2021 GEC #71 Bull Nose

jku

I imagine they’ll be reasonably priced (like they’ve always been) from some dealers, and not so much from others. 🙄 It is a fantastic bargain knife, as long as it’s actually a bargain. 😉
It's always fun to see when you can get in on a drop from a reasonable dealer, then sit back and check out the prices from all the other dealers. Less fun when you whiff on the former and have to decide if the latter is worth it.

Lander boy Matt

Gold Member
Exactly, Ive been in this position a couple times recently, it definitely gave me a bit of perspective and saved me money at the same time haha!
It's always fun to see when you can get in on a drop from a reasonable dealer, then sit back and check out the prices from all the other dealers. Less fun when you whiff on the former and have to decide if the latter is worth it.

Jon0385

Gold Member
Basic Member
MbYrWvr.jpg

I’ve got the only 71 I need. Good luck to everyone trying to get one from this upcoming release.

Ruhiger Sturm

Gold Member
I never seem to keep 71’s in my collection but I went for a Green Micarta this round. I’m going to try and carry/use it for a month and see if this one sticks around. Overall it’s a great pattern and usually regret letting them go.

rbeggs

Gold Member
Here's hoping the new run will be like they used to be around 2015, thinner handle and livelier action. I don't like the huge chunky slabs and hard clunky actions on the last two runs.

MililaniGrown

Gold Member
Here's hoping the new run will be like they used to be around 2015, thinner handle and livelier action. I don't like the huge chunky slabs and hard clunky actions on the last two runs.
Didn't know there was a difference. I compared one from 2014 and one from 2017 and they seem to have the same thickness. Personally, I don't know if I'd want it any thinner.

btb01

Gold Member

Didn't know there was a difference. I compared one from 2014 and one from 2017 and they seem to have the same thickness. Personally, I don't know if I'd want it any thinner.

Yeah, I have Micarta #71’s from 2015, 2017 and 2018. None of them are noticeably thicker than any of the others. In fact, the 2017 Muslin Micarta is a hair thinner than all of the 2015’s. My two acrylic models from 2015 are slightly thinner than all of the Micartas, but I don’t think that’s really an apples-to-apples comparison, and the difference between my thickest #71 and my thinnest is less than 1mm. Pull/action are also pretty comparable across the different runs. (2017 had slightly stronger pulls, but are just snappy as knives from 2015.)

Ever since I ever even heard of GEC and started looking at their knives ... I wanted a Bull Nose
I waited waited ... waited and waited for one to be available
Thought my collection would be complete if I could just get hold of a Bull Nose
And my collection was finally completed ... for about 2 days :D

ywnt0fz.jpg
Lol. Next!

I wasn’t planning on it but after looking through this thread I want to snag one to beat up around the yard. I know current GEC pricing is kind of crazy but what do the F&F line usually retail relative to their other brands, I’d imagine prices a little lower?
I think mine was $54 in 2017

Chief

Chief Master Sergeant USAF (ret) 1975-2000
Platinum Member
71s are great knives to gift. Gave a "redneck" version to my nephew who fits the name and an O1 to my FIL (rip) that is lost somewhere probably on the farm. Wish I had a knifebrite user, will probably make a user out of one from this run. Still have these.

GEC71bullnosepair-1.jpg

hornetguy

Gold Member
hahahahaha..... a GEC vendor said they had some, and I checked just to see what the price was... 3 minutes later... out of stock. The insanity continues.