A great man will be missed... Ron Hood passes on.

aaah man.. what a bummer.. my condolances go out to his family.. good journey Ron..

I had read about his health problemsw but had also read that he was improving...quite shocking news to say the least. He will be sorely missed...prayers to Karen and Jesse...very sad......

That was one of the cooler things about his stuff. There was an element of humor.

Indeed :thumbup: . I never met him, but his humorous yet informative prose and the stories I've heard from those who met him, make him sound like a helluva good guy, not only a trailblazer for the community. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Indeed :thumbup: . I never met him, but his humorous yet informative prose and the stories I've heard from those who met him, make him sound like a helluva good guy, not only a trailblazer for the community. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

I never met him, but having his DVD's and surfing Hoodswoods...I felt like I did.
I miss him today, and thought about his family a lot during work. BIG loss for our community.

:( I thought Ron was getting better..... Sad news indeed :(:(

Best wishes for Karen and Jesse
Eric

Learned quite a bit from his stuff, sadly I never met him. Prayers & condolences sent.

I was just watching one of his videos the other day. This is terrible news and a great loss to us all.

My condolences and best wishes for his family and friends.

This is such a Shock! I am so sorry to hear this. He was a great man. I have learned so much from his videos. He will be missed. I am so sorry for his family. Smoke and Prayers.

He will be missed and may he rest in peace.. :(

Prayers sent for his family.

Wow...this is a real shocker! I've been traveling and return home to hear this very sad news; he was one of the leaders in the world of "survival" and will truly be missed. God bless Karen and his son as they work through this extremely hard time...I can only hope wife and son will continue his legacy as he's established a great business and graduate level of instruction on the art and science of survival. Congrats for Ron's achievements and contributions...prayers for his family and close friends...we all will miss him,

ROCK6

He was a very knowledgeable teacher with a very good sense of humor.
He also designed one of the best large survival knives ever made, the TOPS/Buck Hoodlum.

A fine man lost. Thanks to Ron and his family for preserving some of his vast knowledge. He started my interest in survival techniques years ago. RIP.

Back