52100 KW Exclusive Manix

Petunia D. Feeble

I once waved at Stevie Wonder…
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Anyone else have one? I love the color combination and steel.

I've wanted a 52100 Spydie for some time, but didn't like the CF handles it seemed to always be paired with. Bought this as soon as I became aware of it. Loving it so far. Also my first g10 Manix 2.

20180310_141252.jpg

I'd probably jump on this if it weren't a coated blade. But I bet will be a nice performer.

I don't blame you for wanting a 52100 Spyderco...or for passing on the peel ply carbon fiber. I was in the same boat.

That's why my 52100 PM2 sports bone scales. (I don't think I even knew this option was coming...but I've put a heavy restriction on knife purchases for this year; so I'm not sure about grabbing one).

Last edited:
I’m seriously considering getting this one as well, really like the color combo. There’s a long discussion about it over on Spyderco’s forum, can’t find it now but I remember I searched knife works Manix 2 52100 and found the thread.

Do people generally like the 52100 steel?

Last edited:
I have a 52100 PM2 so I will pass on this but the G10 Manix is one of my favorite knives so I know you won't be disappointed.

The gray G10 scales and DLC blade give this Manix a stealth look, the tool steel blade is also a nice separator from other Manix's

I think I have to have this knife. I have other things to buy, like insurance, at the moment, but if it is available when I have recovered from those things then I will get one.

It is surely a good looking knife. Thought about buying one, but then I have already bought a BHQ DLC M4 jade Manix 2, which I think has better steel and similar scales.

I would think DLC would be an advantage to any high carbon steel prone to rust. I even like it on my Recon 1 and American Lawman in CTS-XHP.

I've found that I like the Military best for a work knife and I'm scaling back on the Manix2's.
I've got Cruwear and S110V Manix2's and S90V in the XL.
Got the 52100 Millie and I'm good with that.

I would think DLC would be an advantage to any high carbon steel prone to rust. I even like it on my Recon 1 and American Lawman in CTS-XHP.

It’s been brought up in other threads that dlc doesn’t make any difference to corrosion resistance.

It’s been brought up in other threads that dlc doesn’t make any difference to corrosion resistance.
It doesn’t? ..that’s actually a big part of the reason I got this one(I also have the pm2 uncoated). Slap some micarta scales on there and you got a mean outdoors whittling knife that takes a super keen edge and great ergos for detail carving. DLC to protect it from water.

Does it not really make a difference? :eek:

Ready for a back lock Manix 2 sprint any time now. 52100 would be amazing lol. I just don’t like the CBBL and all the excess jimping

I’m fairly certain DLC provides a margin of protection over bare steel. Obviously the edge and exposed steel are prone to rust.

Do people generally like the 52100 steel?

I've been carrying my PM2 in 52100 for the last couple weeks and really like it. It does need to be touched up more frequently than I'm used to if you want to keep it crazy sharp but it's nice it takes no time at all to get very sharp. I'm also cutting mostly fruit and don't wash the blade off right away so I believe most of the lack of edge retention is due to the patina but I like experimenting with it. I think of it as being on the opposite end of the steel spectrum from steels like S110V.

Back