#78 American Jack

Thank you, DelOro! I was telling Roger at Maher&Grosh that I was on the fence about the cocobolo covers version, but he told me that he had a really nice one that had great contrasting figural covers on both the mark and pile sides, I trusted and he was right!!

Are there any single blade American Jacks still available out there from dealers or are these all pretty much gone by now? I've found the 2 blade version but have been striking out on the single so far.... Prefer the tidioute if possible

78 Pages for the 78 Thread!

Sorry Tyd, I think the singles are all gone from dealers now but they show up often in the exchange for reasonable prices and are well worth the money, I think I paid $65 for my cocobolonsingle on here and it became my favorite.

Reactions: mb>
It’s a really fine piece of pocket cutlery, Moto! Let us know what your impressions are. Hey Logan, that is a sweet knife! I really liked it when I first saw it! Probably why I bought one of the Kifer tortoise #78s over the weekend!

And then I went and bought this one over the weekend. Number 14 off the line!
Kifer SFO looks sweet in the Tortoise acrylic covers, but will I use it? Man, that is the hard question!:rolleyes:

Man those look great!

I was considering but on the fence about getting one for a long time. I got to meet Gary at least year's Rendezvous.

However, I don't really want to get the whole set. That's all that's left now right, the gift set?

78 Pages for the 78 Thread!

Sorry Tyd, I think the singles are all gone from dealers now but they show up often in the exchange for reasonable prices and are well worth the money, I think I paid $65 for my cocobolonsingle on here and it became my favorite.

They look to me like an improved version of the Indian River Jack

In on page 78. :cool:

f1iEPjul.jpg

My 78 in cocobolo has become my favorite knife. I love the looks of my ebony version but the nail nick is easier to use. The cocobolo doesn't look bad either. A great knife to EDC.

Very nice herd, Mark! You're one of those I was speaking of, Mark. You say heavy pull? Music to my ears!

Thanks, Perry!!
Nice heavy pull, but very smooth and silky walk and talk!! Just right.
I wanted the Tortoise but it never came about. Great looking acrylic though, isn't it?

I hope it will be, Mark! I won't have it in my hands till Thursday. Paid a premium for it but time will tell.
I don't think there were but 100 made. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. This is what I get for being off the forums for the past two years!

Happy to get in on page 78, hard to believe that this is just half of the variations from this fantastic run, and just the singles at that. I hope to see more of these in the future, maybe a fat match strike spear like the 85's, that'd be a slim beast, or a dramatic clip, or a monster sheepsfoot! I'd be a happy camper if the fine folks at GEC fashioned future runs of 78's after the variety and popularity of the 15's. Long live the 78!

8Ltmk9e.jpg

Last edited:
Back