4-Max?! USA Made, CPM-20CV, Cold Steel?! This can't be happening!

Pre-order mine at the knifecenter, besides my black sable this has to be on the top three by cold steel , can't wait.

Your Point 4 is of course an evitable result of Points 1 and 2. Your Point 3 however is highly subjective, there is nothing automatically AWESOME about a knife made in the US ,the laughable quality control of Emerson knives proves that. Get used to Point 4, the steel snob nerds have had their way with Cold Steel. [ LT you should have taken the Viking Axe to those little weenies]
Do you think Cold Steel should have stuck to the AUS8 steel instead?
Many other models are coming out with the CTS XHP.
Also a bit more expensive.

I have to say that I do like Cold Steel folding knives a lot.
The Tri-Ad Lock is awesome .
:thumbup:

Definitely excited about the 4-MAX. Looks very sweet! Wish the G10 was a different color but that's pretty minor. The Ultimate Hunter in XHP that they are coming out with looks great too.

A production knife that's as close a possible to a Demko custom is great! I just wish the blade were half an inch longer or the handle half an inch shorter.

3: USA Made. Yep that's right, in bold letters it says "100% made in the USA". I don't keep up with Cold Steel to much, but I believe this is their first 100% USA made knife. Which is AWESOME!

Their old Carbon V blades were made in USA by Camillus.

I just placed my preorder at knife center. I've never been a cold steel guy but I love Demko designs and this seems like a great deal all things considered. I'm wondering when we can expect to see these hit shelves. I'd be interested in hearing from a Cold Steel rep if they don't mind shedding some light on ETA :D

I'm wondering when we can expect to see these hit shelves. I'd be interested in hearing from a Cold Steel rep if they don't mind shedding some light on ETA :D

I don't have a release date on this knife yet. Possibly May / June.
As soon as I know more I'll give you a better answer :)
Thanks

I don't have a release date on this knife yet. Possibly May / June.
As soon as I know more I'll give you a better answer :)
Thanks

Thanks for the quick feedback! Much appreciated. Im really excited for this one. I really love Cold Steel's direction this year.

It's for sure my favorite knife of the year.
Love this thing! I'm excited to see it released!
2015 is going to be fun!

It's for sure my favorite knife of the year.
Love this thing! I'm excited to see it released!
2015 is going to be fun!

I saw in a previous thread that you said how the 4-max is being made is a secret for the time being, is that still the case? Who is Cold Steel using for the OEM for the 4-max?

I think it is a good idea. I am not a custom or even semi-custom person, but I know there are many who want a Demko. I have heard that they are tough to find. Poor Emerson.

I've seen it at mid $300-ish, sounds ok considering what other brands cost.

Oh yeah baby! I like the look of this knife! :eek:
Going on my "WANT" list!!! :thumbup:

Come on May-June 2015!!! :D

This will be my first mid tech or in other words knife over $200. Long time CS fan and I am absolutely enamored with this knife. Started saving money as soon as I saw it. Love the new direction of better steel selection from CS.

Dear Lord. This Knife will instantly make every other "hard use" "operator" type folding knife (that is not a Demko Custom) inferior and irrelevant, except to their perspective fan boys.

My AD-10 is a beast. This one is comparable to the AD-12 from what I understand. It'll be a MONSTER!!!

Back