940 Picture Thread: Show us those 940s!!

Hi everyone, I'm definitely late the 940/943 party. Recently acquired two, the 940-1 and 943, and thoroughly enjoying their size and form for practical EDC.

The titanium models really peaked my interest. When was the last run of those? What's the likelihood of another limited or dealer exclusive run of those?

I've had my 940-1501 for only a couple of days and it's already my favorite. I ordered it as a birthday present to myself last week and it came really quick from Knifeworks. I ordered it on my birthday (17th) and the next day the price dropped by 10%. I sent them an email to see if they would refund the difference. I didn't hear from them last week so I figured they weren't going to but this morning I got an email that they would so that was a nice surprise.

I got an email from MidwayUSA for special birthday pricing on their site and decided to see if they had any Benchmade knives. The had the 940-2 for $114!!! The 940-1501 is almost too pretty to abuse so I ordered the 940-2 as a user (and because I have no self control). I just looked again and it's out of stock and the price is back up to $170 but I'm sure it wasn't a b-day price as all other knives were priced comparably to other places online.

And since this is a picture thread...
rAVOABH.jpg

Benchmade should make a 940 Junior with a 2.99” blade length since it’s legal in more places.

I'd keep the blade and handle thicknesses and widths the same and just shrink the lengths.
There's a thread on here titled When is the mini 940 coming out

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure those are aftermarket scales. I have a 940-2 coming tomorrow and expect the scales to be smooth like my 940-1501. I'll need to get some blue or red stand offs. I'm not a fan of green.

Wow, nice texturing on the 940-2. Mine was balder than a billiard ball when I got it. Ah well, I still love her anyway.

I'm pretty sure those are aftermarket scales. I have a 940-2 coming tomorrow and expect the scales to be smooth like my 940-1501. I'll need to get some blue or red stand offs. I'm not a fan of green.

They are indeed aftermarket scales, made for me by deathofallthings/deathgripscales.
I wanted some 940 scales with grip, and he delivered in spades. I carry it often.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, does anyone here know of a reputable source where one could purchase silver screws and pivot hardware for a 940-2? So far I’ve only been able to find them on eBay and I’m not all that kosher with that site.

On topic:
PWzrqJJ.jpg

This keeps kicking the Adamas out of my pocket to the point where I feel bad
Maybe give BKC a call on Monday to see if they'll send you some screws? I've seen the seller you're talking about on eBay. Canadian seller, right? Crazy prices for screws.

I had some M2 x 3 screws and they fit the 4 screws that hold the scales to the frame and not stick out inside (940 owners should know what I'm talking about). The only issue was that the button head was maybe .5mm taller and stuck out past the scales. Since the 940-1501 was going to be a collector mostly, I wanted to keep the original screws on it so I put them back on. The taller button head didn't really bother me but it was more noticeable than the screws sticking out inside the frame.

Maybe give BKC a call on Monday to see if they'll send you some screws? I've seen the seller you're talking about on eBay. Canadian seller, right? Crazy prices for screws.

I had some M2 x 3 screws and they fit the 4 screws that hold the scales to the frame and not stick out inside (940 owners should know what I'm talking about). The only issue was that the button head was maybe .5mm taller and stuck out past the scales. Since the 940-1501 was going to be a collector mostly, I wanted to keep the original screws on it so I put them back on. The taller button head didn't really bother me but it was more noticeable than the screws sticking out inside the frame.

I already asked and they said they didn’t have any silver hardware other than the clip screws. I found that interesting, you can make custom knives with silver hardware but the standard stuff gets left out. Ah well. This may just be an idea left at the drawing board.

Hi everyone, I'm definitely late the 940/943 party. Recently acquired two, the 940-1 and 943, and thoroughly enjoying their size and form for practical EDC.

The titanium models really peaked my interest. When was the last run of those? What's the likelihood of another limited or dealer exclusive run of those?
I compiled a list (with pictures) on Benchmade's home forum. You can browse through there and look at all the variations. Off the top of my head, I think the 940-121 gold class would be the most recent titanium model (made in 2012). They're not too terribly hard to come by.

https://www.benchmadeforum.com/topic/the-whole-940-family

Has anyone customized their 940's axis lock? I'm not even sure what type of steel it is.. I know the liners are stainless steel..

T tiguy7 one of your 940's axis locks is black, how'd ya go about doing that?

Back