2020 GEC#47 VIPER RUN

These continue to trickle out at dealers. A weird roll out for this pattern.
With the way they disappear, it sure doesn't feel like they made 1,400 of 'em. But thats what the totals say.

Its been a bad year for USPS. I use them a lot, more than most I am sure. And over the years I don't even need a full hand to count the times something went cold trail on the tracking and never showed (either to me or the location I shipped). But just in the last month I've had two instances (not knives tho). Still holding out hope that they are hiding in the back of a truck or something and will show eventually. I've gotten the impression that things coming or going from the NY or NJ areas are particularly struggling to find their target destinations right now.

Last edited:
Is there anyone here that has a 47 stuck in the USPS black hole for the past 2 weeks like me? Getting scary now!

I just had my plum land, ordered it on december 28th and showed up yesterday, had in ironwood stuck for 9 days that just showed up today. The knife I traded for that ironwood went dark on the 4th as soon as it left my post office, but just showed up in St Louis. Its slow, but theyre getting through.

I got the e-mail from DLT today, but of course by the time I actually saw the e-mail, they were all gone. Plum and stag. I wish they would do a drop with some advance notice. Makes it really trick to land one!

I just sent something from here (MN) to Berkeley, CA. Dropped it off at the PO on Saturday, it went out for delivery yesterday morning. Pretty impressive, I thought, given how things have been going with the USPS lately. Then, yesterday evening, a big red exclamation point on the tracking info:

Alert: Delivery Exception, Animal Interference

:rolleyes:

Anyways, here’s a couple on-topic photos. ;)

IRBe5pw.jpg

NMYwb0w.jpg

Last edited:
Just realized my on-topic photo was not, in fact, on topic at all. (I thought this was the Let’s Talk GEC thread.) Guess I’d better edit that. ;)

I just had my plum land, ordered it on december 28th and showed up yesterday, had in ironwood stuck for 9 days that just showed up today. The knife I traded for that ironwood went dark on the 4th as soon as it left my post office, but just showed up in St Louis. Its slow, but theyre getting through.

Its been a bad year for USPS. I use them a lot, more than most I am sure. And over the years I don't even need a full hand to count the times something went cold trail on the tracking and never showed (either to me or the location I shipped). But just in the last month I've had two instances (not knives tho). Still holding out hope that they are hiding in the back of a truck or something and will show eventually. I've gotten the impression that things coming or going from the NY or NJ areas are particularly struggling to find their target destinations right now.
I have 2 knives in one box that went from one city in Penn. to another city in Penn. and never shows it leaving since Dec. 30th. On the tracking. I called the post office there twice and left messages, with no reply. I guess you can’t claim them lost for 30 days.

These continue to trickle out at dealers. A weird roll out for this pattern.
With the way they disappear, it sure doesn't feel like they made 1,400 of 'em. But thats what the totals say.

I had no idea these were still releasing at dealers. I caved and ordered a #47 plum on the secondary market because it's one of the recent releases I had to have.

Back