A great man will be missed... Ron Hood passes on.

Wow, surprising news to me. Prayers to the family. R.I.P Ron Hood.

Gosh I just was with him last weekend, chipper as a bird. Was just watching one of his videos this morning. I really can't describe what an amazing man he was. The outdoor survival community has lost one of its new founding fathers. Rest in peace ron hood

I am truly sorry to hear this.

I have learned much from his efforts.

Rest in peace, Dr. Ron.

Doc

I am very sorry to hear this. I feel like Ron and Karen were extended parts of my own family, he will be missed. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I remember talking with him about 1997 when I bought some of his video's, he was a very nice Man, and I learned alot from his Video's. I Pray to God that he will find a nice Wilderness in Heaven and he will have the finest of Big Blades up there too, and he will be re-united with his Family up there some day. May God Bless you Ron and your family during this time of pain for them.

Saw those pics of him from Blade and thought he was on the upswing. RIP.

My wife and I just got back from backpacking and yesterday in the woods I quoted the one funny thing from "Survival Camping" where he had the one bandana labeled "ass rag"

That was one of the cooler things about his stuff. There was an element of humor.

Smoke up for his family. Another good man gone....

My Son was just watching some of his stuff today and was quite shocked to hear of his death. Ron Hood left a lot to be remembered by.

Rest easy.

Sending my condolences to his family. I am so sorry. I just met him at the Blade Show and we talked about 15 to 20 minutes about some of the adventures he's done. It blew me away when he told me about competing in the RAAM.

My deepest condolences to Mr. Hood's family.

I was shocked to hear of this profound loss.

Prayers sent.

mqqn

So sad. Just horrible. Hope his family will find some solace in the rich and purposeful life he lead.

I'm devastated. Ron gave me one of the greatest adventures of my life by including me in the filming of Volume 11: Solo Survival. RIP, my friend.

very surprised by this. saw him at Blade, wish i had had spent more time at the booth.

safe journey guy!

Wow, I'm stunned. I got to spend about 3hrs bs'n with him at Blade. He looked better than he had in a while, I figured he was on the mend.

Wow.

Rest in Peace, my heart and prayers go out for Ron's Family.

Moose

Prayers up for the Hood family! The survival community has lost a legend...

Back