• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

30 Days Short of 3 Years.. The Long Wait

Stating that it is unacceptable for a company to take your money and never provide ETA and then deliver the product 3 years later with some flaws = "passive aggressive beta males on bladeforums".

WOW. Just wow!

"zero ability to change"?! You are basically saying that S!K will completely ignore all these complains and keep delivering their knives 3 years later and we are supposed to consider this as normal and acceptable? I disagree. S!K have been very honest and apologetic about this issue and they stated many times that they are seeking ways to reduce the waiting time. Which is admirable and I give them credit for that. We do actually have the power to change things! And we do that by voicing our thoughts and sharing our views on a public forum. Moving on, suck it up and not saying/doing anything is a what I would call "beta male". And why the people who are not satisfied should keep it down and private? Why only positive feedback is allowed? Why only posts that fit with your agenda should be allowed? Why you bother arguing with people who are not satisfied by S!K service and calmly share their thoughts without calling anyone names like you did? To use your own words: "move on, why stress out or complain about something that you have zero ability to change". Because, unlike us you are the one dealing with something you have zero ability to change - the way people feel about their orders.
Thanks for proving my point. I do say something, I send an email, I don’t bitch in an open forum full of trolls that feed off the misery. I bet my approach gets a lot more traction then yours. Bladeforums is not customer service.

Last edited:
You're funny.. I like the way you try to bully people on the internet, call them names and act all bad-a$$ like your money means anything to anyone..

Hub
This is such an immature response. Remember you created this post, you opened yourself up to criticism. You openly attack a business on a open forum. Yep, I’m the bully...grow up

This is such an immature response. Remember you created this post, you opened yourself up to criticism. You openly attack a business on a open forum. Yep, I’m the bully...grow up

Calling people immature while you do nothing but attack people... Who needs to grow up?

You could have just ignored the thread but it was more than you could resit and had to start criticizing everyone's observations.. Fell free to ignore this and any other thread that has someones opinion in it that you don't agree with.. I am will to bet you can't.

Really? Your penchant for hypocrisy and self contradiction is ...noteworthy. Yet I find those common traits of an arrogant , judgmental individual.

The ladder goes both ways here dude. You've also opened yourself up to criticism especially since you've chosen to marginalize an individual who deposited full price on an item which took three years to deliver- without prior notice. Said item was delivered in a fashion inconstant with what he became "acclimated" to by apparent , indiscriminate fan-boy sycophants such as yourself. While no one is perfect the bar was set by others, such as fawners like you and in this and several other instances was not met. It happens.

First- he is a customer and has a right to gauge or judge service and product in any fashion he chooses, anywhere he chooses.

2nd- Given the protracted time it should be expected. If you or anyone else can't hack what amounts to fairly sedate criticism, grow up and perhaps try extending a tad bit of empathy. Though that might tax your rigid mindset

3rd- And most importantly - This is a Forum last I checked. It is also the United States where we hold Enumerated Rights. The First of which is 1A.

Here's a definition for ya :

Forum - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

For all intents and purposes that is exactly what everyone here is doing. Businesses of any kind are not sacrosanct or inviolable. That's the nature of being in business.

Next time you might consider extending a little more consideration instead of acting like an impetuous child, waxing emotional because someone tarnished your idol.

Confronting bullies especially on a FTF basis is a weakness of mine. Call it a character flaw....

ta

Last edited:
Calling people immature while you do nothing but attack people... Who needs to grow up?

You could have just ignored the thread but it was more than you could resit and had to start criticizing everyone's observations.. Fell free to ignore this and any other thread that has someones opinion in it that you don't agree with.. I am will to bet you can't.
Again you open criticize and “bully” a business and call it observations. Then my opinion of the you is invalid because you say so...? The door swings both ways fella. When I feel something is wrong or someone such as yourself makes a post fueling the trolls. I’m going to say something. I no longer will allow the vocal minority to bully the Survive! bladeforums page. A very large portion on the Survive! Fans stopped coming and commenting because of people like you. If you have a problem, be a man and contact Survive directly.

Survive! should be renamed to "get out!".. like as in, get your money and run!!! Three years for 100% upfront is beyond an absurd time. I got out at 1.5 years(waiting) and will never go back no matter what. There is NO sustainable business that operates that way.. none... Knowing that, if YOU Don't do a refund past this point in time it's really just blatant "Caveat Emptor" The SK! HODLer (hold on for dear life) bears some blame if they end up getting screwed. SK! gets some props for not filing bankruptcy and closing shop. As crazy and backwards as that may sound.

Really? Your penchant for hypocrisy and self contradiction is ...noteworthy. Yet I find those common traits of an arrogant , judgmental individual.

The ladder does both ways here dude. You've also opened yourself up to criticism especially since you've chosen to marginalize an individual who deposited full price on an item which took three years to deliver- without prior notice. Said item was delivered in a fashion inconstant with what he became "acclimated" to by apparent , indiscriminate fan-boy sycophants such as yourself. While no one is perfect the bar was set by others, such as fawners like you and in this and several other instances was not met. It happens.

First- he is a customer and has a right to gauge or judge service and product in any fashion he chooses, anywhere he chooses.

2nd- Given the protracted time it should be expected. If you or anyone else can't hack what amounts to fairly sedate criticism, grow up and perhaps try extending a tad bit of empathy. Though that might tax your rigid mindset

3rd- And most importantly - This is a Forum last I checked. It is also the United States where we hold Enumerated Rights. The First of which is 1A.

Here's a definition for ya :

Forum - a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

For all intents and purposes that is exactly what everyone here is doing. Businesses of any kind are not sacrosanct or inviolable. That's the nature of being in business.

Next time you might consider extending a little more consideration instead of acting like an impetuous child, waxing emotional because someone tarnished your idol.

Confronting bullies especially on a FTF basis is a weakness of mine. Call it a character flaw....

ta
Just so ya know, mr '1A'... 'Rights' dont exist on private property. What you say here in this 'forum' is not subject to '1A' anything. Your speech is either allowable by community standards or it isn't. This '1A' entitlement crap being thrown around by clueless, sentient clothing displays is no longer amusing.

I hear that three years is the (current) longest wait on SK! knives. But they are no longer taking orders that should interfere with their backlogged production correct? The question is, at what point does the longest lead time SHRINK instead of Grow. As far back as I can remember 4+ years ago, 1rst, preorder lead times have been consistently growing longer and longer (to the point they are now at 3 years). You would Think it "should" start shrinking since they are not taking new orders.... If it doesn't, it that would seem to signal a sure path to insolvency. I realize this of course is difficult to predict without us being privy to the order numbers for the various past orders -

Just so ya know, mr '1A'... 'Rights' dont exist on private property. What you say here in this 'forum' is not subject to '1A' anything. Your speech is either allowable by community standards or it isn't. This '1A' entitlement crap being thrown around by clueless, sentient clothing displays is no longer amusing.

Thank you for sharing that priceless point of erudition .... Yes I get your point , in ridiculously simple terms you're in the ballpark. Although I'm "amused" to use your term that the relevance and context of my language sailed miles over your head...
Enjoy the bliss....

Edit: FYI not to split hairs by casting pearls so to speak, but in strict legalize you're dead wrong in certain instances. Disregarding or violating certain people's rights on private property have resulted in change of ownership in that property- more than once. Yet again I get what you think you meant...

Last edited:
Bottom line here is that your the customer and if you ain't happy the maker or seller shouldn't be happy. For the life of me though I wouldn't wait 3 years for anything on this earth. NOTHING. I also wouldn't pay the price for folks are getting for the knives either. Its a knife, not a magic wand. Good luck sorting everything out. Truth be told I don't really understand any of it. You ain't happy send it back and get your money back or sell it on the secondary market. keepem sharp

I knew you could not let it go... Thanks for proving my point.

Again you open criticize and “bully” a business and call it observations. Then my opinion of the you is invalid because you say so...? The door swings both ways fella.

How exactly did I bully Survive? Because I came onto a public forum and pointed out issues with a knife and told the truth about a 3 year wait for something I paid upfront for? Are these issues made up? Starting to see your logic now.

When I feel something is wrong or someone such as yourself makes a post fueling the trolls. I’m going to say something. I no longer will allow the vocal minority to bully the Survive! bladeforums page.

I get that you love Survive and probably think they can do no wrong and that is pretty unfortunate. Maybe they can send you a free knife for attacking people on the internet and defending them for customers showing issues with a knife. No matter how you spin it there was never any intention to "bully" a business and just posting experiences and observations. if this is such an issue for you maybe you should look long and hard at the business you are defending here. Fueling Trolls? Who fired off the name calling posts and being critical about what I did not like about the knife?

A very large portion on the Survive! Fans stopped coming and commenting because of people like you. If you have a problem, be a man and contact Survive directly.

NO it is more likely that people quit coming to this forum because of people like you. Can't put an honest opinion post on here without getting attacked by people like you. Show me one single thing I lied about in any of my posts. Contacting Survive directly gets you the shallow apology and an offer for a refund. I have stated my position on a refund in an earlier post.

Hub

Just a word of caution..
You have to be very careful on anything that even smells of a personal insult much less personal attacks on BladeForums, because Mods can and will lock a thread. This locks out everyone including the civil people, valid points, and shuts down and buries the topic. Shills for SK! know this and have used it to to get threads shut down that criticize SK! So don't take the troll bait. Keep it fresh, keep it civil and avoid direct confrontation that is bait designed to get the thread locked.

Last edited:
You are correct, very astute observation. "Shill" is a good moniker along with a few other ones . These self appointed crusaders for Survive and a few others are militant in their defense and seem to be stricken with a curious duty to rush to the defense of an entity that is frankly indefensible except in the most hyper emotional sense.

This one individual in this thread exhibits the rabid behavior of just that kind of SJW -Social Justice Warrior and it's a head scratcher. Especially when stating something to the effect "I'm not going to let you "bully"...... Survive or name your idol all the while exhibiting that very behavior with no justification at all.

At least other individuals have a valid point after 2-3 Years! and not receiving a perfect item which the SJW's themselves hyped up in the first place

I see both sides and I'm not a troll. I own 4 of these knives and may buy more IF they get their act together, just not until.

Bottom line is all or at least most criticism is fair and it is instigated by the business model of the principle or principles themselves. Never seen anything like it.

Every thief has their apologist, every shady knife company has their shills.

There is nothing else for it.

It is inescapable.

The proof is in this thread.

I received 2 -4.1 seconds on 4/2/2018 that i ordered in may 2017.... I’ve waited longer and shorter for some Busse’s.... I’m not an expert or critic but the knives look beautiful to me..FC9E034B-04B3-41EE-9501-310DA9990B5B.jpeg0555FC0F-40BC-4FE4-9166-B3A96A246651.jpeg

they sent out some new business news today also...

I have the same knife.. No complaints, very nice!
I did a second which was (only) several months to get. The seconds were going out in months where the 1st/preorders are taking years..(up to 3 years) at this point. I could have ordered a second 7/7 a year after my 7/7 pre-order and gotten the second way before the preorder.. That has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. The consensus seems to be the seconds "should" be put aside and not worked on until the 1rsts are done. However the opposite seems to happen which has even led to some conspiracy theories of SK! reselling 1rsts knives already purchased as seconds. That would be unethical at best, and such a serious allegation that without direct proof I (personally) am neutral on the matter. Others however are convinced that flawless 2nd's is all the proof they need. Either way, it's a touchy issue and a good argument why SK should NOT be doing 2nds before 1rsts as to avoid such appearances of improprieties.

As far as the "big news".. which is the company moving (again) and trying to put more processes under one roof. I think that is great! And yet (sadly), with all due respect SK! gets ABSOLUTELY ZERO and I mean Z E R O credibility or benefit of doubt at the advertised claim of that move as something that will improve it's backlog. They flat out have pissed away any credibility in that department whatsoever. I say that because they have already made so many past moves and changes and advertised and hyped up those moves and changes as improving backlogs while the opposite happened. Survive! has ZERO business promoting any changes, moves as a known, ie... " Benefits include Shorter Lead Times". They are so far beyond the "show us don't tell us" line of proof it is cringe-worthy. It's perfectly legit to promote those changes/moves as a proactive effort to improve backlogs - but any hint whatsoever of selling it as "this will fix things' ... Oh helllllll no!!!! don't even bring that line up guys.

Last edited:
One thing that I think Survive could do to reassure fans and skeptics alike would be to provide transparency in the form of hard numbers. I realize it wouldn't be realistic to ask for precise, up to the second numbers, but regular updates on the rough number of backorders that are still waiting and the number of knives being sent out per batch to address those backorders would go a long way to demonstrate the problem was shrinking, not growing and that they were, indeed, working to resolve their issues.

Back