A game to play

Very nice vehicle for the $$ and I absolutely love the GB1 ! 😍 :thumbsup:
Thank you! I love it, its the hybrid, though at the time I got it more for the extra HP than the gas mileage, but I'll definitely take 38mpg. Mine is the Limited trim.

The GB1 I bought in August 2013 , my first Spyderco and first knife purchased after joining blade forums. It has seen a lot of use, several sharpenings, and it just keeps on going.

Knife in meat is easy...
Show me please a folder with metal bolsters.
dn9BTm.jpg

d22f91.jpg

zhruCJ.jpg

euCNIa.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, the only SR I had was a Ratmandu, and it was super thick behind the edge. This SR looks like it cuts quite well!
Haven't really had a chance to play with it. Only got it cuz I received a $100 shop credit for responding to an iphone question Jerry posted. Don't normally frequent the Busse forum, but happened to see his post in New Posts. I guess mine and another member's responses helped him out, so he gave each of us $100 credit.

K.O.D. K.O.D.
Hyundais are some how underrated... I had two Highlanders that I bought new, traded the last one for a Santa Fe Ultimate, than got a G80 Ultimate and now I got the new Santa Fe Calligraphy...
Great cars for the money and I never had any issues with any of them.
GB 1 is one of my all time favorite knives/Spydercos... I spoke about it with the GB itself on one of the SHOT shows and he told me very interesting facts about how the knife was designed, it was long time ago, those things are well documented now in bunch of articles but for the time it was very interesting...

Last edited:
K.O.D. K.O.D.
Hyundais are some how underrated... I had two Highlanders that I bought new, traded the last one for a Santa Fe Ultimate, than got a G80 Ultimate and now I got the new Santa Fe Calligraphy...
Great cars for the money and I never had any issues with any of them.
Same. I had a 2012 Kia Forte EX (purchased in 11) which in 2018 to my cousin. 120k never a problem. I also had a 2011 Kia Sorento SX which I sold in March to buy the Hyundai. First issue was suspension, which is why I sold it. My mother has a 2015 Kia Sedona SXL, and my grandma a 2015 Sorento EX V6. Never a problem.

8500 on the Tucson Hybrid and its been great, averaging 36-38mpg mostly 40-50mph roads.

Dang good to see you here again Chris. It’s been since May that I’ve only seen you make a cameo 1 other time to answer a members question in your Fixed Blade thread. Sure hope to see you pop in again, Ive missed your wit and special charm gracing the different threads, especially this thread and the Fixed thread.
I check back from time to time, sometimes days turns into weeks and weeks to months. This place will always have a place in my heart. I need to come back more often to shoot the breeze around here, lots of good guys I miss chatting with, much appreciated my friend.

Don't own a lighter, I've never smoked. Well weed once in a while if someone had it. I did have a Vector quad torch for years, but my father borrowed it and couldn't remember where he put it.

How about a knife and a betamax player or betamax cassette. I believe I have a beta copy of Full Metal Jacket in a cabinet downstairs. Used to have the 1985 Chicago Bears super bowl shuffle too.

Playing by the rules, enough time has lapsed. Here’s a newer knife with an older coffee grinder. How about an older knife with a newer coffee grinder?
EF27C19E-8AB7-4B6C-92EA-9428DCBA2C06.jpeg

I've actually got two versions - a Zippo candle lighter I bought for the girl (because she kept burning herself trying to light candles) and an insert I bought just to try. (I don't smoke; I'm just a firebug).
Not an entry - here's a test run before I dropped it in an armor case
View attachment 2407737
I've been thinking of getting an insert for a zippo, this one looks good. There's a butane one as well, supposedly reliable.

I've tried a few of the butane inserts, with mostly good results. The one I had a problem with, oddly enough, was Zippo branded - it worked great; but it didn't fit right in a Zippo case. My first thought was that the armor case I tried it in was a little off; so I tried it in a few others with the same results. Ended up buying a Therm case to house it.
View attachment 2408399View attachment 2408406View attachment 2408400
(There was enough of a breeze to shift the flames slightly toward my thumb)

*I should mention that, regarding the Zippo insert that didn't fit right, I'd bought that same one previously and had no issues with it.
**I should also note that the only butane inserts I've tried are twin jets (as pictured). They come in the regular flame style and single jet. I used to see triple jets; but I didn't notice them when I ended up with the electric.

Last edited:
Back