A game to play

I've tried several butane inserts and they do work well, really well actually. They do solve the fast evaporate/refill dance. All the ones I've tried fire reliably and last long.
However, for me, the butane inserts remove all the reasons I like Zippos. I don't mind the act of refilling, the smell etc. You can tell when it's getting low and have plenty of use before it dies, so people that complain about them suddenly running out seem to not be paying attention.
Although tbh, it's mainly the lack/removal of nostalgia that bothers me most about the butane inserts. Seems like a Bic would be more reliable at that point.

Single jet

hmOWDz2.jpg

Duel jet

GymdMZO.jpeg

Flame (butane)

9ncYZrE.jpeg

There is one thing that the butane inserts can't do...

Look mom, no hands!

kdPL17E.jpeg

This year's Christmas tree was supposed to be up today, but I was too lazy to drag all the boxes in house.
This is from last year.
If it counts, I'd like to see another balanced can and knife next (like the one below)... 😂

YAiwT3.jpg

Don't ask... Family sport. BTW, not hard at all, it's just funny looking from aside... 🤣

YhDZSh.jpg

This year's Christmas tree was supposed to be up today, but I was too lazy to drag all the boxes in house.
This is from last year.
If it counts, I'd like to see another balanced can and knife next (like the one below)... 😂

YAiwT3.jpg

Don't ask... Family sport. BTW, not hard at all, it's just funny looking from aside... 🤣

YhDZSh.jpg
D9C47923-7356-4B8D-A78F-942D04591642.jpeg
How about a knife and a spatula (edit: or ladle, or any other longer handled cooking tool that’s not a knife) with obvious wear on it from scraping/cooking.

Last edited:
Will Lexus do it ?
Please ignore if not, it's too dark to snap a pix of my Sienna's emblem...

h7WCTw.jpg

If it's ok, please show us a knife on the logo/picture/sign, of some of your favorite t-shirts...
Same family! Did you wave mod that?

Same family! Did you wave mod that?
Overprized Toyota if you ask me, but they are good cars...
YessSir, you got it. This particular model is just crying to be waved, still contains the lines, logo is unharmed, solid, inexpensive knife.
I got some pix with the lock, I moded it slightly so it'll wok easier when drawn from pocket. CS back locks are heavy to compress usually,
which I like, but when wave, IMO they need to be slightly lighter for more reliable deployment.
There is way to just decrease the rubbing surface of the lock, without compromising the locking surface. 😎
Done couple more for friends that liked it. No complaints since 2017.

rWaCMS.jpg

Overprized Toyota if you ask me, but they are good cars...
YessSir, you got it. This particular model is just crying to be waved, still contains the lines, logo is unharmed, solid, inexpensive knife.
I got some pix with the lock, I moded it slightly so it'll wok easier when drawn from pocket. CS back locks are heavy to compress usually,
which I like, but when wave, IMO they need to be slightly lighter for more reliable deployment.
There is way to just decrease the rubbing surface of the lock, without compromising the locking surface. 😎
Done couple more for friends that liked it. No complaints since 2017.

rWaCMS.jpg
You did an EXCELLENT job, also I agree on the CS triad locks requiring effort to depress. I rarely grind them anymore, i mostly weld or bolt on the waves.

Thank you Shiny Sir !
If I can, I like to wave every knife that I drag and not using for regular work.
The "light action" of the CS backlocks IMO isn't necessary for other mods, I personally like it stiffer.
Otherwise, the "fix" is very simple, I just don't have pictures of the "done" locking bar but if you're
interested I'll message you very brief explanation and drawn schematic.

Back