52100 KW Exclusive Manix

Almost every image I've posted in the past 4 years has been from an iPhone, so you might be surprised what you can do. ;)

I actually passed on the 52100/CF PM2 because of this Manix. :eek:

C'mon, can't you indulge my lazy side? :p

Passing up the PM2? That's saying something. Though, truth to tell, I wasn't particularly wild about the peel ply carbon fiber, if that's what it featured. I liked the grippiness fine, I didn't care for the boxy feel in hand.
Different strokes and all that.

OK Blues Blues , how do you like it?

How'd I know you'd be standing at the window peeking in? :rolleyes:

Yeah, I like it. Nice solid build. Like the milled black liners and accents. The gray is just right.

Fits the hand well, lock is easy to manipulate and at 4 1/4 oz it only weighs between 3/8 and 1/2 oz more than my PM2s according to the digital scale. I can't feel the difference in weight when holding them.

Fit and finish seems pretty much spot on. Well centered blade and nice finish on the DLC. Edge is good...not quite as good as a couple other recent Spyderco purchases, but not far off. Probably just needs a light stropping or just a kiss at 15* on the ultra-fine Sharpmaker rods. Definitely doesn't need a full sharpening imho.

It's a keeper. And it's a perfect match for my Batman Underoos. :cool:

Just checked...bevel exceeds the 15* setting on the Sharpmaker. Gonna have to settle for 20* for a quick touch-up. I'll worry about thinning things out down the road if need be.

SpyderPhreak SpyderPhreak

Manix_2_52100_Glock.jpg

I got one of these the day they were originally released and it's still my most carried Manix 2. Love the discreet color of the scales.

I got one of these the day they were originally released and it's still my most carried Manix 2. Love the discreet color of the scales.

How's it held up in use for you?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. But I just picked up another one of these two days ago. It will he here Thursday. I loved my last one and not really sure why I sold it.

Are any of you still carrying/using these? If so, how has the steel held up? I remember loving the 52100 during the time I owned my last one.

I sold my KW 52100 Manix 2 Also, Regret doing so. I've been using the Para 3 CF 52100 and absolutely love the steel. Tried the patina "thing" and didn't care for it, So I buffed it off and just maintain with EDCI. 2020-09-04 10.25.35.jpg 2020-09-04 10.25.53.jpg

Are any of you still carrying/using these? If so, how has the steel held up? I remember loving the 52100 during the time I owned my last one.

Sure am. The steel’s held up great.:)

Takes a scalpel like edge, but I guess you already know that.:thumbsup:

Pl9AOIn.jpg

Pictured with its Cruwear sibling.

Still loving on mine. :D 52100, though a relatively "simple" steel, is still among my favorites. Very easy to get screamin' sharp, and holds that edge nicely. Though it will patina, I generally don't have trouble with 52100 rusting, but I do live in a pretty dry climate.

And Blues Blues , I eventually picked up that 52100/CF PM2 on the secondary market here. :)

Loving this thing. I forgot how big it is! I’ve been living in delica4 land for awhile. I used to never think the Manix was large. Haha

npecejk.jpg

Back