4-max feedback

opgenorf

Gold Member
Removing my content this sub forum. Enjoy your 4-max knives guys.

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a QC issue, more like someone from the place where he bought it may have handled it. Dinged edge, pocket clip wear....etc....

Why, in any version of reality, would CS customer service get back to you, about a video, you randomly found on the internet, of a knife you don't own?

Lol some jackass in the comments section said "typical cold steel" When has CS ever disappointed on the out of the box edge on their knives? Actually he said that because it looks used, again I say, when TF?

Hey,

I tried contacting CS customer support but didn't hear back. I thought I'd share this here so your team can take care of this. It seems there was a negative experience for one customer that recently received their pre-ordered 4max.

Appears there was some QC issues. Hope this helps.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6m0lLO9SJbw

Admins feel free to delete if against any rules, just trying to help out CS

Sorry I completely ignored everything but the video at first. That being said, are you freaking kidding me with this line? You sound like one of those passive aggressive CS haters. "Oh I exposed a possible cold steel flaw in their most prized knife, let me post it and see if they get butthurt and take it down"

"tried to contact CS customer service but didn't hear back" Customer service services the customer, and that doesn't appear to be you. Hope this helps.

I see you mah boi, I see you.

Oh look, a wimpy attempt to stir up drama poorly disguised as some kind of good samaritan service announcement. :thumbdn:

I understand why someone would post a video about this, it's not a problem imo, he was right to be bummed. But woah...... Look at the comment section, so much blind hate towards CS. Like the haters have been waiting for this kind of video then jumped in and feast on. It's doesn't help that this guy is quite popular on YouTube knife community.

Its really weird that a rather well known knife reviewer on youtube ,coincidentally, gets a worn out knife from CS...a knife that is the new flagship folder of CS. Its almost like the person
who stored this knife knew who it was going to and deliberately did a swap with a used one. But who knows maybe i should just wear my tinfoil hat

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I doubt there was any messing around done with the knife or any sort of conspiracy. He claims to have bought it from Knife Works. Roger at Knife Works is one of the most stand-up dudes you'll ever encounter. Most likely it was a bad apple that slipped through the QC process at whatever factory is making them. Stuff happens. It's not like we're talking about some kind of horrible, fatal structural flaw with the knife or anything; it's a dinged edge and a few marks on the pocket clip. As he himself said, it's more an annoyance than anything else. I have no doubt Roger will take care of XIUXIU, should he decide to get a replacement. :thumbup:

Where he bought that knife? I heard about issues with amazon - they sent previously used knives as new from box.

I thought the vid was a little silly from a "reviewer". This knife is not exactly a display shelf or safe queen type of thing. A couple small scratches on the clip seemed like an odd worry for a working knife. The edge may warrant a return trip, but I've had to sharpen my share of nice knives right out of the box. It's a choice....go without a while longer to have someone else re-run the edge, or do it myself. But I'm of the opinion that my own first sharpening brings out the better edge anyway, compared to an electric grinder that the factory uses.

But someone may have to school me a little on the steel. It is a big knife, but does that amount of 20cv turn a $200 knife into a $600 knife? That's one I just did not get. I've heard people say they pre-ordered straight from CS at full retail, just to make sure they got one of the first batch. What am I missing?

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Just to reiterate guys, it's $350 not 600!
Gosh, why do I feel like when it comes to CS producing higher quality more expensive knife, people keep ignoring the fact that it's MSRP. Not sure if it's just non-knife people being ignorant or people using that for another excuse to troll the general public.

Just to reiterate guys, it's $350 not 600!
Gosh, why do I feel like when it comes to CS producing higher quality more expensive knife, people keep ignoring the fact that it's MSRP. Not sure if it's just non-knife people being ignorant or people using that for another excuse to troll the general public.

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but just in case.... Didn't mean to sound like a troll, if that was how my comment was taken, I apologize. I'm not familiar with that blade steel, that's why I asked the question. And as to the price, the CS website lists this knife at $599.99 retail. I understand there are "street prices" out there. But often pre order items tend to run closer to msrp if the dealers possibly can, and still compete.

One of the forum threads (or was it a YouTube vid) that I saw last week, the guy mentioned specifically that he ordered direct from CS and paid full retail, just to ensure he received in one of the first shipments. So yes, I was talking about a $600 knife, not $350. YMMV. Ultimately street prices usually land right at MAP (if in place).

Not sure if this was directed at me or not, but just in case.... Didn't mean to sound like a troll, if that was how my comment was taken, I apologize. I'm not familiar with that blade steel, that's why I asked the question. And as to the price, the CS website lists this knife at $599.99 retail. I understand there are "street prices" out there. But often pre order items tend to run closer to msrp if the dealers possibly can, and still compete.

One of the forum threads (or was it a YouTube vid) that I saw last week, the guy mentioned specifically that he ordered direct from CS and paid full retail, just to ensure he received in one of the first shipments. So yes, I was talking about a $600 knife, not $350. YMMV. Ultimately street prices usually land right at MAP (if in place).

Nah man it wasn't directed at you. I've been following online discussions on 4 Max and I constantly see "nah im not gonna pay $600 for that piece of junk blah blah blah". The price seems to get the most complain while people has no problem paying $500 for a strider. The general idea from those people is that just because it's cold steel it's not worth even $350.

Last edited:
Back