3, 2, 1....... Snark!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate music. It leads to sex, drugs and bad haircuts.

Even bad hair cuts can be fun/funny for a while.... :D

Worldwood.i agree with you 100%,i can find something interesting in all sort of music.music IS ART and like ART it s not for everyone to like.you should try listening to french rap,now THAT s something else...;)

Got a particular french rapper/song in mind??? Im open to LOADS of music so im definitely willing to give it a try!!

I'm going back to my Rain-X wipers. I had them for 2 years, however the store I had stopped at didn't have them. So I said "Bosch Icons are good, they have to be." God that was a mistake! I called Bosch today and they said "We'll have to call you back" yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhh I'll believe that when I get the call.

I never liked the Bosch ones either. I use the rain -X. I think the Bosch platinum plugs are shite too.

Doc

thats awesome jerry! my dad has a CJ7 that we are working on
Thanks! You're going to need to throw some pictures up! I had a '79 CJ5 through high school. Man.... I got into so much **** with that Jeep. Yea.... You're going to have to take it out at least once. ;)
Damn jerry those flat fenders are beauty.i had a 1959 for awhile until time called to get some more suited for the california freeway,got a 2002 TJ,wish i still had my 59 though.
Thanks! No, haha... They really aren't suited for that. That's why I had to sell the CJ5 and buy a Wrangler when I went off to School.

took a stab at adding a detent hole to my Leek this evening. The only thing that really cuts this damn blade is a frickin TILE bit. Damn, this is some good steel... I wonder what hardness they're running it at. The tile bit is too wide to drill deep enough, so the retention on the ball isn't great. It works if I snug the pivot tighter than preferred. I may take another run at it after some thought. My early conclusion is that drilling these holes are a waterjet task, obviously before heat-treat. It's hard to drill something small enough even when the steel is soft. It might be easier to drill a new hole in the side plate to mate up with the torsion bar hole in the blade, and push a ball into the new frame hole.

This is the blade marked for the detent position - I didn't take a pic after the drilling

IMG_20140827_202740-small.jpg

Also, last night I sanded and heat-treated, including one for the lefties. Tonight: bevel polishing. Those are 1" squares on the mat, btw:

IMG_20140828_222219-small.jpg

And what's this sorcery?!?!?

IMG_20140828_222416-small.jpg

Cbear you posted multiple times since that post and NOW you wanna bring it back up??
I was on a mobile device and I hate actually typing something meaningful on a mobile.
First off, if i let what people wear bother me i wouldnt be able to listen to ANY music at all.
I listen to lots of music, I even listen to rap. I listen to old school rap though. Back when rappers were lyricists not just rapping about getting paid, and bitches and hoes.
Second off, the way a person talks or dresses does NOT mean they wanna be anything. I dont dress like that... And would never, but that doesnt mean i judge him or anyone else because of how they dress or talk.
How a person dresses and talks and acts means EVERYTHING. I never would dress like that either, because I don't want people to judge me like that. When I walk into a job, if I walked in wearing baggy jeans that were torn up, a blue bandana tied around my head or my arm or my leg, and gold teeth people wouldn't care that I was an interpreter there to do a job, I would be asked to leave. Dressing and acting is your first impression. The first impression is the lasting impression. I'm not saying always wear a suit and tie and blah blah blah, however don't dress like a gangbanger (They are not gangsters, gangsters were from the 20's, 30's, and 40's and they had class and style!) don't act like a gangbanger, and people won't associate you with them.
Third, he has a job and makes BIG money, and the way he dresses and talks is part of his image, and all that helps him make his big money.
Not my money. I don't associate with people like that, and I have no desire to listen to people like that.
4th, where you grew up doesnt mean anything if you stayed inside with your mom and dad the entire time and they made decent money... your still on the outside looking in. Grow up dirt poor, go homeless and hungry, learn to live on the street with those "wannabes" and your attitude has NO choice but to change, you adapt to your surroundings. You wear whatever someone gives you despite how it looks. Just like you and your family worked to get out of poverty, he worked to get out of poverty too, but im betting you started out with a better start, yet he figured out a way to make more money in way less time.....
You were the one that brought the neighborhood into it. I actually DIDN'T have a head start I'll bet. My parents were a single income (below the poverty line) family, on food stamps, and we didn't always even have food or a place to live. I didn't spend my days inside with mom and dad either. I was outside, doing what kids did. Only thing was I wasn't stupid about it. There were kids like that around me, and we got into fights A LOT. That was where I learned I don't fight fair, I fight to win. Even still I never turned into that, I made a conscience decision NOT to be that guy.
Take someone from Britain when they are 10 years old and then move them to Australia. By the time they are 15 their entire accent and wardrobe has started to change, by the time they are 20 a lot of people would never know they were Britain. They are not wannabes, they are simply adapting to their surroundings.

Not liking a type of music is fine, but calling people wannabe gangsters, or a waste of breath, just because of how they talk or dress is prejudice.

This is not a battle i can lose, simply because no one can make me think differently. Same probably for the rest of you... Thats why its best to just let it go
I didn't call him a waste of breath, I called the people I grew up around a waste of breath. I said he needs to find a job that doesn't make him seem like the dredge of society. Plus, if he isn't in a gang, yet is acting like he is that is the quintessential definition of a wannabe, or a poseur if you'd rather I called him that. It makes no difference to me!

It's perfectly fine that you like that type of music, I don't.

To show no hard feelings though here's some rap!
[video=youtube_share;pXhUXAerur8]http://youtu.be/pXhUXAerur8[/video]

took a stab at adding a detent hole to my Leek this evening. The only thing that really cuts this damn blade is a frickin TILE bit. Damn, this is some good steel... I wonder what hardness they're running it at. The tile bit is too wide to drill deep enough, so the retention on the ball isn't great. It works if I snug the pivot tighter than preferred. I may take another run at it after some thought. My early conclusion is that drilling these holes are a waterjet task, obviously before heat-treat. It's hard to drill something small enough even when the steel is soft. It might be easier to drill a new hole in the side plate to mate up with the torsion bar hole in the blade, and push a ball into the new frame hole.

This is the blade marked for the detent position - I didn't take a pic after the drilling

IMG_20140827_202740-small.jpg

Also, last night I sanded and heat-treated, including one for the lefties. Tonight: bevel polishing. Those are 1" squares on the mat, btw:

IMG_20140828_222219-small.jpg

And what's this sorcery?!?!?

IMG_20140828_222416-small.jpg

These...."things" are awesome!!!!!

I would say those dashi are "cute", but they look much too sharp to be "cute"...

so far they only *look* sharp - edge comes last. They still need some sheathing. Then I'm gonna do the back-side bevel. (that's a new dance move)

If there are lyrics, I prefer to actually be able to understand them without subtitles.

Same here.

If/when human civilization as we know it descends into utter chaos, storytelling, poetry, melody and rhythms will be passed on for many generations to come, as they have been since long before written history. No matter how awesome the music behind it is, no one will remember "Blarrrrrrgghhhhhh!!!!", or give a fat flying leap at a rolling bale of barbed wire about it. Nor will "bitches an hoes, bitches and hoes" stand the test of time. :thumbdn:

I hate music. It leads to sex, drugs and bad haircuts.

You say that like it's a bad thing :confused: :p

How a person dresses and talks and acts means EVERYTHING.

I wouldn't go quite that far (some folks just don't have the resources to "show" their true colors, and many folks are a lot more subtle), but basically I agree with you. If a person presents themselves as a jerk, they're gonna be treated like a jerk.

Last edited:
On what vehicle? The slope of the windshield on the G6 is actually rather extreme.

That's probably why it never happens to me, the cars were a ram 1500 and a bmw x5. The rain-x ones work pretty good too.

Edit: I didn't read far enough too see that you use rain x wipers, as for Bosch giving you a call, I'd honestly be surprised if they did.

Anyone watching any of the pilot shows for the Amazon pilot season? I guess you help pick the next Amazon original series by watching several pilot episodes and then voting on them...

Anyway a couple of them are pretty wild... I just watched one called "Really" and im not totally sure but i think the entire thing is about a BJ.... Some funny parts though.

Another one called "Red Oaks" about a college kid having fun before summer ends... What makes it interesting so far is its set in the 80s...

Next one im about to watch is called "Hand of God" starring Ron Perlman the guy from sons of anarchy and hellboy .. I guess he is a judge that goes crazy and thinks god is wanting him to seek vigilante justice.... We shall see....

In on 46!

Watch this guy.

[video=youtube;atoBHIsZLIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atoBHIsZLIM[/video]

How a person dresses and talks and acts means EVERYTHING. I never would dress like that either, because I don't want people to judge me like that. When I walk into a job, if I walked in wearing baggy jeans that were torn up, a blue bandana tied around my head or my arm or my leg, and gold teeth people wouldn't care that I was an interpreter there to do a job, I would be asked to leave. Dressing and acting is your first impression. The first impression is the lasting impression. I'm not saying always wear a suit and tie and blah blah blah, however don't dress like a gangbanger (They are not gangsters, gangsters were from the 20's, 30's, and 40's and they had class and style!) don't act like a gangbanger, and people won't associate you with them.

Maybe it means something with thugs and gangers, but you can't always judge someone by the way they dress, especially in rural areas. I see guys all the time that look like they don't have a pot to Pxxx in and drive beater vehicles whose primary (and secondary and tertiary) source of income is NOT drugs or "music" and if you were able to check their financial statements, would be able to buy me, you, and a few others on here and never blink. They have the money but they don't flash it around. They're willing to help people and they're good people, but based on appearances alone people think they're ignorant and poor and just getting by on welfare (they think).

Just 1 example is the 80+y.o. guy who spends 8 - 12 hours per day 7 days a week raising turkeys, after working as an undercover/LEO for the State of Texas Alcholic Beverage Commission for 30 years. He raises 60,000 turkeys 6 x /year. The turkey company provides the turkeys, the food, pays the water bill, gas bill, etc. He just has to raise'm to market size. He provides the buildings, heating and cooling equipment, feeds and waters them, etc He gets paid by the live bird on delivery. He and his son work their asses off and get paid well. When they have hired help, they get paid well too. The hired help is always quitting because they don't want to work hard, they just want to get paid. (Many a story has been swapped about just how stupid the modern turkey is - Yes, they really can drown by looking up in a rain storm, they will follow other turkeys into a pond and drown just like lemmings, die if they get too cold and die if they get too hot, and when really young, too stupid to eat - they have to hand feed a bunch of them when they get new shipments in.)

When me and the wife went to Wildwood the last time there was a guy using a copter drone thing.... It was pretty cool... he landed it and let me and the wife, and others that were walking by see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back