2021 GEC #71 Bull Nose

Perhaps those wooden bull-noses are a glimpse of what will be offered to those attending the 2021 rendezvous?

Right place at the right time, just ordered a red micarta. Hoping to get a green micarta as well, but if not I have one I bought from another member from a few years ago. Honestly I care that knife and my Case sodbuster jr more than any other knife.

Anyone know when GEC is going to start shipping the Green Micarta 71’s to distributors? I missed out on all the red’s, hoping to land a green.

I think they are shipping out another round of the red ones. Some dropped today for a dealer, but sold out quick as expected.

I was going to skip these, but decided to try for one at the last minute. Glad I did!
JOJOazs.jpg

Finally got my '21 Red Linen in and wanted to compare it to my NIT '14 Red Linen. I didn't know if I was going to like the vibrant red but it's really nice. I appreciate the fact that even though they're both labeled Red Linen, the difference in color means I don't actually have a duplicate, but more so an addition to my collection.
IMG_2898.JPG

I have a red one ordered as well. Will the vibrant red turn more into a burgundy with use and oil?

Best regards,
From what I've seen, I think all previous examples of red linen for this pattern have started out as a darker red straight out of the tube. We'd need to refer to other patterns that have used this brighter red linen and see how they've aged. I mean, I assume it'll get darker but not as dark as previous releases.

Anyone know when GEC is going to start shipping the Green Micarta 71’s to distributors? I missed out on all the red’s, hoping to land a green.
I just received and paid my invoice for the green micarta so safe to say that the knife is in the hands of the GEC sellers now.

I have the red one on it's way too. Unfortunately, both are/will be shipped via Chicago International Distribution Center. Given my personal experience and from what I read I expect just about a month+ of anxiously waiting for each knife to arrive. The route over Chicago is nerve-wrecking slooow.

Glade BQ dropped earlier today it looks like, green ones. Disappeared in 2 minutes...:rolleyes:

Finally got my '21 Red Linen in and wanted to compare it to my NIT '14 Red Linen. I didn't know if I was going to like the vibrant red but it's really nice. I appreciate the fact that even though they're both labeled Red Linen, the difference in color means I don't actually have a duplicate, but more so an addition to my collection.
View attachment 1565944

I managed to score one of the new red 71s myself, and think it's going to be the same point of view myself when it arrives. Not a second knife, but a new addition!!

Glade BQ dropped earlier today it looks like, green ones. Disappeared in 2 minutes...:rolleyes:
Dangit. I thought I was signed up for notification but I guess not. I do know they did 2 drops on the red though

This year's Red certainly looks a brighter tint than the 14 which is much more wine Red. Micarta does tend to darken quite a lot with use depending it seems, on finish.

Back