. Now I’m interested in the white bone, natural bone and the snakeskin acrylic.

I think it will be an excellent little knife.

I’m glad they decided to stick with smooth bone. On a small knife like this the jigged bone might turn out light as the 06’s did last run.

GEC always does this to me. On the initial news of covers I was interested in smooth bone. Now I’m interested in the white bone, natural bone and the snakeskin acrylic.

I think it will be an excellent little knife.

I agree, the recent 06 jigging left a lot to be desired. I would prefer smooth bone over poor jigging. I went for the mystery material on the 19s since I initially passed on the 74 mystery material which turned out to be black plum which looks incredible. With the 19s, I think the Kingwood will be ok and Ill have to see snakeskin acrylic in person before I can really comment on its appearance, but I guess in name it is the perfect material for the little rattler.

I believe the entire 19 run is 2000 pieces. With six variants you’re looking at a bit over 300 in each material if produced equally.

Anyone have any pictures of anything in natural bone? I've seen the autumn natural bone 23's is that the only time they've used it?

Anyone have any pictures of anything in natural bone? I've seen the autumn natural bone 23's is that the only time they've used it?
The only material in the past that had "natural" and "bone" in the description was Natural Oily Creek Bone, Goldenrod Natural Bone and the recent Antique Autumn Natural Bone. Either this is something altogether new for GEC, or they haven't nailed down the name yet...or both! :)

I agree, the recent 06 jigging left a lot to be desired. I would prefer smooth bone over poor jigging. I went for the mystery material on the 19s since I initially passed on the 74 mystery material which turned out to be black plum which looks incredible. With the 19s, I think the Kingwood will be ok and Ill have to see snakeskin acrylic in person before I can really comment on its appearance, but I guess in name it is the perfect material for the little rattler.

If it's the same as what they used on the vipers it was received pretty well.

3ddb9c0b5182c793f4b45b491193e29a.jpg

not my pic

Back