A member of the survival team needs your help.

R.A.T.

Randall's Adventure & Training
Guys,

We all know Ron Hood. He's the man who set the benchmark in this survival industry that we all now follow. If it wasn't for the Hoods, we would not be where we are, thus we have a deep respect and love for Ron and his family.

Well, Ron is in the fight of his life right now. He has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of Prostate Cancer. And while his VA benefits cover most of the expenses, he is still going to be away during this fight from his normal ways of making money due to tests, treatments, etc.

So, we are asking you to consider going to his web site at http://www.survival.com/ and buy his excellent products and survival DVDs instead of spending money on another ESEE Knife. Please, take the money that you had set aside for your next ESEE purchase and put it towards one of Ron and Karen's excellent products.

Ron's a hard headed, ugly, mean old shit :) ...but those qualities are the same reason he will beat the cancer. In the interim while their fight continues, we ask that you spend less dollars with ESEE and put those dollars towards Ron's products. It's simply a request. In the meantime the mods and us will try to come up with a way that we can help all of you out who helps out the Hoods by buying their products. We will think of something. Sorry for the rambling but right now we are just trying to think of something and let everyone know what's going on with someone we consider the Master of Wilderness Survival, a friend and a family member to all of us.

Jeff

Last edited:
Done. Order has been placed. He has some nice items and I'm always in for a magazine subscription.

Yes, I just went over and ordered the complete set of DVDs. I have always bought them here and there, one at a time and always wanted the full set. So, now its' done. :)

BTW: Mods, if you will get some type of contest going to win a full set of Hoods Woods DVDs then ESEE will buy them and give them away to the winner.

Mike / Katie: do you know their direct PayPal address? I paid for the DVD set with a credit card and didn't use the PayPal account.

Ron has not been diagnosed with cancer, cancer has been diagnosed with a very aggressive form of Ron Hood.

Ron deserves anything that this community can do to help ease this burden. I consider Ron to be the godfather of modern survival as well as a personal friend.

I'll have this contest figured out shortly and posted up but I warn you folks, it won't be pleasant.

Ron has not been diagnosed with cancer, cancer has been diagnosed with a very aggressive form of Ron Hood.

Ron deserves anything that this community can do to help ease this burden. I consider Ron to be the godfather of modern survival as well as a personal friend.

Ditto!

If they do not have one, Jeff, you can open one and dedicate it for this cause and then you can just get the donations to them. Let's get this ball rollling. We are a family here!

We would but anything we would do we would want to be approved by the Hoods. I have had a few emails with Ron and right now the best support we can give them is to buy their products. The Hoods have a stroong work ethic so quid pro quo is the way they live.

just want to say this, you guys might want to take this off of sticky, because to me it seems more people see something thats not stickied. we should aslo post this in becker and w&s, between all of us we should be getting something good

Jeff, Everyone here knows that my wife was/is going through a very similar situation as Ron. There have been similar situations in our community where a fund has been set up @ a local bank where donations can be made in person, mail, cash transfer, or the internet. Maybe someone could call Mrs. Hood & see if something like this can be done? Buying his products is a great idea & would help them a lot, but a donation is 100% cash to them, rather than a percentage of a markup on a product.
We will keep them in our prayers.
Merry Christmas,
Be safe.

I think a raffle would be a good idea. Im sure I have something Id put up

I think a raffle would be a good idea. Im sure I have something Id put up

I think Raffles are against the rules.
Just go to the website and purchase something ,they do accept paypal b/c that is how I purchase things thru them...

Well, Ron is in the fight of his life right now. He has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of Prostate Cancer. And while his VA benefits cover most of the expenses, he is still going to be away during this fight from his normal ways of making money due to tests, treatments, etc.

Jeff

My dad had Prostate Cancer. He was lucky enough to have it removed. Hopefully it never comes back.

My thoughts go out to Ron Hood and his family.

I truly hate cancer. Our family has had tons of cancer deaths. :thumbdn:

just want to say this, you guys might want to take this off of sticky, because to me it seems more people see something thats not stickied. we should aslo post this in becker and w&s, between all of us we should be getting something good

Any re-posts in other forums would be appreciated by the Hoods, I'm sure.

Well, I had some money put aside for that Izula tattoo... This seems like a lot better cause anyway.. Going over there to order now. Ron has been a big influence in my outdoor ways.

I will try to be in touch with Karen. I do have their paypal address, but as Jeff said we don't want to do something to step on their toes. I'll let ya'll know when I hear something.

As far as raffles and the like. I'm sure we could find a way to do things ;).

Back