#35 Beer and Sausage Bar Tool Knife

The wax I use is called Herban Lifestyle Mustache Pomade. It’s more of a paste but dries very stiff. Unfortunately the company went out of business. I was able to stock up before they closed, but I’m on my last jar. Not sure what I’ll use when I run out.

I’m realizing why the 35 is such a popular pattern. It’s a nice size and make for a very nice knife.

I highly suggest Honest Amish beard balm.
It’s really good stuff and all natural. I use it in my beard and my head hair.

1- with all the close up pics if you’re guys faces I find myself quickly scrolling through while in public. Just seems weird. :confused:

2- I must have just been lucky with my walk and talk on mine. The micarta feels the best overall, very snappy. Ebony right behind it. Neither or weak or floppy like described above.
I got the jig bone in the mail yesterday but got home late. I did open her up and it felt very gritty- so reserving my opinion on that one until it gets a mineral oil flush.

For everyone who has given negative feedback on the blade w/t, did you flush them out yet ?
I got a beautiful jig bone radio jack last year that was NIT and never used. It felt horrible - after a mineral oil flush it was fantastic.

Not worried about the comb closing on my fingers. ;) The spring just has to keep it closed, it seems more than capable of that.

Grave b4 shave, vanilla cigar.

CSGlXIf.jpg

I absolutely couldn’t be happier with these guys. Each one is a gorgeous example of the run:

C8852978-E1-C0-4-E44-8-A51-391069094103.jpg
That’s a great photo. I’ll admit my first reaction to these was negative but I still reserved an autumn bone, and I’ve waited with increasing impatience really enjoying this thread. Rarely seen a knife stir up so much controversy and enthusiasm, but now, like a flash, mine is on the way just in time for my birthday and next brewery trip.

I absolutely couldn’t be happier with these guys. Each one is a gorgeous example of the run:

Excellent picture. That jigged bone sure is beau of the ball. Each tool you have displayed on those fits that particular cover the best as well. I cant get out of my head how that ebony looks to fit right in at a barbershop.

Gec sure came out with this at the right time. Sausage and beer for Oktoberfest. The comb for fixing your beard from the mask. Also with people having to do haircuts at home, this comb looks useful for trimming the ends.

Just had a funny observation, every tool shown, if used as intended, the shield is upside down ;) When I checked my Beavertail 97, the shield is right-side up in use... just an observation, mind you, wonder if that was part of the plan, or a coincidence?

I highly suggest Honest Amish beard balm.
It’s really good stuff and all natural. I use it in my beard and my head hair.
I’ll check it out. Thanks.

It’s going to be gross when people start posting pictures of the patina on their combs.

Not worried about the comb closing on my fingers. ;) The spring just has to keep it closed, it seems more than capable of that.

Grave b4 shave, vanilla cigar.

CSGlXIf.jpg
I think the half stop on the comb is very dangerous. It’s so jerky I almost combed a knuckle hair when I was opening it. :D I’m kidding. Just giving the “half stops are dangerous” people a hard time.

I love new knife Saturday’s and today was not disappointing! Jigged came and of the three I had it’s my favorite. Unlike the others this one needed a through mineral oil bath too much grit.View attachment 1426478 Put the snap back in all three tools. The color on these from what I can tell from mine and all the other pics is phenomenal! Keeper!

Last edited:
Just had a funny observation, every tool shown, if used as intended, the shield is upside down ;) When I checked my Beavertail 97, the shield is right-side up in use... just an observation, mind you, wonder if that was part of the plan, or a coincidence?

I believe it is the beavertail that is in the minority.

I believe it is the beavertail that is in the minority.
Funny, I had a similar thought after posting, I'll have too look at the Beer Scout and see where that one lies... also, something I never really thought about before.

edit: and there you are right! The beer scouts are the same as the B&S knives.

Funny, I had a similar thought after posting, I'll have too look at the Beer Scout and see where that one lies... also, something I never really thought about before.

edit: and there you are right! The beer scouts are the same as the B&S knives.
I personally like upside down shields, I guess, if that makes sense. For those more versed than myself, I ask for some clarification on why directionally determined shields are placed one way, or the other.

I personally like upside down shields, I guess, if that makes sense. For those more versed than myself, I ask for some clarification on why directionally determined shields are placed one way, or the other.
In a way, it makes them more photogenic. Again, it's not something that even crossed my mind before, looking at the three knives pictured something just clicked in my brain... I wonder if there is some sort of precedence regarding this? I'll have to look at some Shatt & Morgans and see how they were done.

Back