2020 GEC #33 Conductor Thread

Same here. I'm still up in the air anyway between this and the red 62.
It seems like the upcoming beard and sausage tool is going to steal the show so maybe that'll leave some 33's available

Stag looking good.
AGa1Zj4l.jpg

ebAxvRyl.jpg

The Tidioute Antique Autumn wavy jigged bone GEC#33 knives were released on 7/31/2020. Hard to believe non have shown up on the dealer web-sights yet.

I've owned a couple of these in the past (hard to come by!). All were nice, but I felt the Tidioute were hands-down more attractive. Those simple bolsters allowed the elegant symmetry of this little swell center to really shine. I think if the sheild was offset, as GEC has done in the past, I might be more attracted to the Northfield trim. In a similar vein, then, I think the no-sheild stag is a great match up for the Northfield's tricked-out bolsters.

So, even though this run has limited options, I think they are so great with the Tidioute's centered (and novel) sheild and the blinged-up Northfield stag. We are so lucky these days. I, like most of you, have not seen any in the wild yet (except for Sabercat Sabercat 's pic). And I'm very anxious.

It looks pretty, but I'm afraid we are going o need more information. :D
How about the usual... F&F, pull weight, 'snap', blade rub, etc.
Sure!

The fit and finish is typical GEC - no issues at all.

I'm not good at describing pull, but I'd have to guess a 6+ maybe 7. A little stronger of pull than I was expecting, especially for a cam tang. The pen blade is a tad lighter, but still good.

The walk and talk is excellent. Neither blade disappoints.

There will be rub marks, I'm sure. Mine doesn't have any yet, but probably will - the more I handle it. The pen isn't touching the main blade, but does when I apply pressure to open it. I don't personally care about blade rub, so I won't open the blade in any special way to avoid it.

Overall a great knife!

Back