4-max feedback

Well, you try to be helpful and get that kind of response. I've been a forum member for a while. And owned more CS knives than any other brand. In fact I have this very knife on preorder!

Think as you will but I couldn't give a rats butt your opinion.

You gota admit its kind of weird to call CS about someone else's video and someone else's knife...what did you expect from them?

Just look at the effin grind on thag knife. Forget all the scratches and how the edge was from the factory. The main blasphemy of that knife is how the base of the edge meets the plunge. It curves down and thickens. How pathetic.

I just watched the video.
This is VERY surprising to me.
Each of those knives is hand-sharpened and the QC is incredibly high.
The reviewer should call our team directly (toll free) at 800-255-4716
Our crew will be able to help out

I thought the vid was a little silly from a "reviewer". This knife is not exactly a display shelf or safe queen type of thing. A couple small scratches on the clip seemed like an odd worry for a working knife. The edge may warrant a return trip, but I've had to sharpen my share of nice knives right out of the box. It's a choice....go without a while longer to have someone else re-run the edge, or do it myself. But I'm of the opinion that my own first sharpening brings out the better edge anyway, compared to an electric grinder that the factory uses.

But someone may have to school me a little on the steel. It is a big knife, but does that amount of 20cv turn a $200 knife into a $600 knife? That's one I just did not get. I've heard people say they pre-ordered straight from CS at full retail, just to make sure they got one of the first batch. What am I missing?

I paid $350 for mine, and it was WELL worth that. Besides the steel, the fit and finish is exceptional, the G10 is nicely finished, but most of all the knife is incredibly sturdy. I think it is the only knife I've ever owned, including customs, that I can't muscle at least a tiny bit of bladeplay. Rock solid. I would not pay $600 or even $350 for a Ti framelock, but for a high quality Triad lock, yes please.

Last edited:
I just watched the video.
This is VERY surprising to me.
Each of those knives is hand-sharpened and the QC is incredibly high.
The reviewer should call our team directly (toll free) at 800-255-4716
Our crew will be able to help out

Really now?!?!?! if it's so much quality then why does the base of the edge curves down?

As I said, this is very surprising to me. It is certainly not normal and I have no idea how this blade reached a customer's hands in that condition.
Without having the knife in hand it is pure speculation. I would highly recommend getting the knife back to us for a detailed evaluation and review.
I am sure that our team will be able to help
All I can do is apologize, but I can't offer any explanation without more info.
Thanks

Well crap, I pulled out the Ultimate Hunter for the long weekend. Now I really want to get my hands on one of these monsters. I thought the Ultimate was a solid beast, now I see these pictures (in another 4Max thread) showing the Ultimate next to the 4Max....not going to be good on my wallet. [emoji56]

••••••••••••••••••••
People are Strange, When You're a Stranger....

(I had originally posted this a few days back in another thread, decided to move it over here)

Just received mine this afternoon (ordered it on 1/24/15) after a year-and-a-half wait (!)

First impressions are good....man, this thing is a BRUTE ! Far more substantial than any of my Zero Tolerance knives, it seems aimed more towards the Crusader Forge/ Medford end of the spectrum. Fit and finish are excellent, all edges properly contoured for a good ergonomic hand fit, grips have just enough texture on them for their intended use. Blade steel has a very tough-looking finish, under 8x magnification looks more like a Sleipner/Bohler product rather than any S30V or S35V that I have previously seen....edge sharpness is very good right out of the box.
Clip is simple, with excellent retention. Looks like it can be flipped to the other side for left-hand (albeit tip-up only) carry.

So, to sum it up, this is a BIG, tough, heavy-duty working knife, looks like it will perform any task you demand of it....

P.S.: I can feel Andy Demko`s influence ALL OVER this knife....IMHO, the Triad lock blows all other locking systems right into the weeds....it`s a beast of a lock that compliments this knife perfectly.

You're joking, right? A $400 knife should not come with the problems seen in the video. It should come new, as advertised, from the manufacturer. We should not accept anything less.

You gota admit its kind of weird to call CS about someone else's video and someone else's knife...what did you expect from them?[/QUOTE
Got a point there. More just trying to keep them apprised. Imagine you are releasing a high end line and it's the first foray into the market... And you get a video like that... From someone who does a lot of buying....

It can impact the result. I'd sooner have them address it then continue to put out high end stuff.

Just got notification that mine arrives next Wednesday! Either way let's see. For a first release the 4max was an awesome choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, mine came with a pretty bad wire edge and some very minute chips in the last third of the blade. Not enough to reject the piece, but maybe there is an issue with initial sharpening, though the prelminary sampling of this issue is still small, I suppose.

I've always had the suspicion that the first sharpening (after factory), produces a much better edge, on good, hard, and hardworking intended knives. But that is not optimum for knife flippers, or those intended as safe queens. Not an excuse for the recent reports. But I've had my share of expensive blades that needed a bit of "love" out of the box. [emoji56]

True...I've had much much worse factory edges.

Other tidbits:
True weight: 10.1 ounces
True open length: 10.125inches.
The pocket clip bolts are under tension, and can be tricky to remove. I had to adjust the clip, so it isn't so tight against the handle (personal preference, I like the clip to just touch, or have a MM of clearance).
The tip sticks out just a hair from the handle when closed. Not an issue, but it shows max blade size to handle ratio.
No sticky tri-ad lock. As smooth as my custom Demko.
Handles are smooth, no rough surfaces. Tolerances around the frame are tight, no gaps at all. All handle contours match the frame contours.
Blade grind lines are even. But blade came with several minute chips in the edge.
Lockup is solid, no blade play in any direction. Blade opens smoothly with moderate thumb pressure from either thumb. Knife is lefty friendly.
Overall, it is a beast. Huge folder....

Last edited:
Got my first preorder in and it was stellar!! Not a single issue or problem and as expected. Second one and it's my keeper comes in today. Pocketing tonight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine today. the blade grind is uneven and thick and micro small chips. Why is the the hell CS would CS use 20CV with this type of grind....

Well I got two in the mail instead of one. Second preorder and one I bought from a retailer. Looks like the one from the retailer is missing body screws. I mean everything else was spot on but the body screws which C might be kind of important

Back